“Great staff, but noisy” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Alloggi Henry

Save Saved
You added Alloggi Henry to your Saves list
Alloggi Henry
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   Rio Tera Farsetti - Calle Ormesini 1506/E | Cannarigio, 30121 Venice, Italy (Cannaregio)   |
Ranked #237 of 417 Venice B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great staff, but noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at hotel henry for 2 nights. The staff is very nice, very helpful. It is close to all the main attractions: piazza san marco, train station, rialto bridge.
The hotel is located in a side street, near the main avenue, not easy to find so make sure to google it and print the detailed map.
We had a quadruple room , the room was clean but one of the bed had a mattress that should have been retired long ago. Our room which was next to the reception was not insulated at all so we heard everything. People talking in court yard, coming or leaving ,so very noisy for us.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The staff at the reception were very friendly, even though we arrived around 8pm for checkin. The room we had for the first night which was cheaper was spacious, huge clean bathroom. The room we had for the second night which was more expensive, was smaller ac was very noisy. However was very clean. Beware of the mosquitos!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Let me qualify my review first, by saying that I have traveled extensively for years internationally and we have a home in the US and in Europe, so we are not first timers, staying in Euro hotels, nor am I just an angry, demanding customer. Our reservation was for 150.00 us dollars per night for two nights in May. For that cost, our room was on the ground floor right next to the reception desk. And for that, the room had a small window near the ceiling, which faced out to a wall I think, though I could not really see out the window it was so high and a room and bathroom which smelled of mold and sewer. Okay, for $50.00 per night, my expectations would have been much lower and my disappointment in the room, minimal. I still would not have stayed in the room.
On the Hotel’s website, there are some nice looking photos. Our room looked nothing like them though, except that there was a bed and a sink, for sure.
So when we finally found the hotel that afternoon, sloshing our way around the flooded streets, the very famous Henry, who in my opinion is nothing but a hustler, shoved a printed copy of my email, confirming our reservation and ordered me to sign it. At the time, I was thinking, this is strange…no standard hotel receipt, and or contract?? But I signed. Should have seen the room first. Once in the room, I looked at my wife who had the biggest “deer in the headlights look” I’ve ever seen and then let me know that there was no way we were going to sleep in this room or step foot in the bathroom. So when we told henry that we could not stay in this room he became angry and said that he would charge our card anyway for the room, because we agreed to the charges in that email. It apparently did not matter that we were not happy with the room. He could have offered us another room, perhaps, or some accommodation, but no…instead he yelled and threatened us. A young American was sitting in the one chair in the reception, on his computer, apparently because the advertised free internet only works in the lobby, started joking and laughing with us as we were walking out of the hotel, about the rooms…Henry then started yelling at him too, that he was not to speak to the customers and that he should be quite. Amazing! We ended up staying in another hotel right on the Grand Canal for $170 U.S., which was very nice, had wireless internet in the room and the rate included a big continental breakfast.
When we arrived home to the US, we noticed that hotel Henry charged us indeed for the room we never stayed in. I wrote to the hotel owner about our experience, giving them a chance to make things right, and this is the response I was given:
“dear customer to inform you that we have passed to our legal practice as defamation and offenses are a crime in Italy.
also wish to inform you that our rooms meet the standard of square footage required in a city like Venice as well as windows.
for the rest of the day to inform you that high water was exceptional given the period.
know how to live it is only a matter of intelligence and understanding to the unexpected time for us inhabitants.

regards
henry hotel Venzia
baradel manola”
So because I was unhappy with their hotel and told them I would be posting negative reviews, they threatened me with defamation as being a crime in Italy?? This must be some kind of record for the worst customer service, ever. Again, she could have offered apologies or some kind of reconciliation and I probably would have been fine. But of course, no.
Moral of this story – They don’t care about happy customers, especially when they are just tourists who will only be there once and never see them again. As long as they get their money.
It is curious to me that a number of reviewers give this hotel 4 stars, yet complain about similar issues – the moldy smell, the small worn out rooms, the sketchy service, etc. My recommendation is that, if you pay $50.00 per night, this place could be okay, otherwise, run away from it as fast as you can. I also suggest Ms. Manola pay more attention to customer service. And Rick Steves needs to revisit his hotel lists every once in a while.

Room Tip: If you are really going to stay her, I only saw the one room, and based on that and other's comm...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I received an email asking for our arrival and I emailed the hotel back. When we arrived we were informed they cancelled the reservation, which was frustrating but at that point they had the emergency room available which was two twin beds and a bathroom down the hall. We were grateful to still have that option. They were a very friendly staff and took care of us. Clean and good location and very great price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Innsbruck, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Place was available, clean and cheap (price compared to all other places around), which made it perfect for what we needed. The place was small, the closets/dressers smelled so much like mold we did not use them, and there was at least one mosquito buzzing around the whole night, which are things we could have gone without. Staff was nice and location was good. All in all, would stay in this place again in the future. Price in Venice was a value and you get what you pay for. No ammenities availabe (only a coin operated coffee machine at the reception and internet did not reach our room, although it was free so no complains there--just need to be at the reception to use it).

Room Tip: Do not expect anything out of this world. It is clean, inexpensive and great as a point of departur...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

A great location, far enough from the train station that its not walls of people but close enough that you can walk here realatively easily and quickly. Only complaint was the comforter had some stains near our feet but the sheets were clean and so was everything else. The staff was unbelievably nice, especially Henry who did everything he could to make our stay in Venice a great one, even if his english wasn't the greatest. They appreciate an email when you book telling them what time you will arrive so they can make sure someone is here to greet you when you arrive.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Good and cheap. 180 for four nights. Just a bit noisy in the late morming. It is difficult to sleep after 10 am. But we were very close to the reception. Thin doors. By the way very good hospitality and inside venice. Five minutes by walk from the train station where you can also catch the vaporetto. Nothing to ask more.

Been to Alloggi Henry? Share your experiences!