“Amazing Honeymoon Dinner” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ristorante Alle Corone

Ristorante Alle Corone
Campo della Fava 5527, 30122 Venice, Italy (Castello)
+390412410253
Neighborhood: Castello
Kihei, Hawaii
“Amazing Honeymoon Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Beautiful setting watching the gondoliers pass by. Very quiet, romantic and so delicious! Definitely one of the top 3 dinners of our entire stay in Italy!

Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
liverpool UK
“Good. But not great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We booked ahead of time to go here having read excellent reviews on trip advisor.

Let's start with the positives. The service was excellent they bent over backwards to help with our sons food allergy. And provided an excellent service all round.

The wine selection was great and very well priced. I got a Sicilian full bodied red.

The portions where huge. Found myself full by the time the main course come.

I ordered 'the flavours of Venice' to start this was a mixed seafood starter than wage a great plate of food. Had crab, anchovies, cod, octopus. A lovely balanced starter.

Next was a pasta course. Pasta and lamb meatballs. This dish was far too salty it overpowered the whole dish.

My main course was fillet steak. I asked for it medium rare. But ended up getting it blue. Was stone cold in the middle.

Ordered a tirimasu for dessert this was the best course and felt great having an authentic italian dessert in Venice.

Would have gone to one of the michelin starred restaurants had I planned further ahead. But they where all fully booked.

Olathe, Kansas, United States
“Best Meal in Venice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

First, we stayed at the Ai Reali and was shocked when we figured out the last day of our stay the restaurant was in our hotel! As our "last supper" we visited the room where we enjoyed our morning breakfast and the place was transformed into a beautiful dinner setting. We were given excellent guidance on a red wine and were invited to view the wine cellar which was cool. We loved our first plates which were the risotto and the octopus pasta. Our second courses were impeccable. I enjoyed the filet which was among the best ever which is saying a lot living in the land of KC Strips. My wife's fried fish selection was also wonderful. We bought desserts for the couple next to us so I can't comment on the desserts but they seemed to enjoy then. All in all, a fitting end to a great European vacation. If you want great food and outstanding service, you should put this place on your Venice list.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Belmont, California
“Great food in a great setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We had two dinners and three breakfasts in the Alle Corone and enjoyed them all. Little things for breakfast, such as good fruit choices and the availability of soy milk, showed how much the management cares. And when we said we'd like a different salad for the second dinner (we don't eat animal meat, which limits our choices), they gave us options that were not on the menu. We loved both of the fish entrees that we had for dinner, which were among the best that we had in two weeks in Italy.

Visited June 2014
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
“Beautiful place, superb food, wonderful service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I was lucky enough to be whisked off to Venice to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. I did lots of research on where to eat in Venice, and this restaraunt seemed to have good reviews, so decided to push to boat out and book to eat here one night. I have to say, so glad we did. Service was very efficient and friendly. The food was to die for. I had the gnocci for starters, which was huge!! I then chose the fillet of beef for my main, and can honestly say was one of the best dishes i've ever eaten. My hubby, who never eats pasta in a restaurant but decided it would be wrong not to in Venice, chose the pasta with meatballs, and was blown away by his dish too. Cheese and biscuits was lovely after the meal. Prosecco at 20 euros a bottle, which i thought was very reasonable for the standard of the place. Complimentary mini biscuits after our meal, and limoncello. I would not hesitate to recommend Alle Coronoe to anybody. if I am lucky enough to ever return to Venice, I will definitely book to eat here again.

• Visited June 2014