“Absolutely Worth 5 Stars!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ai Reali

You added Hotel Ai Reali to your Saves list
Hotel Ai Reali
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Castello, Campo della Fava 5527, 30122 Venice, Italy (Castello)   |
Ranked #15 of 383 Hotels in Venice
Alamo, California
“Absolutely Worth 5 Stars!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I read the Tripadvisor reviews for hotels in Venice and was swayed by the ones written about the new Hotel Ai Reali. The last time I visited Venice I stayed at the most glamorous Gritti Palace with a view of the Grand Canal. Could not get much better than that. However, this time I was traveling with my 17 year old son so wanted something a little less grand. Well, I have to say, I may not have had a view of the Grand Canal but boy did I get "Grand!"

The Hotel AI Reali was absolutely beautiful (and about 1/3 of the price of the Gritti Palace). I booked a Junior Suite with a Canal view and was very impressed. The room was spacious, beautifully decorated with the most beautiful mosaic floors I have have seen in a hotel room. The hotel is "tucked away" but surprisingly close to all of the main attractions such as the Rialto Bridge and St. Marc's Square.

The breakfast area was lovely with a nice assortment of items to choose from. I loved the views of the canal as the restaurant is on the first floor (canal level) and watching the gondolas pass by as I enjoyed my morning breakfast.

The only things I can say that were lacking was a fitness center which I learned was opening up in April of 2013 (I missed it by a month) and the fact that you are charged 20 euros to use the jacuzzi (a surprise to us). Other than those two MINOR items I would highly recommend that you book this hotel because I am sure once the word gets out on this hotel that the rates are not going to be as reasonable.

Room Tip: I had a Junior Suite with a canal view (Room 208) and loved it!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

.. stars ? Believe me, I've been travelling in Italy (Napoles, Firenze and Roma) in hotels rated 5 stars but when I arrived at Reali (a birthday's surprise organized by my fiancee with the big help of Janni ) I really found out what ios the standard of a luxury 5 stars hotels! The room was absolutely gorgeous, overlooking a tiny canal with all the gondolas silently. the decors are elegant but not exagerated with soft colours. Breakfast and lunch were superb and all the personal in the restaurant very professional ,The touich of the champagne flutes and strawberry... no words!
We will be back very soon there will be another occasion to try again this fantastic (for me 5 stars)hotel!

Room Tip: ifantastic are the rooms on the canal on the secon floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

One of the best hotels I have ever experienced. The location is perfect in between of Rialto and San Marco. This should be a 5 stars hotel, I am sure it will be very soon. Since it is a very new hotel they might need to complete some of the required facilities (like a conference room for example) to get their 5th star. But they definitely deserve it already!
The staff is perfect. The rooms are superb clean, they visit the rooms multiple times a day to check if everything needs cleaning or be replaced. There are silverware and expensive plates with their hotel logo in the restaurant, luxury furniture and crystal chandeliers in your rooms. While the rooms are very stylish following the traditional venetian palazzo style they are very well equipped with all the high-techs you may need. Free wifi if you have your laptop with you or internet access via the big flatpanel TV.
There is a tube and a shower in the bathroom so two people can have a bath at the same time. The bathroom is even more luxurious!
Don't go anywhere else if they have a free room for you!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Hotel Ai Reali is a palace as you enter the hotel you see finest paintings on the wall the furniture & colour on the wall make you so calm it is very peaceful & delight place as well very clean, Hotel staff is very helpful and rooms very ample clean wash room, spa & sauna was very good all the facilities were best would like to visit Venice again and will stay in this beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: if you're going with your friends & want to get some good sleep take comfort room small but...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Somerset Tasmania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I AM TEMPTED TO JUST COPY THE GRACIOUS THINGS EVERYONE ELSE HAS SAID ABOUT THIS HOTEL. It is of the standard I expect of a hotel anywhere in the world. Cleanliness -spotless. Staff – polite and very natural. Meals – exceptional. Spa and associated facilities– everything you pay for is worth it! Take my word for it.
I am often a sole traveller with a limited budget but know when I am getting value for money and if I am, then I spend accordingly.
My stay here in mid March was an extravagant (for me) two nights and I look back and have nothing but praise for this hotel.
I dined in real style…why would you bother to look beyond the delightful hotel restaurant when the meals are comparably priced and so very good!
The bar was a congenial place. Quiet or noisy – fun or serious – as any good bar should be.
A separate TV room to compliment the one in your room.
The Reali Wellness spa kept me soothed and relaxed for hours. Arrive, pay your euro and stay…and stay. Copious drinks and fruit on hand. Towels, gowns, footwear provided.
My massage the next day was equally wonderful and all I expected.
To be in Venice is wonderful – to be in the Hotel Ai Reali is everything you could wish for at this fabulous destination.…I recall the peace and comfort in my room, day and night. I have a sleep disorder and could not believe I slept so soundly overnight in my darkened blissful room.
Isn’t this what a hotel should provide? Hotel Ai Reali do it superbly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

While just blocks from the Rialto Bridge and the Piazza San Marco, the hotel is a peaceful and beautiful oasis that represents the best of Venice. We booked the junior suite and the room we received far exceeded our expectations. It was literally a palace! The staff was attentive and terrific, everything was great. We ate in the hotel restaurant (Alle Cornone) and it was clearly a five star Venetian dining experience. Fabulous menu, great service, lovely ambiance. Highly recommend the hotel AND the restaurant.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I booked the hotel online for the wife's birthday after reading a few good reviews - no hardcore research but just chose on instinct. All expectations were surpassed. Location is amazing, as you are literally two minutes from Rialto bridge and the square.

The hotel is brand new (opened in dec 2012), and everything is pristine. The rooms are very luxurious. The staff were all really friendly and helpful. A nice touch was that they sent champagne and strawberries to our room on my wife's birthday. They also arranged a gondola pick up right from the hotel entrance.

Got to say that the hotel did everything to make our stay pleasant and they succeeded. I know that if we were to revisit Venice I have no doubt that I would stay here again. That I think is the best compliment you could give a hotel.

It's advertised as a four star hotel, and it depends on your personal expectation, but being well travelled, I would say it is at least a four star.

I also think that it will not be too long before this hotel gets so many good reviews and gains in popularity that it will always be fully booked and maybe the room prices will rise...so if you are thinking of going now book this hotel fast to take advantage of the VERY reasonable prices.

I give EVERYTHING about this hotel a 5 out of 5.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Hotel Ai Reali? Share your experiences!