“Unusual flavours” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Ice Cream
London, United Kingdom
“Unusual flavours”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We chanced upon this gelateria while walking around the city . I tried the Erik flavour which I had never heard of in my life ......... looked somewhat like amarena ( cherry ) with other things in it , and my boldness paid off as it was excellent. It did have cherries but also some nuts in it and tasted great - the mix of amarena and nuts was actually rather clever. My wife had the fig and walnut flavour - it is not often you find figs in ice cream in gelaterias in italy and this was an excellent discovery too..... I had to control the temptation to have another scoop of this once I had taken a taster from my wife's cup. There are many other choices too , and some are two euros a scoop rather than the standard one and a half euros - worth a try for sure.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London
“Yikes!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

A gelato from, this place gave me the worst ice cream experience of my life ... I found something in mine that wasn't edible ... When I told the guy who gave it to me, who was training ..., he suggested perhaps I put it there!!! Who on earth would even think of doing that! Puzzling!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dresden, Germany
“Brilliant gelato for celiacs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Gelataria Grom has a couple of locations on the Venice islands. We went there twice on our trip, and I tried both the nougat and caramel gelati. Both were amazing and mouthwatering! The main menu states that as long as the gelati does not contain a wheat symbol on the flavour name tag, the gelato is gluten-free. Gelataria Grom has gone through training and a certification system to be able to say that their gelati is gluten-free. So is safe for us celiacs!

Definately try some!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Aviano
“Expensive but worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have had ice cream twice at Grom. First time I had salted caramel which was "to die for" plus a scoop of ice cream with GROM biscuits (I would skip that one, too sweet). On my way another time to get more gelato, I was intercepted by a Venetian who encouraged me to go to his favorite gelateria; I appreciated the recommendation but not the gelato at that shop. My second time at Grom, I had cassata siciliana which was fantastic, while my son had Vaniglia (delicious), and my husband pistachio (not my favorite). My husband thought the ice cream was overpriced, but i thought it was high quality product.

Visited November 2012
Long Beach, California
“Get the pear”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

it was the best flavor we had our entire trip!! My husband had a caramel that he also really enjoyed. The service was quick and very friendly.

Visited September 2012