“Just Right” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Locanda Fiorita

Save Saved
You added Hotel Locanda Fiorita to your Saves list
Hotel Locanda Fiorita
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Campiello Novo - San Marco, 3457, 30124 Venice, Italy (San Marco)   |
Ranked #142 of 382 Hotels in Venice
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Just Right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Excellent location,Clean,Very good breakfast....just right.Don't expect anything fancy,because this is Venice after all.This Hotel has all the right ingredients,it has a great location and within eazy stroll from all major attractions.The breakfast was very good,clean rooms.Only drawback was the small bathroom.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Lovely little hotel in a perfect location. Room was small as was the bathroom but it had lots of character and it wasn't a problem.

Staff were fine as was the breakfast - which was served in the room (how do they make such lovely coffee?)

10% off the bill for paying with cash as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Beautiful place. The hotel itself is very cozy and definitely fits in with Venice. We stayed three nights on our honeymoon. The room was very cozy. it was on the smaller side but for a room in Venice I didn't expect anything bigger. The staff was very courteous and and were happy to recommend restaurants in the area. They immediately gave me a guide book for Venice which was extremely helpful.

The hotel is walking distance from St. Mark's square. It is a great location around many shops and the Academic Museum.

The price was extremely reasonable.

We will definitely be back next time we are in Venice. (Hopefully soon)

Room Tip: We did not have a fridge in our room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was one of the two hotels owned by the same company that my husband and I stayed at during a tour around Italy which started and ended in Venice. The hotel had a great location, in a small quiet courtyard which meant it was quiet at night. There are lots of good restaurants in the square which is only a 30 second walk away and all of the key sights can be reached in a 15 minute walk. Rooms have all of the facilities required and are decorated to a high standard. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is served outside in the courtyard which is a nice peaceful experience on a sunny day. I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed twice, and had a diffferent room both times, the second time our bathroom was just for our...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Some have complained about the size of the rooms here but this is Venice. You can't expect large rooms, particularly on the island! We stayed here on the advice of friends who had stayed here a couple of years previously and we'd stay here again in a heartbeat. The location is absolutely brilliant with everything you'd want within walking distance and a couple of close Vaporetto stops for when you don't have the time or inclination to walk. The staff were very welcoming, warm and friendly and went out of their way to help us. We had a room with a bathroom and it was small but it was charming, clean and comfortable. Just be careful if the hotel sends you it's info kit by email - there are a couple of mistranslations in there. You won't be eating breakfast outside in the worm season and that water taxi IS expensive! Here's a helpful piece of advice the hotel gave us: buy your food for the train trip out of Venice at Brek's, a short walk from the station (to the right as you face the steps). They have salads, grilled vegetables and cheese, seafood salads etc, all in sealed take- away containers with cutlery, along with paninis etc. Beats buying the overpriced and fairly forgettable food on the trains any day.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

My experience started off well with the lovely woman at the check-in desk. I had a single room and it was absolutely adorable. I had a separate bathroom which was clean and decent size. I was sharing it with other people but I never had a problem getting in the bathroom when I needed to.
My bad experience came on my 2nd night at the hotel. I had friends staying in Venice about 20minute walk from my hotel. I ended up staying out late with my friends and didn't want to walk all the way back to my hotel by myself (at 3am). I came back to the hotel at 7:30am/8am to "Christopher" who basically chastised me for not letting the hotel know I wasn't returning to the hotel the prior night and that he had been waiting up all night for me to return. I apologized and said that at previous hotels (it was a generalization) (to which I was rudely interrupted as he told me "this is a Locanda. Not a hotel") the staff is there 24/7 or there is a doorbell if you come in late. He told me that if someone rings the doorbell then it wakes all the other guests. (Not sure the point of a doorbell if this is the case).I asked for a business card with the hotel phone number so I can call if this happens again. He said "Do you have the map I gave you yesterday? The number is on the map". Extremely rude. Furthermore, I have stayed at numerous hotels where if they lock the door at night and have no doorbell or staff present they post it at the front desk or they make you aware of this fact. Nobody told me this. I am 35 years old and have traveled around the world and stayed in numerous types of hotels/b and b's/hostels. Never once have I had to "check-in" with the hotel if I wasn't returning for the night. I left a day early and went to a much better hotel with friendly staff even though I paid for the last night. I just wanted out of there. Nothing like feeling like you are a burden to someone. Wouldn't recommend this hotel for the sheer fact of the rude staff and you couldn't pay me enough money to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Locfior, Proprietario at Hotel Locanda Fiorita, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear Madame

First of all please accept my apologies for the bad experience
during your recent stay in Locanda Fiorita. As it has been reflected in
many reviews on Trip Advisor, and other sites, you will see that we attach
great importance how we host our clients. This event is certainly unprecedented and one of regret on behalf of our staff. The porter in question had no excuse for this behaviour.

We are most appreciative of your comments about the general good impression
you had of our hotel and we look forward to seeing you next time in our beautiful city.

Yours faithfully

Alessandra Vazzoler and Paolo Battistetti

Yours faithfully
Alessandra Vazzoler and Paolo Battistetti
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great location, wonderful staff, great price...what else can you ask for? This small boutique hotel made our stay in Venice nothing short of perfect. Anthony at the front desk was AWESOME! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Locanda Fiorita? Share your experiences!