“Great food and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bacaromi

Bacaromi
Giudecca 810, 30133 Venice, Italy (Giudecca)
+39 041 272 3311
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #59 of 1,204 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Giudecca
Description: The perfect place to savour authentic Venetian cuisine, such as the classic "Cicchetti", and a glass of local wine, while you relax in the informal atmosphere. Completely renovated, the elegance of your dining surroundings is matched by spectacular views of the Giudecca Canal.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Super convenient for people staying at the Hilton Molino Stuky; but for the rest it will require a trip to Guidecca island. Although the restaurant is within a small space with limited setting, I would recommend a visit. Great italian food with interesting daily specials. Try it!

Visited September 2013

Reading
“Pricey!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We decided to try it based on its fairly meteoric rise within TA. I note that there have been some more tempered reviews of late and mine will probably be more akin to those.

Bacaromi is a fairly small restaurant within the barn of a hotel that is the Molino Stucky. It shares the area on the waterside with the Aromi restaurant but it’s the poor relation without linen tablecloths. I suppose I was expecting more of a bistro approach with associated prices but was a bit staggered by the prices on the menu. I normally research websites in advance to get an idea of price range but the Hilton website does not include a menu.

The absence of linen did not preclude a coperto of €3 each although I have to admit that there was an excellent selection of breads. We ordered a small plate of mixed cicchetti (€16) to start and were brought a single plate. It was only when we got the bill that I realised that they had put a double portion on the one plate and accordingly charged us double (rather than the single which we had intended to share). In the end I didn’t quibble because we actually enjoyed the cicchetti very much. The mains of entrecote with potato and veg were nothing special apart from the price of €32. Bottled water was €6.

Wine was expensive pretty much starting at €40 upwards and the wine ritual was weird – having made my selection I was presented with a glass of wine to taste – had they opened my bottle behind the scenes? No, this was a glass from the bar – fine – but they then proceeded to open my bottle but not wait for me to check that it was okay!

Bill came to €150 for the two courses with wine and water. Definitely will not return.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Poor”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Flavorless and overpriced. Poor service. Pompous attitudes from wait-staff. Charged for complimentary bread on table. Would not eat again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
North Carolina Smoky Mountains, North Carolina
“Very accommodating staff and good food, but probably not "the best in all of Venice".”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Perhaps some of the reviews on here are the result of a "snowball effect"? The menu and wine selections were a good value to our party, but the evening's price was significantly raised by the cost of transport from/to the cruise terminal.
If you are staying in the hotel, this restaurant is certainly a nice option -- but in order to be seated during normal dinner hours, transportation arrangements can become either complex or expensive due to the cost of water taxis. It would be wise research the transportation and be very specific about the times of operation when doing so.
The wait staff were excellent -- attentive and friendly.
Food preparation was very good -- but as others have noted, the presentations were not really worthy of 5-star ratings.
We would certainly return to this restaurant but felt that a word of caution to the itinerant visitor was in order.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Not for romantic's”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Booked 3 days before going for romantic meal for wifes 40th birthday so was horrified to be seated on communal school dinner type table elbow to elbow between 10 other French and German guests. NOT ROMANTIC. Uncomfortable seats. Paper table mats (think McDonalds). £45 bottle wine was nice but had to serve ourselves as never topped up whole evening. Waited 30 min to have order taken - without wine! and waited 60 min for food. very limited menu choice. Non existent service by limited waiters who were actually argumentative. One ginger chap refused to take away the starter plates and only did after argument - NOT ROMANTIC. Food quality was very questionable - I'd say rubbish. Rounded off by me stating we weren't happy and requested reduction in bill of 30%. Didn't happen on bill so gave them £80 not £120..then had waiter chase after us saying we hadn't paid in full - followed by argument with Manager who accepted service was not acceptable.. NOT ROMANTIC. Overall VERY DISAPOINTED. BTW we were staying as guests of the Hilton Hotel so had expected a lot lot more. Take my advice stay in venice and go to any local restaurant down the back streets like we did the next night...you will enjoy it a whole lot more.....

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere