“Lovely hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ca' Maria Adele

Save Saved
You added Ca' Maria Adele to your Saves list
Ca' Maria Adele
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dorsoduro 111 | Rio Terra dei Catecumeni, 30123 Venice, Italy (Dorsoduro)   |
Ranked #11 of 382 hotels in Venice
Genève
“Lovely hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I spend 2 night at the Ca Maria Adele for a very special occasion and certainly the hotel did not let me down. It is a very romantic place were the service is attentive until the very last detail. The breakfast was absolutely outstanding, with a huge selection that one can choose the night before. The room was very spacious, and always clean.
The staff always greeted you with a smile and were willing to help.
I do recommend this hotel if you are looking to spend some days in an unforgettable place in one of the most romantic cities in the world.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

339 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Greek first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The owners make you feel as though you are a special guest, you are offered a drink upon arrival and genuine conversation as they are interested in their guests. We were staying for five nights this time. Our first visit was shortly after the hotel opened about six years ago. Beautiful bedrooms tastefully coloured and lit, very sumptuous fabrics bedeck the public areas. There is classical music softly playing in the background, just enough sound to increase the atmosphere of the exquisite balance of the house. If you want a large hotel there are many in Venice offering all the mod cons, but if you require a more intimate friendly and peaceful stay where the staff will know you and help you select an ideal restaurant or gallery to visit then the Ca Maria Adele is the answer. I cant wait to return and savour the luxurious little gem again. PS they even made me a special drink when I was a bit off colour.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

A romantic weekend in Venice celebrating our wedding anniversary. We decided to splurge on the best possible hotel. And in the end...influenced more than anything by the stellar reviews on this site I booked one of the themed rooms at the Ca Maria Adele at a cost of 700 Euro a night. For that amount we could have stayed at any of the top 5 star hotels. But I was bowled over by the consistently rave reviews this little boutique hotel received and how romantic it seemed. The hotel's website with gorgeous detailed photography of the themed rooms was so seductive. Big Mistake. This is a B&B type establishment charging outrageous prices.

It's tiny. Photography on the website misleads the eye. The sitting room can hold precisely 4 people. The reception feels crowded with just 3 of you - that's us plus the man behind the desk, a porter arrives and we practically have to stand out of his way so he can get by. Then our room.....We stayed in the Sala Noire. Again clever photography highlighted decadent and sumptuous design features...what it doesn't show you is how oddly shaped and small the room is or how dreadfully badly laid out it is. For starters the en-suite shower (there is no bath - something I was not aware of when I booked) is upstairs from the room. Not up a couple of steps or even a mezzanine type arrangement but fully up a flight of 15 stairs to the floor above. Now I don't know about you but for me this stretches the concept of "en suite" quite considerably. Plus it created all kinds of problems with having either to leave a light on at night so that one could find one's way to the loo if needed or having to fumble about with turning on lights...the stairs were in themselves a bit of a death-trap being uneven in tread causing both of us to nearly trip up on several occasions (and no we're not old and infirm). The shower room itself while sleek and modern was strictly "one person at a time" size and the bedroom, dominated by a large (and actually to be fair extremely comfortable) bed did not allow enough standing space for two people to pass without getting in each others way. Apart from the clever use of fabric and lighting which is all shown on the website the room is a con. There is no wardrobe, just a rail rigged up behind a curtain and absolutely no drawer space at all. So clothes you can't hang up (t-shirts, underwear etc) all had to stay in our bag which then had to be hauled out from behind the rail-curtain and rummaged through. "I'm back-packing at £600 quid a night?" my husband queried. And in my view worst of all there are no side tables but rather this utterly repellent cheap, badly chipped veneer built-in desk and bed surround which was so horrid it totally spoilt the room for me - and marked the whole thing as a sham because I don't get how anyone would truly care about design and allow this.

Breakfast also irritated me. You have to choose the night before the time, place and content of your meal. Why? I don't want to have to make decisions about what I want to eat a full 12 hours before I need to. I'm on holiday....I want to wake up when I feel like it. This isn't what good service should be about. We ended up skipping breakfast entirely one day as I couldn't face filling in what seemed like a Census Form upon our return to the room at midnight. We sampled it the next day in a pretty but again small upstairs room which held too many tables too closely together so that private conversation was impossible and forced evesdropping unpleasant - though not as unpleasant as getting the bill for our 2 night stay. Perhaps everyone else staying here was on some kind of mega-deal as honestly I wanted to throw myself into the canal at the thought of what a huge waste of money it was.

Venice is heart stoppingly beautiful. If you have got this kind of money to splash out on a hotel do yourself a favour and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Gloucester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We've just come back from a very luxurious stay at the Ca Maria Hotel. The hotel is in a fantasic location one stop away from St. Marks and two stops from the Accademia Bridge. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful and gave excellent service, including complimentary drinks on arrival. The highlight for us was breakfast on the roof terrace, which is a must if the weather is nice. We chose a deluxe double room, which lived up to the hotel's boutique status and was spacious enough for the two of us. For me, Venice is a lovely place to visit at least once in your lifetime - if we go back, we know where we'll be staying!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We have stayed in various hotels in Venice over the years and this is fabulous. Staff are first class and everything was perfect! One of the best locations in Venice! Eat breakfast on the terrace for an unforgettable Venetian morning, simply wonder

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Ca' Maria Adele is an expensive luxury hotel located conveniently close to things but far enough away from the main square to feel like you can escape from the masses of tourists. I was upgraded to a suite upon arrival which was lovely and had a fantastic view. On the whole the staff were incredibly nice. Breakfast as others have remarked on is both included and comprehensive (and very good quality).

There was only one real issues during my stay. I was there for work and had to leave the hotel around 8am to get to my meetings. Unfortunately the breakfast only starts at 8am. It took about 20 min the night before to convince the man at the front desk that there had to be a way for them to provide me with some sort of breakfast before then, even if it was only cornetto or two from a local bar, particularly when I was paying 550 euros a night. In the end, the promised croissant did emerge in the morning but for this price and level of luxury, there should be a default position of "yes, of course we will sort it out for you"

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

What a fantastic hotel!

Upon arrival - and what a great way to arrive by water taxi direct to the 'front' door - we were made to feel very welcome. Our bags whisked away and we were given a welcome prosecco. Staff were attentive. Our room was excellent. Attention to detail was obvious and sometimes just the little things make the experience really great - bottle of prosecco on ice waiting for us. The rooms were kept immaculate and clean, towels were lovely and fluffy.

The staff were very helpful with maps, recommendations and what was happening locally (for us a gondala regatta meant limited access to the Grand Canal one day but we were told how and where to go on foot to help get across the canal to where we wanted to be).

The breakfast is an experience, over 60 items to choose from and various locations to take breakfast, we were spoilt.

Location is really good for getting around (Salute/water taxi stop) but great for being in a slightly quieter spot for the evening. Walking to the Accademia bridge took no more than 7-8 minutes at a leisurely stroll and from here you hit all the crowds and more popular restaurants. However, the Dorsoduro area has a few gems of its own and not to be missed!

All in all a fantastic experience and a highly recommended hotel.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms, they are all good. The location of the hotel means that in the evening the alleyw...