“hmmm...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Gondola Ride

Gondola Ride
San Marco 3613, Venice, Italy (San Marco)
041 5285075
Raleigh, North Carolina
32 attraction reviews
“hmmm...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

if you want to experience a "gondola" ride without breaking the bank, board a water taxi or get on the gondola taxi (sorry i forgot the term)...for 75 cents (euros), you get the same experience...short but sweet!

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Coventry, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“You can't visit Venice and not go on a Gondola!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

It would be wrong to visit Venice and not go on one of these. We went during Carnivale in February, it was very cold and not many people were going on them so we haggled down to 50 Euros. It was romantic especally when Gondolier was singing and they were very friendly and nice people

Visited February 2013
Corona, California
20 attraction reviews
“Gondola ride was fun !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We took the Gondola ride while in Venice which I think is part of trademark for being in Venice. But if you do decide to take the Gondola ride, make sure to ask for the Gondola which has the singing Gondolier or has a singer on the boat to serenade you. Without the serenade in the Gondola, it is not as romantic as when you have the serenade from the singer or Gondolier.

Seattle, Washington
3 attraction reviews
“Skip Gondola for for the Reduced Water Taxi 1 hr trip via Hotels for Alternative Adventures”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I had my heart set on the obligatory 100E/25 minute Gondola ride in Venice because I couldn't afford to do it 20 years ago. Yet, when I saw the numerous boats, participants that were half-impressed, Gondoliers talking and texting on their cell phones while paddling, and the "It's a Small World" Disney ride of flotillas that were running through the various Venetian channels, I decided to skip it. I was worried I'd made a mistake, until we took our 30E/pp, 1 hour Water Taxi ride with 2 other couples. This trip took a slow ride through a few internal channels you're unlikely to see, then slowly down the Grand Canal. We drank Prosecco, enjoyed a better view, more comfortable experience and my husband sang to me...so it was well worth it! We spent the remaining "Gondola budget" on a 90 minute Vivaldi Chamber Music Concert in a church off of the Accademia...which was priceless. I'd also recommend the Musica a Palazzo, another stunning performance and intimate setting. We skipped the standard "sites" (churches, museums) as we'd had enough by the time we got to Venice. We simply got lost and saw a LOT, enjoyed walking and the music.

New York City, New York
110 attraction reviews
“HELLO HELLO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

A Gondola ride in Venice is a must event, the amazing Grand Canal viewed from the view point of the gondolier is amazing. The side canals are so peaceful and romantic that it is hard to believe that around the corner are crowds fit for a stadium. Yes it is expensive, but Italy is expensive if you want to save pennies stay home.

Visited August 2013