“Living a dream...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Antiche Figure

You added Hotel Antiche Figure to your Saves list
Hotel Antiche Figure
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Santa Croce, 687 | Fondamenta S. Simeon Piccolo, 30135 Venice, Italy (Santa Croce)   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #9 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Certificate of Excellence 2014
boulder, colorado
“Living a dream...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have always dreamed of seeing Venice, and as a senior citizen I was finally able to experience that exhilarating and thrilling moment of stepping from the train and walking a few steps...and catching my breath as I had my first view of the Grand Canal. What a moment! As I took in the view I spotted the hotel where I had made reservations, The Hotel Antiche Figure, across the Canal. How wonderful to see it right there! No wandering through the streets or taking expensive boat rides. All I had to do was walk across the bridge! The hotel is old and lovely and the staff extremely friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. My room was comfortable and beautifully furnished. The bathroom included a tub, which I especially enjoyed after a lengthy train trips to Venice. My room also had a view of the Canal. I arrived early, but they checked me in right away. They gave me a map and some pointers about how to walk to the most interesting attractions. I walked and walked, and got lost more than once and loved every second of it! Every little twist and turn of the magnificent city offers something or someone of interest. You can walk to st. Mark's Square in about 15 to 20 minutes, but rather than going directly there (with its multitude of tourists) I suggest taking your time and seeing the smaller churches and shops on the way. I took a taxi from St. Mark's Square back to my room after a perfect afternoon. I listened to the night sounds on the Canal...just boat sounds...so different from the sounds of a big city. The next morning I went down for breakfast, and what a breakfast it is! An enormous spread is made available in two rooms with selections of cheese, meat, bread, fruit, cereal and yummy cakes. After checkout I was able to simply cross the bridge again and return to the train station for my trip to Florence. I only had one night in Venice, but it was a perfect visit...enhanced greatly by this marvelous hotel and the location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hythe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have to totally agree with the other recent reviews, however, whereas others appear to have been offered an upgrade to their rooms for 30 Euros we had to pay 35 Euros per night - we therefore suggest you quibble the price before agreeing. We were also unaware that there was a way to watch english speaking channels on the TV (not that we watch much TV)

We booked a meal through the hotel as it was my birthday - we asked for a medium priced restaurant serving meat/fish - the meal turned out to be very expensive 76 Euros for one starter of tomato/mozzarello and tomato (10E) 2 Grilled Seabass (32E) and then we had to order side dishes separately at a cost of 5Euros each - in fact the litre of wine came to less than the Seabass. We wished we had followed out gut instinct and found a restaurant for ourselves.

However, all in all a great stay .......

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Devon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed at the Antiche Figure for 3 nights. It’s right across the train station, Forravia and very close to Piazza Roma. A 400 plus year old building that is very well kept up. The décor in the lobby was simple. Do not be disappointed by the small entrance as most hotels in Venice are small when you enter. The rooms are very well decorated and nice theme’s to them. The Manager, Alessandro deserves a special mention. He is a Venetian with a warm and caring personality. He takes time to answer all your questions. Gives great advice on restaurants, Things to do, where to shop, history, monuments, etc. He upgraded our room without even asking. The other person who deserves a special mention is Anca(or Anka) who is the receptionist. She is another good soul who makes every guest feel welcome. Walks you to the room, assists in setting up itineraries, and very helpful with shopping tips for the ladies. Breakfast is served 7 – 10 a.m. Typical Eurpoean breakfast with many different kind of pastries, cookies, breakfast meats, various types of breads, fruits, and also eggs. Cereal is available. They serve many types of coffees including Cappucino’s and Latte’s. Enjoy your stay here.

Room Tip: The suites are in another building and quiter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Hotel is very near Rail Station, but across the Grand Canal (high bridge). We requested that a porter meet us on arrival and take bags over the bridge. He was right there when we arrived. In younger days we could have managed. On arrival we learned that the agent (Expedia) had not informed the hotel that we had reduced our stay from 5 to 4 days. We had to make two calls to get Expedia to fax a cofirmation so we would not be charged for the extra day. We made our reservations for other hotels directly with the hotel. Breakfast was good, but we had better elsewhere.

Room Tip: We made certain to get two beds since many European hotels give couples double beds (also called mat...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We arrived quite early - around 11 in the morning - and to our surprise, we could already check in. For an extra 30€ we upgraded to a larger room with full view on the Canale grande, which was really worth the extra €. Service and advice from the very friendly personnel was perfect. Our room was spotless and breakfast great. Only "downside": this hotel is located near the station, so not close to St. Marco square. But I actually enjoyed walking around in this less touristy area without the crowds and without being harassed. Given that the old city of Venice is quite small, it doesn't take you long to get to St. Marco anyway. Would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2013
Fortaleza
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Location is very very important in Venice, and this hotel is just in front of the train station! All you have to do is cross one bridge (ok, not that easy if you have a lot of luggage anyway) and you're in.

We were very well treated by Chiara, super friendly. She offered an upgrade (for 30 eur per night) and we don't regret accepting it. The deluxe room was wonderful: big, comfortable, nice bath tub and very nice view of the Grand Canal. The room also have coffee amenities, and the breakfast is very good too.

Room Tip: If you can, choose a deluxe room with view of the canal.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I just returned from Venice, where we stayed at Hotel Antiche. First we were surprised that our room was not in the hotel on the canal, but in their newly refurbished annex in the ally, however the room had everything we want, need and look for. The very nice staff did suggest to move us if we are not satisfied with our room, but we chose not to after spending just few hours in the room. The room was extremely cleaned, spacious and comfortable. they always leave chocolate or candies on your pillow... we had coffee, the, and a fridge in the room. The room was extremely comfortable and calm. We highly recommend this hotel, the staff is extremely nice, and they go out of their way to make you happy... oh and the hotel has a great location! We loved it!

Room Tip: Some superior/prestigious rooms of this hotel are not in the hotel on the canal, but in a different...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Antiche Figure? Share your experiences!