“Very good value for money and in a great area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Fenice

You added Casa Fenice to your Saves list
Casa Fenice
2.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   San Marco, 3701 | Rio Terà degli Assassini, 30124 Venice, Italy (San Marco)   |
Ranked #153 of 439 Venice B&B and Inns
Newport, Wales, UK
“Very good value for money and in a great area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

Hi all,

Stayed here with my partner at the time in February 2008.

Checked hotel via Expedia and then booked via their website direct. Found them to be very friendly from the enquiry, to the arrival and the departure.

Stayed for 5 nights and found the value to be very good. As I am from South Wales, booked flights from Bristol using Easyjet - again very cheap.

I must admit, I am not very good with navigation hence we got lost when we arrived but with a little help from another Welsh couple, found it down a small street as per the website's map, only 5 minutes from St. Mark's Square. Apparently, everyone gets lost on their first time to Venice.....

The room and service was top notch, a continental breakfast was delivered to the room every morning and a full range of maps and pointers were given to us by the hotel staff. Lovely location and nice clean rooms.

I have already recommended this to a friend who is coming over in August, clearly very impressed with the hotel from the website and I've said that he will not be let down by the quality, location or service of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Middlesbrough,UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2009

We stayed here for 3 nights in March

The hotel is located on a quiet street about 5 mins walk from St.Marks Square and 5 mins walk from Rialto Bridge. If your searching for this hotel when you arrive in Venice then the one thing I would say is take the buidling number as its not really well sign posted outside, just a small brass plaque on the door, with the name and thats easily missed.

Our room was nice and clean and although the decor might not be to everyone's taste its all very clean and features a TV and Fridge. I'm not not sure about the other rooms but I think anyone from the USA might find them a little on the small side.

The owner was very helpful and offered advice on what to see and do, she also served a very nice Italian Style Breakfast (served in your room) each morning.

Overall our stay was very comfortable, my only complaint would be noise from other guests. Our first night everything was very quiet and we had a great nights sleep, but (and this is no fault of the hotels) on our second night a couple checked into the room next to ours and you could hear them talk and use the bathroom which was distrubing! I think this is to be expected though when an old buidling has been converted into a hotel.

I think if your looking at staying in Venice on a bit of a budget and want a good location then this is a great choice.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2009

I spent 4 nights in this hotel with my partner and we stayed in the Zefiro room. The best way to the hotel is to take the waterbus from Marco Polo airport and then walk from San Marco, it costs around 13 euros each and was a pretty easy journey although a bit long (1 hour 40 min on the boat). We arrived around lunchtime and received a friendly reception from staff. Our room was really nice, good size, bright and really clean. We had a small bathroom with shower and hairdryer and had clean towels daily. The room had a TV, safe and mini bar and was cleaned daily. Breakfast was served in the room each morning at a time of our choice and consisted of breads, jams, biscuits, cakes, tea or coffee and fruit juice (all very sweet and sugary).

The location of the hotel was brilliant, central to all the surrounding towns and squares. There were shops and cafes around every corner and many different restaurants within feet of each other. There was plenty of choice at lunchtime, as there were sandwiches and pizzas galore, best to take them away to eat as each time you sit at a table in Venice you are charged 3 euros for the privalidge. The frittas must be tasted as they are lovely.

Venice itself is beautiful and we were there during the Festival of the Mask. There was so much going on in San Marco Square and so many different people in wonderful costumes. Everybody is very friendly although when shopping its everyman for themselves.

There is no shortage of Gondolas, while in Venice its a must but very pricey, ranging from 60 euros for 25 minutes although they will always tell you you are getting a 'special price'. To eat out is very expensive as there is a service charge added to the bill and also you're charged to sit at the table so take plenty of money. There is a great little bar in Campo San Luca where in the evening there are live bands playing and the locals are out dancing and having a great time. Try the local drink, Spritz, it's white wine, campari and water......it's deadly, lush and only 2 euros!!!!!!!

We had a great time there is so much to see and you can spend the whole day walking around and never see the same thing twice. There are so many roads to explore and so many sites to see. Doges palace is a must, as is a trip up the Campanile as the views from the top are spectacular.

The only fault that we had with our hotel was that there was a restuarant just along from our bedroom window. The music was really loud and the diners of the restuarant were the same. It began around 11pm and continued to 3am most nights during our stay. The other rooms in the hotel backed onto the side street of the hotel and a little courtyard so appeared unaffected. All being said we would return again as we had a brilliant time.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Moscow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2009

Charming Elisabetta and all people who are working in the hotel. Good location, good breakfast served in the room and very nice rooms. I loved this hotel.

• Liked — all
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
West Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2009

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for our honeymoon in August 2007. We had a fantastic time and this hotel was perfect. We stayed in the Casanova suite with its romantic canopied bed and enjoyed the breakfast brought to us every morning by Madame. Madame was always cheerful and willing to offer advice.
This hotel is also very close to all the main attractions and even has a small traditional restaurant opposite. Although it was initially hard to find, we adored the tranquilty of this small hotel and would recommend it whole heartedly.

• Liked — Quirky bedrooms and friendly service
  • Disliked — Hard to find, but worth it in the end.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

My friend and I found this place online and booked everything via email. The manager/owner was very accomodating and even talked to us on her cell phone when we got lost coming into town at 11:00 at night!! The place was in a great location, was very clean and the breakfast in the room was fantastic! Next time I go to Venice, I will absolutely stay here!! :)

Stayed July 2007
Dothan, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2007

This is a little B&B on the 'happening' island in Venice. We were within a reasonable distance to San Marco Square (20 minutes), but the water bus is available and that's about 15 minutes to San Marco. Several restaurants are within an easy short walk.
Our room was small but very clean.
The first night the airconditioning wasn't on and Elizabetta (the manager) told us that Venice did NOT allow her to run it yet because it was too early in the year. The room was very hot and the masquitos were in force!!! The next day, after much insistance, she gave me the remote control and told me not to tell anyone she had allowed us to use the air conditioning. We checked with some other hotels about the airconditioning...they had no idea what we were talking about....their's was on!!! (I should not have had to go through all of this on my vacation paying these rates????)
The morning we left, we left at 0700. Elizabetta told us that was too early for breakfast and therefore we wouldn't get any and didn't.
This place is a hassle (too many problems)...I don't recommend it nor will I go back to it. You have to be very careful with B&B's...reviews mean everything!!!!!

• Liked — It was clean and locale
  • Disliked — No airconditioning the first night....NONE!!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Casa Fenice? Share your experiences!