“Perfection” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ca' Maria Adele

Save Saved
You added Ca' Maria Adele to your Saves list
Ca' Maria Adele
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dorsoduro 111 | Rio Terra dei Catecumeni, 30123 Venice, Italy (Dorsoduro)   |
Ranked #7 of 381 Hotels in Venice
New York City, New York
“Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Being here is like living in one of those exquisite dreams of absoulte joy. The service is deft and compliant but never intrusive. It is the distilled essense of Venice: a little mysteriouis, rather opulent and continually graced with the verve of discovery. I have stayed here many times on business and also with my family when they were young, I have stayed in several of the `thematic' rooms and have always taken the breakfast - as the sitting is simultaneously grand and private. I can't really imagine wanting to stay anywhere else in Venice.

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I am almost loath to tell everyone how absolutely fantastic this hotel is in case it becomes so busy I can not reserve a room!

We arrived in the mid day Venice heat after a long journey and were welcomed with a cool glass of prosecco whilst our bags were taken to our room. The room was magnificent, cool marble floors, air con and subtle gold fittings, You are greeted by the television playing beautiful classical music with a feed on to the Grand Canal - I can't think of many better welcomes. The huge king size bed is very comfortable, and there is a stocked mini bar (soft drinks) which was included in the price. Alcoholic drinks and food is available through room service. There is masses of storage for clothes and suitcases, and the bathroom was stocked with enough toiletries to open a shop, so you don't need to take anything with you (if you don't want to). The hotel has a fantastic breakfast policy 8 - 12 pm! great not to have to be up and out before you have recovered. We never found the breakfast room as we enjoyed the terrace every day possibly as Brits we enjoyed seeing the sun! There is a huge selection of juices, continental and small amount of cooked items which you order the night before and is delivered on arrival. The tea bags are in fine muslin ( I almost cried!)

The hotel arranged a taxi from the jetty outside the front door which whisked us back to the airport in about 20 minutes well worth it.

Nothing during our stay was too much trouble for the excellent staff. Although the hotel was full we only saw one other guest during our 4 day stay. Seconds from the Grand Canal you feel you are a million miles away from civilisation.

Upon arrival home we received a lovely thank you card from the hotel for visiting - a super touch.

I can not recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband chose this hotel for the first 4 nights of our honeymoon and what a brilliant choice it was! The service was exceptional, possibly the best out of any hotel we have stayed in. Intimate and full of seductive charm, the hotel is full of little nooks and crannies where you can enjoy a drink or choose to eat breakfast. The breakfasts were fantastic and there was a small selection of snacks (meatballs, cheese etc) available through room service which we enjoyed on our first night. As it was our honeymoon we were treated to a complementary bottle of sparkling wine in our room on arrival which was a really nice touch. We stayed in the Sala Dei Mori, the only room with a balcony overlooking the canal, it was absolutely stunning and very cosy. The hotel organised a gondola trip for us, the gondola collected us at the door of the hotel and they arranged for us to have a chilled bottle of Prosecco for the ride, what an amazing experience! We were sad to leave this hotel and would definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Sala Dei Mori has a balcony (although small) overlooking the canal.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Super Hotel !!
If you go for some days to Venice, you will enjoy this place ! Just at one stop of vaporetto from San Marco piazza ! ... and at the shadow of Church della Salute just at the Edge of Dorsoduro !

Quite and beautiful ! Choose a "with thema" room !
Gentle people speaking French & English always at your service !
.... And and ....... extraordinary "a la carte" included breakfeast !
Not 99 % ..... but 100 % happy to be there ! For French speaking like us, ask Mr Christian !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Aside from being in one of the most magical and unique cities in the world, I had the great pleasure of staying at an incredibly romantic (yeah, I know, I was alone, but...) and delightful hotels I could have imagined. Organized by a wonderful friend, I placed my trust in him, not knowing what to expect. The water taxi pulled up to a beautiful facade, the Venecian flags draped across the second floor exterior. The glass front doors opened wide and I walked into a tranquil and intimate escape. The concierage greeted me with warmth and escorted me to the reception room, where the unobtrusive staff brought me champagne and biscotti. The walls are wrapped in black velvet, the decor is lush, the fireplace comforting and the couch deep - great care was taken by the owners, Alessio and Nicola Campa in the design. The stress of travel unravelled quickly. My luggage met me in my room, The Oriental and views of the iconic Santa Marie Della Salute graced the windows. What could be better? The staff set the television to a video of Venice, with classical music wafting across the impeccable and clean room. There were the usual amenaties available - the plush robe, comfie slippers, the safe and the bed roll down, complete with rose petals. There was also a letter informing me that the staff would be happy to arrange a trip to Murano, a walking tour with a guide, tickets to a classical concert in San Vidal church or a gondola ride. I took advantage of the concert, which didn't disappoint. It was a really nice touch on the hotel's part. After a great night's sleep on the wonderful mattress, I felt like I had awakened in an obsidian and gold jewellry box. Again, the view couldn't be more spectacular. The breakfast (served until 11:00) was ample and there were many choices for all palates. The staff also provide a light snack for the afternoon. Thoughtful.
Each section of the hotel has a feeling of privacy. This is intentional. Heavy curtains in the halls seperate each room, creating a sense of intimacy. You feel like the only guest in the hotel, and that is how the staff make you feel. They are multilingual, friendly and very helpful. On a more practical note, because it is inevitable to get lost in Venice, the location next to the church made things much easier to navigate (especially at night), and the hotel is ideally located near the Peggy Guggenheim Gallery.
The owners Nicola and Alessio have taken extreme care with Ca Maria Adele. The attention to detail is sublime, right down to the thank you letter I found in my mailbox a few days after my return home. They obviously love what they do and this spills over to the guests. I look forward to going back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you had to take a woman you wanted to impress to a hotel in Venice, but without being flash and ostentatious, this is where you would want to stay. Without a doubt this is where Bond would go - a hotel so 'boutique' that you genuinely feel like you are the only people staying. We saw two other couples. Once. Apart from that I could easily have believed we had the place to ourselves.
It feels like a secret because it looks out onto Santa Maria della Salute, that iconic white domed church you've seen in every Monet and Canaletto of Venice, close enough to touch it. Literally. And yet, being the south side of the Grand Canal it isnt thronged with tourists but feels tranquil, intimate and secluded. Not that that means you're cut off - in fact you are a single two minute vaparetto ride across from St Mark's square. So five minutes after stepping out of the hotel you can be in Harry's bar sipping a bellini. Everything makes you feel like you are special and in a friend;s home - come home late and want a drink? No problem - help yourself to the honesty bar. Want to sit outside? Open up one of the balconies and go ahead. Cant recommend it highly enough. Just bring your Bond soundtrack - trust me.

Room Tip: The oriental room and the sala dei Mori room both look onto Santa Maria Della Salute, but only Sala...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
East Molesey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

This was a surprise weekend away and my first time to Venice so I was blown away by the whole experience. The hotel was boutique, small but perfectly formed. The rooms and the decor were beautiful & the staff super helpful & friendly. The hotel felt luxurious and special, exclusive & romantic, wonderful from start to finish.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Ca' Maria Adele? Share your experiences!