“Fantastic place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Charming House DD724

You added Charming House DD724 to your Saves list
Charming House DD724
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Dorsoduro 724, 30123 Venice, Italy (Dorsoduro / Accademia)   |
Special Offer
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #11 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Fantastic place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

This side of Venice is quiet from the chaos of the rest of Venice, and so is Charming House. It is the place to go to relax. There are only a small amount of rooms so not busy like major hotels. The staff are very nice and want to help. They go out of their way. This starts the minute you check in, again in the morning with serving breakfast, to helping you find places to see in Venice.
The rooms are very clean, comfortable and had a fantastic rest.
We would definitely come back again.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Wonderful helpful staff, stylish rooms with every detail thought about. Great location with easy walking to all the sights yet in a peaceful area. Fantastic breakfast with home-made and organic ingredients - which can be served in your room for a special treat.

Room Tip: Room G has a tiny balcony upon which you can have breakfast
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

DD724, Proprietario at Charming House DD724, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Guest,

I would like to personally thank you along with my entire DD724 staff on your beautiful review about us. For me, after a long hard work day by day, receiving those wonderful words from your review, gave me the strength and courage to continue my mission and to try with all my best to improve the thousand details of my Charming house every day in order to offer to all my guests the Charming hospitality.

Best regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Excellent helpful staff in a cosy and homey hotel that makes you feel you are staying in a big house with your family.
The breakfast was really good and it was cooked in a kitchen were you feel you are cooking it at home.
Great location as well!

Dear Salah,
So nice to hear from you!! Thank you so much for your comment and good words!
You pointed out so many things you appreciated while stayling with us. Thank you for sharing this also with other travellers and all staff of Charming house DD724.

Hope see you next time in the near future,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The hotel is beautiful, in a good location and the staff is extremely helpful! They have helped us with restaurant reservations, booking táxis, and even an early breakfast! I will stay there everytime I go to Venice!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Ana,
Thank you for your comment full with positive emotions! We are happy that you enjoyed not only us - Charming House DD724, but also our location, breakfast and service! Your positive feedback gives us an extra energy to develop!
Sending to you our warmest greetings and come back soon!

Best wishes,
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I came to visit my family for Easter and I spent one night in this beautiful boutique hotel with my brother.
I choosed this hotel after reading amazing reviews on tripadvisor and I must say, I was very happy because they are really authentic.
The location is super, the staff is super as well as the view from my charming room, room B. I will be back !

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
DD724, Proprietario at Charming House DD724, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear guest,
we thank you for your review and for choosing Charming House DD724 to spend your Easter holiday with the family. It was a pleasure to meet all of you and we are gald that you appreciaterd the spacious and light charming room B with an amazing view on the canal. We waiti to welcome you back soon.
Best regards
Chiara B.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our stay at Charming House DD724 was incredible. The rooms were beautifully appointed in simple, modern decor. The location is spectacular, a quiet respite from the tourists that pour through Venice.
I can't say enough about the staff. Irene was absolutely wonderful, taking great care of us during our stay and providing great food recommendations. The breakfast in the morning was simple/delicious and a perfectly calm way to start the day.

Close to a vaparetto stop, i highly recommend this hotel for anyone who appreciates Venice for the wonderful sights but wants an escape from the crazy tourism that floods the city. We will definitely be back for our next visit.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Andrea,
we thank you so much for your review. It was a real pleasure to meet and welcome you and your sister and we are glad that you could appreciate the style, the location and the attention that we put in every single detail.
Lookinf forward to meeting you soon again we send
best regards
Chiara B.
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I wanted to stay in a hotel in Venice with a canal view of some sort. I looked at lots of hotels and they were incredibly expensive - to the point of obscene - and the pictures showed most of the rooms to be quite chintzy with lots of busy patterns. Now I know you go to Venice to see all the Byzantine architecture etc but I think I wanted some modern comforts with bright rooms and not too much dark furniture. Charming House gave me all that which is why I booked it. I have very fond memories of coming to the Dorsoduro before for a meal. It is a great location, by the Accademia bridge and gallery. The neighbourhood is quiet but stylish and unassuming. There are good restaurants within walking distance. The Charming House hotel is modern and stylish. The rooms are well kitted out and the beds comfortable. The breakfast is fab - fruit and pastries plus cooked bacon and eggs. The staff in the Charming House Hotel are absolutely lovely as nothing is too much trouble and they are more than happy to accommodate your plans / wishes if they can. But why I say they do not know what they have is because when we arrived and were shown to our room it did not have a canal view which i had asked for. They had one room left in the hotel and that was room M which is in effect an apartment away from the main house, that is large and has a view from its windows of a little side canal. This was room M - which has been recommended by other travellers and which they had left unfilled. At that point we did not want to have to drag our bags the distance from the main house to Room M but would have otherwise loved to have stayed there. Either they are advertising or allocating their rooms wrong but if we had been shown that room first we would have jumped at it. As it was we waited a day and were given a canal view room in the main house (Room B). I very much liked this hotel. I think I would stay here again but as we have been to Venice several times I would be confident and happy to have a room away from the main house and to feel as though for a short time I lived there.

Room Tip: Canal views seemed to be Rooms B and M
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Charming House DD724? Share your experiences!