“Perfect honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ca' Maria Adele

Save Saved
You added Ca' Maria Adele to your Saves list
Ca' Maria Adele
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dorsoduro 111 | Rio Terra dei Catecumeni, 30123 Venice, Italy (Dorsoduro)   |
Ranked #11 of 382 hotels in Venice
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Perfect honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband chose this hotel for the first 4 nights of our honeymoon and what a brilliant choice it was! The service was exceptional, possibly the best out of any hotel we have stayed in. Intimate and full of seductive charm, the hotel is full of little nooks and crannies where you can enjoy a drink or choose to eat breakfast. The breakfasts were fantastic and there was a small selection of snacks (meatballs, cheese etc) available through room service which we enjoyed on our first night. As it was our honeymoon we were treated to a complementary bottle of sparkling wine in our room on arrival which was a really nice touch. We stayed in the Sala Dei Mori, the only room with a balcony overlooking the canal, it was absolutely stunning and very cosy. The hotel organised a gondola trip for us, the gondola collected us at the door of the hotel and they arranged for us to have a chilled bottle of Prosecco for the ride, what an amazing experience! We were sad to leave this hotel and would definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Sala Dei Mori has a balcony (although small) overlooking the canal.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

336 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Greek first
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Super Hotel !!
If you go for some days to Venice, you will enjoy this place ! Just at one stop of vaporetto from San Marco piazza ! ... and at the shadow of Church della Salute just at the Edge of Dorsoduro !

Quite and beautiful ! Choose a "with thema" room !
Gentle people speaking French & English always at your service !
.... And and ....... extraordinary "a la carte" included breakfeast !
Not 99 % ..... but 100 % happy to be there ! For French speaking like us, ask Mr Christian !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Aside from being in one of the most magical and unique cities in the world, I had the great pleasure of staying at an incredibly romantic (yeah, I know, I was alone, but...) and delightful hotels I could have imagined. Organized by a wonderful friend, I placed my trust in him, not knowing what to expect. The water taxi pulled up to a beautiful facade, the Venecian flags draped across the second floor exterior. The glass front doors opened wide and I walked into a tranquil and intimate escape. The concierage greeted me with warmth and escorted me to the reception room, where the unobtrusive staff brought me champagne and biscotti. The walls are wrapped in black velvet, the decor is lush, the fireplace comforting and the couch deep - great care was taken by the owners, Alessio and Nicola Campa in the design. The stress of travel unravelled quickly. My luggage met me in my room, The Oriental and views of the iconic Santa Marie Della Salute graced the windows. What could be better? The staff set the television to a video of Venice, with classical music wafting across the impeccable and clean room. There were the usual amenaties available - the plush robe, comfie slippers, the safe and the bed roll down, complete with rose petals. There was also a letter informing me that the staff would be happy to arrange a trip to Murano, a walking tour with a guide, tickets to a classical concert in San Vidal church or a gondola ride. I took advantage of the concert, which didn't disappoint. It was a really nice touch on the hotel's part. After a great night's sleep on the wonderful mattress, I felt like I had awakened in an obsidian and gold jewellry box. Again, the view couldn't be more spectacular. The breakfast (served until 11:00) was ample and there were many choices for all palates. The staff also provide a light snack for the afternoon. Thoughtful.
Each section of the hotel has a feeling of privacy. This is intentional. Heavy curtains in the halls seperate each room, creating a sense of intimacy. You feel like the only guest in the hotel, and that is how the staff make you feel. They are multilingual, friendly and very helpful. On a more practical note, because it is inevitable to get lost in Venice, the location next to the church made things much easier to navigate (especially at night), and the hotel is ideally located near the Peggy Guggenheim Gallery.
The owners Nicola and Alessio have taken extreme care with Ca Maria Adele. The attention to detail is sublime, right down to the thank you letter I found in my mailbox a few days after my return home. They obviously love what they do and this spills over to the guests. I look forward to going back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you had to take a woman you wanted to impress to a hotel in Venice, but without being flash and ostentatious, this is where you would want to stay. Without a doubt this is where Bond would go - a hotel so 'boutique' that you genuinely feel like you are the only people staying. We saw two other couples. Once. Apart from that I could easily have believed we had the place to ourselves.
It feels like a secret because it looks out onto Santa Maria della Salute, that iconic white domed church you've seen in every Monet and Canaletto of Venice, close enough to touch it. Literally. And yet, being the south side of the Grand Canal it isnt thronged with tourists but feels tranquil, intimate and secluded. Not that that means you're cut off - in fact you are a single two minute vaparetto ride across from St Mark's square. So five minutes after stepping out of the hotel you can be in Harry's bar sipping a bellini. Everything makes you feel like you are special and in a friend;s home - come home late and want a drink? No problem - help yourself to the honesty bar. Want to sit outside? Open up one of the balconies and go ahead. Cant recommend it highly enough. Just bring your Bond soundtrack - trust me.

