“The duck was fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #815 of 1,194 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Steakhouse
“The duck was fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We visited Lido for several days and ate here three times. Every visit was fantastic. The food was excellent and the service great. Kid friendly as well.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Rome, Italy
“Dirty cups, barman with bad attitude, & unclear pricing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The bar is called Giardinetto and it seems it's the part of the hotel upstairs. Since it's close to the station, we had coffee there 3 times.

The first time, we asked for espresso to go. The second time, we bought 2 cappuccino for 3 Euro and brought them outside to sit at the table, no problem. The third time, I asked for the same thing. The young barman who clearly looked bored nodded, turned to the coffee machine and then asked me if I wanted one cappuccino. I repeat my order, a bit louder this time, and paid 2.60 Euro.

I noticed that the cup he served the coffee in still had lipsticks marks on it. Mentioned it to the barman and he apologized, but clearly not amused. When I was about to bring the new drinks to the outside table, just like the day before, he asked me if I'd be drinking them outside. Said yes. Then he says I have to pay extra to sit outside. Asked him how much and he says 2.50. Told him that we paid 3 Euro yesterday. He then said (in a condescending way) that it was CLEARLY stated in the menu, which is nowhere to be found. We decided to drink them inside and I finally found the pricing card behind the rack of tourist information. Most of the bar/restaurants have them posted somewhere visible, but I suppose at this bar, you have to find them.

Most of the Venezians that we encountered were really nice.. But since the bar is at the excellent location and the tourist would come no matter what, I suppose they feel like they can treat the tourist however way they please. I wouldn't go there again if I could help it though.

Rome, Italy
“Unpleasant experience at the bar: Dirty cups, barman with bad attitude, & unclear pricing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012