“Nice choice for casual meal on Giudecca” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Trattoria & Pizzeria Do Mori

Trattoria & Pizzeria Do Mori
Giudecca 588, 30133 Venice, Italy (Giudecca)
+39 041 522 5452
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Giudecca
Oklahoma
“Nice choice for casual meal on Giudecca”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Very easy to get a table, comfortable atmosphere, and genuinely nice serving staff. Wide selection of pizzas and other offerings. They were willing to make a to go order for us and we found that a pleasant surprise.

• Visited May 2014

Sunnyvale, California
“Needs better ventilation”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Went here during out trip in Venice on April 24, 2014. This place was so hot & stuffy inside (we had to sit inside due to our large party or else we would have sat outside). It made the experience very unpleasant. The food was ok, not the best I have had especially since we were in Italy. It was just ok. Overpriced for what we received, but since it was recommended by the Hilton, we decided to try it. We ordered 2 pizza's (their specialty and a prosciutto pizza), the sea bass, gnocchi with crab, spaghetti bolognese. Wouldn't go back at all. Rather go to one of the restaurants that was closer to the HIlton that looked busier than this place.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
York, United Kingdom
“Superb. Good Value for Money Also.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

We recently visited Venice for a four day break staying at the Molino Stucky Hilton. During the course of the stay we visited four restaurants located on Giudecca island, namely the Trattoria Al Cacciatori, Trattoria & Pizzaria Do Mori, Bar Cafeteria La Palanca and Ostaria Ae Botti. I rate theses restaurants in the order of recording and will review each one under their own individual listing.
This restaurant serves as both a trattoria and pizzeria and is therefore not appointed as classically as Al Caciatori and presents a more informal dining experience. The food however is of the highest of standards and having seen the pizzas being offered to other diners we also decided to try the pizza chef’s skills which were clearly on view. Before this visit I would have questioned any suggested differential between various pizzas but I am now firmly of the opinion that the Italian version takes some beating. A variety of fish dishes are also offered by this restaurant and I tried a mixed fish ribbon pasta entrée which was the best pasta dish that I have had for some considerable time. The house carafe wine whilst being unremarkable was perfectly drinkable. The overall cost of five courses including pre-dinner drinks at this establishment came to €62.50 and again excluded any service charge. I found this to be a thoroughly enjoyable restaurant with good quality and valued food with a very warm atmosphere. I have hesitation in recommending this restaurant to readers.

• Visited March 2014
South Salem, New York
“Good option close to the Hilton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I ate here with my teenage son three times during our recent stay in at the Hilton just down the street. This is very comfortable restaurant / pizzeria. The food and service was good and the prices that are not expensive. House wine served by the carafe is very reasonable. If you are looking for a pleasant place to eat on Giudecca this is an excellent choice.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
York, United Kingdom
“Good food, homely atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014