“Decent place with a real nice owner.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mucho Gusto Venezia

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Venice
Mucho Gusto Venezia
You added Mucho Gusto Venezia to your Saves list
San Marco, 2924, 30124 Venice, Italy (San Marco)   |
Ranked #288 of 433 Venice B&B and Inns
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Decent place with a real nice owner.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

It was initially a little difficult for us to locate this b&b. The Venician's Vaporetto had gone on strike and we were advised by the Vaporetto's counter lady to take the Vaporetto to Rialto Bridge stop which is a bad advise. It was quite a walk (with the luggage) to the b&b and doesnt help getting lost whilst trying to locate the same. Without the strike, our lives would have been so much easier, as there is Vaporetto stop close by (i.e. Accademia stop).

We were very pleased with service received from the owner of the b&b who patiently guided us (while we were lost) and allowed us to check in late. This truly made a difference to our crazy night in Venice.

As for the rooms, we got a twin bed room which was pretty basic. The room was clean and spacious enough for 2 persons with luggage. We had a sneak peak at the double bedroom and it looked real nice and cosy. Only wished there was a mirror in our room. Breakfast was provided by the b&b with the usual spread of juice, coffee and bread ( the pre-packaged ones). Fresh bread would have been nice. On the overall, if you're looking for a decent and value for money establishment in Venice (where rooms can be expensive), then this is good place be at.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Padua, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

For my second time in Venice I had very low expectation upon the hotel's condition after my first low-budget-experience.

I arrived in the city and got in contact with this sicilian girl that manages the place, thinking about getting in, dropping my back-pack and spending as much time as possible outside the b&b.

Incredibly, considering the pricing, the place was amazing. The interior was friendly ans welcoming, with a sweet living room allowing guests to rest, read or dine at their will. The bed, so comfortable, had nothing to envy from a 4stars hotel. The hoster explained to me that paying just a little extra fee I was allowed to use the kitchen to cook myself my own meals (which really is a money-saving thing in Venice, where a coffee costs up to 8 euro!!!).

She also showed me around a little, suggested me where to go, what to try and led me to discover truly tipical venecian places (she is a great guide!!)

Overall I loved the place! It's a great example that quality doesn't have to imply high budget 5 stars hiotels, but it can be found in the most unexpected modest bed and breakfast.

5/5 for price, position, welcoming atmosphere and room conditions

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mucho Gusto Venezia? Share your experiences!