“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Antiche Figure

Save Saved
You added Hotel Antiche Figure to your Saves list
Hotel Antiche Figure
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Santa Croce, 687 | Fondamenta S. Simeon Piccolo, 30135 Venice, Italy (San Croce)   |
Offers & Announcements
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #7 of 382 hotels in Venice
Townsville, Australia
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Our family of 2 adults and a 15 year old child stayed at the Hotel Antiche Figure for 2 nights on the 10th & 11th July. We had arrived by cruise ship on the 9th and my husband went to find the hotel so we could easily get to it on the 10th. He was greeted by Francesca and even though we weren't checking in until the next day, she was extremely helpful. Upon checking in, Francesca offered to upgrade us to a family suite, as she noticed that our son was 6 foot, and thought we would be more comfortable in a larger room. This room is not in the hotel building, but down a side street. This didn't bother us at all and it was nice and quiet not being on the Grand Canal. The hotel is in a great location, close to gondolas, water taxis, railway station, water buses, restaurants etc. The staff were amazing, and I must mention not only Francesca, but also Anka and Ramon. Anka suggested 2 great restaurants for dinner which were good value and not too touristy. All in all, a fabulous place to stay where the staff can't do enough to help you. Next time we visit Venice, this is where we'll stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

2,326 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stayed at this Hotel prior to our 12 day Cruise. This is a very nice hotel with fairly large rooms for a European hotel. Very nice bathrooms and an adequate breakfast buffet. The buffet is located in two rooms so some guests were a bit confused on where to find the fruit and pasteries. Overall guest services are very good.
A couple of issues I would like to point out. We booked this hotel on line directly through the hotel website. Upon arriving, we were told we had booked a standard room but would be upgraded to a Superior room located in another hotel they own about a block away. Well I had kept my on line receipt that said I had booked a Superior room. They continued to want to move me to a hotel about a block away. I stood my ground and said I wanted a Superior room at the Antiche Figure. Magically my room materialized. The other hotel does not overlook the Grand Canal. I feel this was an attempt to bait and switch.
The second issue is the directions are a bit confusing. The website says go to the grand canal and proceed right to a green bridge. Cross two bridges and you will arrive. Well the first part is correct but once over the green bridge, you need to make a left and once over the second bridge you are a block or two away on the right. We saw two other couples later in the day lost and helped they find their way.

Overall, this is a very nice hotel with a helpful staff but I could not in good conscience give it a higher rating because of the attempt to move us to a second hotel, especially when rooms were available.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kernville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

After a long trip from the USA, the staff greeted us with open arms. We thought we were going to have to wait for several hours for our room but instead were told that we could occupy it immediately. It was music to our ears!! Thank you for a great stay, wonderful view of Grand Canal and tasty buffet in the morning. The staff also directed us to a great restaurant off the beaten path that was fantastic! We would stay here again!!

Room Tip: Pay the upgrade to view the canal. It was well worth the extra expense.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here from 8/12-8/15, smack in the middle of our two week honeymoon. This hotel is an absolute gem! The customer service was beyond helpful, quite possibly the best service I've had anywhere at a hotel. They go above and beyond for their guests and we definitely felt the love! Upon arrival, the nice young woman brought us to our room, insisted on taking both of my bags for me, and gave us the options of two different rooms, which was very nice. On to the rooms, they were beautifully decorated, great size (for Europe), cold AC, completely updated bathrooms and spotless clean! So clean, I took a bath... this is a first for me as I NEVER take a bath in a hotel. The location is a distance away from St Marks Square but very close to the train, and bus stop... this location proved to be PERFECT!!!! A good distance from the madness of tourism. The breakfast is good, but minimal. Fruit, bread, hard boiled eggs etc. Complimentary cappuccinos, and espresso which is a pleasure. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel, its impossible to be let down. Super friendly people here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is directly across the Grand Canal from the train station. Upon arrival, we walked over the bridge (with the help of a luggage porter) and were greeted by the nicest staff. Our rooms were clean, comfortable, and air conditioned, with plenty of room for my family of 3. Their restaurant recommendations were perfect. We were offered a free tour of a Murano factory with glass blowing demonstration. There was also a free breakfast buffet. We were rushing out in the morning and didn't have time to eat. The staff literally put food in our hands to take with us-it was so nice-fresh fruit, pastries, etc. Our stay was too short, and if we come back to Venice, will stay here again!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel based on trip advisor reviews and location and it was perfect. We caught the train from Rome to Venice Santa Lucia station and it was a 5 min walk over the bridge to the hotel. The staff were fantastic and some of the most helpful and friendliest have come across a big thanks to the lovely ladies on reception. Room was gorgeous and my sister and I had booked a twin but when we got there we had been upgraded to a junior suite what a lovely surprise. Breakfast was simple but adequate I would rate higher than 3 star.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was our first trip and the hotel is really excellent to stay and opposite to Ferravio station . The location is ideal to visit all the important sight seeing places in Venice. The welcome was excellent and bed were really comfortable, clean and fresh. I would really recommend who ever is planning to go to Venice

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Antiche Figure? Share your experiences!