I booked 1 night for myself and my wife at Alloggi Al Gallo. But my wife was unable to join me so I travelled alone.
- Alloggi Al Gallo is a tipical family run B&B. It is located in an old building in Santa Croce district. Location is good, you are close to everything - 15 min walk to Santa Lucia Railway Station and Piazzale Roma Bus Terminal.
- The room was good, rather big, clean, en-suite.
- It was quiet there. But seems I was the only guest in the hotel )
- Free fast wi-fi.
- Very friendly and nice owners.
- The price was 39 Eu/DBL/night. As for breakfast, I don't know, I left the hotel at 6 am, I had early in the morning train.
- No at all.
How to find:
Sometimes it's not easy to find the hotel. If you arrive at Santa Lucia Station and Piazzale Roma bus Terminal, just go along Canale di Santa Maria Maggiore till the end of Fondamenta Tolentini then turn left and continue going along Canale di Santa Maria Maggiore. You will go down the street with many narrow lanes (calle). Usually the name of the lane is indicated on the top of the entrance arch. But the name Calle del Forno is written inside the arch on the left wall. Orientation: when you see Falier Hotel sign, go straight. The second or third arch on the left will be Calle del Forno. Go there, in 30 meters you will see the sign with chicken picture. You are there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated family hotel, located just off the Canal Grande. Venice Marco Polo airport is about 20 min.away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Al Gallo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Al Gallo Hotel Venice