Stayed here before boarding a cruise from Venice. We were aware of many of the less than favourable reviews regarding this hotel but, don't be put off it is fine if all you want is a mid range chain hotel. It is most definitely not as good as other Novotel's but it is clean and the rooms are of a good standard. We had two inter connecting rooms on the top floor which was ideal for us as family with teenage children. We walked to the nearby pizzeria which was about 15 minutes away and was ideal for our needs. The following night we walked into Mestra town centre and to be honest it was good to see but we wouldn't bother again. On the downside the pool area has very few sun beds and when it gets congested late afternoon it does become an issue. Equally the bar prices at the hotel we felt were a little over the top, you expect to pay a little more for a hotel and especially in Venice but take a trip to Lidle and put a few beers in the fridge in your room, 7 euros for a local beer is unnecessary. This hotel has the potential to capture the audience provided by the cruise ships as Venice is very accessible without paying Venice hotel prices. On another note we ventured into Venice prior to our cruise ship departing and unfortunately missed the last people mover at 11pm so took a taxi to the cruise terminal. For those who know Venice will understand how close the two areas are, we were told by the very "obliging" taxi driver "20 euros standard charge" we had
plenty of time to return to the ship but didn't feel comfortable walking but on this occasion were completely ripped off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Venezia Mestre is a modern 4 star hotel with 215 rooms, strategically located only 2 km from Venezia Mestre railway station, 7 km from the centre of Venice and 10 km from the airport. Ideal for business trips, it offers a Convention Centre with 6 meeting rooms (250 guests), business corner and WiFi access. To discover Venice, take the scheduled hotel shuttle service to Piazzale Roma. Also features rooms for 2 adults and 2 children, NovotelCafé restaurant, outdoor pool, garden and parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Venere, Travelocity, ACCOR, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Novotel Venezia Mestre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Venezia Mestre Hotel Venice
- Novotel Hotel Venice
- Novotel Hotel Venezia Mestre
- Novotel Mestre
- Mestre Novotel