Room Tip: The oriental room and the sala dei Mori room both look onto Santa Maria Della Salute, but only Sala...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
East Molesey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

This was a surprise weekend away and my first time to Venice so I was blown away by the whole experience. The hotel was boutique, small but perfectly formed. The rooms and the decor were beautiful & the staff super helpful & friendly. The hotel felt luxurious and special, exclusive & romantic, wonderful from start to finish.

• Stayed May 2012
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We spent three nights here after Christmasand couldn't have asked for more: a lovely interior, lots of imaginative touches, charming rooms, nice, helpful staff and a fabulous location, with the Salute vaporetto stop right outside the hotel, along with the stunning Punta della Dogana gallery space. Delicious breakfast, prepared and served to order. Outstanding hotel in our opinion.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Leamington spa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is a fantastic hotel. The rooms are beautifully furnished with fabric lined walls and wonderful chandeliers, huge beds and lovely marble lined modern bathrooms. My husband and I stayed in one of the concept rooms - The Doge - which was up one short flight of stairs above reception and decorated in a very dramatic red from floor to ceiling. The room is just gorgeous and very romantic. So many other hotels in this price bracket have sparse modern decor but this whole hotel was a real delight. Our Doge room had a very high ceiling with several almost floor to ceiling windows draped in a sumptuous red damask fabric. The bed and all the walls are lined in the same material, with a lovely faux fur throw at the foot of the bed. And there is a huge chandelier in the middle of the room - a replica of one I spotted in the Doges Palace. It is just enormous. There is a separate dressing room and lovely big bathroom with corner jacuzzi bath, modern sink and the same huge windows as the bedroom. The room was lovely and warm and we had a great view of the beautiful white church opposite and the side canal. If you leaned right out of the window you could just see the grand canal. I was worried the church would keep us awake all night with bells tolling every hour but it was not a problem - it only rings 8 till 8 and wasn't too loud so wasn't a problem. There is a flat screen tv with built in DVD player (and a library of DVDs to borrow). The tv screen shows a live webcam view of the grand canal and plays lovely opera music (and delightful christmas songs when we were there the week before Christmas). The breakfast is gorgeous. Freshly squeezed orange juice, wonderful coffee, fresh croissants, eggs any way you want and crispy bacon - there are around 60 items to choose from so you will be spoilt for choice. All was delicious and beautifully presented. The staff were fantastic too. So friendly and helpful offering to recommend and book restaurants, suggestions of where to visit, which water buses/taxis to take and where. My husband and I were very impressed. I am very fussy where hotels are concerned and always research throughly before booking. I have stayed in some of the best hotels in the world and was worried that this small hotel in Venice may not live up to my expectations but I needn't have worried. It was perfect. Do yourself a favour and book this hotel, you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: Go for a concept room. The decor is gorgeous and adds to the atmosphere of this lovely city.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ca' Maria Adele? Share your experiences!