“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Palazzo Abadessa

You added Hotel Palazzo Abadessa to your Saves list
Hotel Palazzo Abadessa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Priuli, Cannaregio 4011, 30131 Venice, Italy (Cannaregio)   |
Ranked #28 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Dublin
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Booking a place to stay in Venice can be fairly daunting. I knew I'd found something special when I came across the Abadessa. We booked the early bird offer and for under €400 we got 3 nights accommodation including breakfast in one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. Location is perfect: 2 minute walk to Rialto bridge, 15/20 minute walk to St.Marks square and countless restaurants and shops right on your doorstep. The vaperetto stop Ca'dore is right beside you and there is also a gondola dock. The hotel itself is stunning, pure old world decadence. Staff were friendly and always so helpful. Breakfast is traditional European buffet style, the coffee and cakes are amazing. When we checked in we were shown to room 19 overlooking the canal which was lovely however as all the floors are so old, whoever was staying above us kept us awake walking back and forth on the floorboards. When we mentioned this to the receptionist he kindly offered to change our room. He showed us a choice of two rooms on the second floor. We opted for room 25 which was beautiful! Our luggage was moved while we went out exploring. Everything in the room was spotless and extremley spacious. The Palazzo Abadessa is perfection.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I researched hotels in Venice for weeks and chose the Abadessa to begin our Cruise in October.
From the moment we arrived we were treated like the royalty who lived in this beautiful, historic place in1540.
Our rooms were incredible, like something out of a Bond movie. I can't say enough about our experience. We wanted to start our trip in a very special place and we could not have done better. Being treated to a glass of house wine out in the courtyard after a busy day was a perfect way to begin a wonderful evening. The morning coffee served in your own personal pitcher with steamed milk was a perfect way to start our day. It was the most wonderful coffee we had on our trip.
You will not go wrong with this hotel. it is located in a very convenient area. We also very much appreciated the fact that the hotel is located on a canal and our water taxi pulled directly to the back door. We pulled the exterior bell rope and the staff opened the door and assisted with our luggage. We really appreciated this when we saw other travelers hauling luggage all over town, up and down steps and across bridges.
If you want the feel of a perfect authenic experience in Venice this is your place. The staff is wonderful. Enjoy!!!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

charming palazzo with very atmospheric but well maintained rooms, in a charming situation, only a short walk to everywhere.

Lovely breakfast and Darwin the host is as helpful as the other reviews say. You'd be a fool to stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Stayed in both a suite and a classic room. If you don't want to overspend.... the Classic rooms...
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Great place, location and staff. Room was beautiful- proper palatial. Easy to find and close to everything. The breakfast was excellent (and I'm Gluten intolerant- not easy to be in Italy!). Stay here for a true romantic experience.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel and can't fault it. The rooms are fantastic and beautifully decorated. The bathroom was huge with double hand basins. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. The location is just off the main street and a couple of minutes walk from the Ca d'oro water taxi stop. It's about 20 mins walk to St Marks Square. Breakfast is the usual continental selection but the quality of the food was better than other hotels we have stayed at in Italy of the same star rating. If you hear a bit of yelling from the street, don't be alarmed, it's probably just kids playing ball games in the indoor court next door. When I first heard it, I thought it was people arguing in the street but I later found out it was an indoor sports area. I only heard the noise on one of the nights we stayed, so it's not a nightly occurance. There's no elevator, so if you have problems with stairs, ask for a room on the ground floor. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel again if I return to Venice.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
whitstable
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My sister and I stay here as often as we can. We love every minute . . . Entering the walled garden and into the sumptious interior, with it's silk lined walls, oil paintings, Murano glass chandleiers, amazing floors and hand painted glorious ceilings. The air smells of flowers, light venetian music is playing - books, magasines and newspapers are there for you to rest and relax.
All is provided by the staff and management to make you feel very special and welcome each time you appear.
Fundementa Nova - ( the waterbus stop from the airport ) is 5 mins walk away.
The Grand Canal is 2 minutes walk away and yet you can hear nothing at night - it is so peaceful.
The breakfast is The Best as well - a huge, fresh selection - and all beautifully presented.
I cannot say enough about this special piece of Venice heaven.
I always feel very lucky to be able to be there and sad to leave.

Room Tip: I have stayed in lots of the rooms and they are all stunning, perfectly lovely, beautifully decorate...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My sister and I have stayed at this hotel a few times and absolutely love it. For us it is Venice. Incredible chandeliers and art everywhere. The decor is stunning and the room size very generous. The breakfast is the best in Venice and the staff very friendly and helpful. In fact I cannot speak highly enough it is our top choice every time and we visit Venice twice a year. I cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: All the ones we have stayed in have been lovely and different from each other so I cannot choose.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Palazzo Abadessa? Share your experiences!