“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 417 Venice B&B and Inns
Maia, Portugal
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The Residenza degli Angeli is very beautifull, I loved to stay there and I want to go there again soon as possible!
It is a place very beautiful, with people very sympatic, friendly, helpfull.
Esmeralda is very sympatic and helped us with maps of the city and told us the places we shoud visit and the best way to go.
I loved everything!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

284 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
cape cod, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

My family and I loved our stay at Residenza degli Angeli. Esmeralda met us at the vaporetto stop and immediately we felt at ease. She walked us to the B&B and took the time to help us understand and better enjoy our trip to Venice. Upon arriving at the B&B, which was just a short walk away, we were so pleased with the location (so close to the Rialto Bridge, San Marco Square...but just away enough from the middle of all the tourism). The rooms were big, comfortable, with a wonderful Venetian charm, up to date and very clean. I could not have imagined any better. In the morning we were treated to a delightful breakfast by Esmeralda or Mario, everything was fresh and delicious. Esmeralda and Mario were kind, welcoming and gracious and also gave us great advice to get us started on exploring Venice as well as great restaurants to enjoy.
When we returned to the B&B at the end of the day it felt like we were returning home (a truly Venetian home). My life has been so enriched by the experience we had at Residenza degli Angeli. I hope I can return to Venice and this B&B again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

All was excellent here, the room very clean and comfortable, the position 3 minutes by walking from the Rialto Bridge, the owner Mario very kind and full of suggestions to better enjoy Venice.. And all this at a very good price for a 4 bed room in the middle of the City. Great experience !!!

• Stayed August 2013
Granville, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Last trip to Venise, we stayed at "Residenza degli Angeli" for five days. Quiet district of Venise, nearby the Rialto bridge and market.
Very nice residence, typically venitian. Kind welcoming by Esmeralda who picked us at bus terminal and explained very well the principal sites to visit.
Nice room, with all comfort, TV (no french channels...), good breakfast served by Esmeralda of Mario - venitian born - always ready to help us and give informations on restaurants, visits, good plans etc...
We hope to go back to Venise and stay again there ... !
Congratulations to both .

Room Tip: Rooms named as the children of Esmeralda : good idea ! Very quiet street with overview on a small ga...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Our recent stay at this property with our two children (12 & 15) was alright; not quite what the reviews make it appear. This is a cash only property, they do not take credit cards which is a bit of an inconvenience; but once you make your reservations they do inform you of this so we were prepared with cash. Also they insist that you phone with an exact time of arrival at the water bus stop, however when dependent on water buses/taxi's, estimating an exact time of arrival is almost impossible. We found out the hard way that the phone call is not really for your convenience but the proprietors - we had no access to a pay phone and did not want to turn on our emergency cell phone and incur the hefty international roaming charges, so we navigated the streets ourselves (not easy as the residence is not marked, but we accomplished it with a good map); Within the first 5 minutes of arrival we were informed 3 separate times that this was not ok, which was embarrassing, it's not like we asked or expected to check-in when we arrived at 10:30 am we just wanted to store our luggage so we could go explore Venice. They do provide a lot of information on the island and restaurants but for the price even in Venice the rooms are just average, everything was clean including our private bath but the beds are very uncomfortable (saggy) and no one got a good night's rest. Breakfast is not served until 8:30 am and if you have to leave before this time in the morning you're out of luck. We did not ask for any compromise on the breakfast times but were informed anyway not to expect anything before 8:30 am - just in case we were thinking about asking I guess. The hostess did place a tetra box of orange juice and 4 prepackaged croissants in our room, which looked and tasted like you'd expect (that they even had these items at the ready means this probably happens a lot). We really wanted to like this property, unfortunately it didn't live up to the reviews and we found ourselves wishing we had instead booked at one of the two others properties we have formally stayed at while in Venice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tonsberg, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I LOVED my stay at this hotel. Mario greeted me at the Vaparetto stop and guided me through the streets to the hotel, making sure I noted specific areas so I would remember where to go. This was just a great first impression, and especially appreciated by me who had never been to Venice before. Mario also gave me a map over the immediate area with pointers to restaurants with good food and fair prices, a grocery store, pharmacy etc. (hand drawn locations, btw.) before he showed me to my room. The room was super cozy, very elegantly decorated - it looked like the classy old-timey style that you see in the pictures while being up-to-date in terms of facilities (the bathroom seemed to have been renovated within the last 5 years or so). There was a tiny TV (maybe 15 inch) but as for me I didn't come to Venice to watch TV (honestly, who would?). The room was bigger than I expected, and both the room and bathroom were nice and clean. This except for a sort of musky feel of damp air, but then again pretty much all of Venice feels like that (it's what it's famous for!), and admittedly the walls were pretty thin (but "lucky" for me the other guests were normal people and kept a normal noise level). The breakfast was wonderful! Admittedly, a roll and/or a croissant with butter and/or jam doesn't quite fill me up, but again Mario proved a wonderful host and personally not only served my breakfast, but also made me hot chocolate from scratch (warmed milk and added chocolate) - it was amazing! The location of the hotel was also simply perfect for me. It was just a 5 minute walk from the Rialto Markets and Bridge, and a 15 minute walk from Piazza San Marco, but at the same time it was off to the side from the busy tourist streets and otherwise stressful and loud areas. Again, perfect location for anything, whether you're shopping, sightseeing, or on a romantic trip. Between the room, location, breakfast and personalized service I definitely felt like I was living like a local or staying with a friend. To sum it up, I've stayed at five-star hotels and spas, but I have to admit that I was so overwhelmingly satisfied with the service I got at the Residenza, and for the low price that I paid (for a double, even though I travelled alone) I would recommend it to anyone. In fact, this is my first hotel review ever and the first time a hotel has given me such a good experience that I would write a review.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Wonderful host, Mario meets you at the vaporetto and helps you with your bags and we had many. The b and b is kind of secluded so it is on the quiet side. We had a good size room, working air conditioning and we shared a bath which actually worked out fine . Everything was very clean. Mario's mom has a hotel as well and it is clean with big rooms and is in a busy location. Our family of five actually needed to occupy both hotels because something got messed up with our reservation and Mario could not accommodate all of us in his b and b. It worked out great with my older children enjoying the busier part of town in his mom's place. Mario's sister who was very personable and knowledgeable and a pleasure to meet. Great family! This b and b is a good value and perfect for a short visit in Venice. Excellent croissants for breakfast!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residenza degli Angeli? Share your experiences!