“Rude staff!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Locanda Fiorita

Save Saved
You added Hotel Locanda Fiorita to your Saves list
Hotel Locanda Fiorita
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Campiello Novo - San Marco, 3457, 30124 Venice, Italy (San Marco)   |
Ranked #141 of 382 Hotels in Venice
Boston, Massachusetts
“Rude staff!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

My experience started off well with the lovely woman at the check-in desk. I had a single room and it was absolutely adorable. I had a separate bathroom which was clean and decent size. I was sharing it with other people but I never had a problem getting in the bathroom when I needed to.
My bad experience came on my 2nd night at the hotel. I had friends staying in Venice about 20minute walk from my hotel. I ended up staying out late with my friends and didn't want to walk all the way back to my hotel by myself (at 3am). I came back to the hotel at 7:30am/8am to "Christopher" who basically chastised me for not letting the hotel know I wasn't returning to the hotel the prior night and that he had been waiting up all night for me to return. I apologized and said that at previous hotels (it was a generalization) (to which I was rudely interrupted as he told me "this is a Locanda. Not a hotel") the staff is there 24/7 or there is a doorbell if you come in late. He told me that if someone rings the doorbell then it wakes all the other guests. (Not sure the point of a doorbell if this is the case).I asked for a business card with the hotel phone number so I can call if this happens again. He said "Do you have the map I gave you yesterday? The number is on the map". Extremely rude. Furthermore, I have stayed at numerous hotels where if they lock the door at night and have no doorbell or staff present they post it at the front desk or they make you aware of this fact. Nobody told me this. I am 35 years old and have traveled around the world and stayed in numerous types of hotels/b and b's/hostels. Never once have I had to "check-in" with the hotel if I wasn't returning for the night. I left a day early and went to a much better hotel with friendly staff even though I paid for the last night. I just wanted out of there. Nothing like feeling like you are a burden to someone. Wouldn't recommend this hotel for the sheer fact of the rude staff and you couldn't pay me enough money to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Locfior, Proprietario at Hotel Locanda Fiorita, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear Madame

First of all please accept my apologies for the bad experience
during your recent stay in Locanda Fiorita. As it has been reflected in
many reviews on Trip Advisor, and other sites, you will see that we attach
great importance how we host our clients. This event is certainly unprecedented and one of regret on behalf of our staff. The porter in question had no excuse for this behaviour.

We are most appreciative of your comments about the general good impression
you had of our hotel and we look forward to seeing you next time in our beautiful city.

Yours faithfully

Alessandra Vazzoler and Paolo Battistetti

Yours faithfully
Alessandra Vazzoler and Paolo Battistetti

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great location, wonderful staff, great price...what else can you ask for? This small boutique hotel made our stay in Venice nothing short of perfect. Anthony at the front desk was AWESOME! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Belligham WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Not only is the Hotel charming and in a great location but the help we received when my friend was injured getting off the water bus was outstanding. Patrick came with me to help assess the situation, called the ambulance, and keep us updated. We waited an hour for the ambulance. The ER was as expected, but she did get good car for her broken arm. The Hotel was very supportive and helpful. They placed a call to Booking.com so I could easily cancel other reservations and also called our airline so I could change our reservations to go home. It is very convenient to restaurants. Our room was pleasant with a small bathroom but worked well for the two of us. I would definitely go back again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I knew what I was booking - a small single room with a shared bathroom. Yes, the room was small. But who spends time in their room in Venice? It was clean and comfortable and there was a sink in it so I could get ready in the morning / evening in there instead of the shared bathroom. I know other people have said it, but I never saw anyone else use the shared bathroom, nor evidence that anyone else had. (I think, perhaps, it might just be shared with the staff?)

The breakfast in the morning was pretty standard, so far as budget B&Bs in Italy go, but plentiful. When the weather was nice it was lovely to eat outside on the front patio. The staff was helpful and friendly and there 24/7. Free internet is a plus. LOCATION IS PERFECT. So incredibly central! Definitely recommended.

TIP: Go to the street view map on VeniceConnected.com and virtually "walk" from the vaporetto stop to the hotel. Super easy to find, particularly after doing that.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

We have stayed in Venice numerous times before, but no other hotel met our needs and expectations as well as Locanda Fiorita. We came by train and it was very easy to jump right on the #1 water bus to the Sant'Angelo stop. The directions they sent us were very clear and it was an easy 5 minute walk to the hotel. It is located in a lovely little square that makes it feel like an open oasis in the midst of tiny, twisting lanes.

We stayed tree nights, and the variety of staff who helped us, went out of their way to be gracious and accomodating. Our room was small but very clean and comfortable. We especially enjoyed the breakfasts out on the terrace: coissants, rolls, cheeses, spreads, jams, yogurt and pots of hot coffee and hot milk.

We enjoy walking, and really liked the easy walks to the San Marcos square area and to the Riallto Bridge area. I think this is an important point, as it is easy to get turned around or lost while walking in Venice, esp. for the uninitiated. But, we never had this problem as these routes are easy to see on a map and to negotiate from this little hotel, and that is a real plus!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Milan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

If I had to mention just one thing about the Locanda Fiorita, it would be its value for money. We stayed there a couple of nights around Christmas, paying just €51 per night for a double room (one of the small ones, called "Classic"). I guess it might cost more in other periods of the year, for instance during the Carnival, but to us it was a bargain, considering that the place is not bad at all.
First of all, it is decent and clean. Secondly, the location is quiet and convenient, a 10-minute walk from Piazza San Marco and 3 minutes from the nearest "vaporetto" stop. (Too bad it is quite far from Santa Lucia railway station, but you can't be close to both Piazza San Marco and the railway station.) Besides, you will enjoy an excellent and abundant breakfast, with a wide variety of both sweet and savoury choices. Some days (both days, in our case) it is served in one of the two B&B's – the Bloom and the Settimo Cielo – run by the same owners and located in a nearby building. If you happen to have your breakfast there, take the opportunity to go up on the building's roof terrace overlooking the large Campo Santo Stefano and enjoy the scenic view.
Despite the overall good impression, we found a couple of minor flaws too. A bad sewer smell came from the bathroom, though the bathroom was actually perfectly clean (besides being quite comfortable, by the way), but I guess Venice's canals are to blame for that more than the hotel. Keeping the bathroom door shut helped. We also temporarily moved a perfume diffuser from the corridor into our bathroom. After a while, we forgot the smell. Our second annoyance was the temperature in the room, definitely too high. The radiator was apparently oversized for our small room, which ended up being torrid although it was December and although we kept turning the radiator down.
Finally, two other good points worth mentioning are the reservation process and the reception hours. Booking a room through the website is easy and straightforward. When you make your reservation, consider that the so-called "Classic" double rooms are very small. If you don't mind sleeping in a tiny bedroom, you can be content with a "Classic" room and save some money. On the contrary, if space matters to you and you are willing to pay a little more, you'd better choose a "Comfort" room. As for the opening hours, you can specify the approximate time of your arrival on the online reservation form and then you can check in even late at night, as the reception is open all night long, which cannot always be taken for granted in a hotel of this category.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

This was our second stay (May '08), and we are happy to report that the Fiorita continues to be a terrific value. Excellent service, decent breakfast, clean pleasant room (#10 with private little balcony), its on a quiet mini-campo a few minutes from the Accademia. Nearest vaporetto stop (less than 5 min) is San Angelo on Linea 1 with only two little bridges to bounce roller luggage up and over (Accademia Bridge is formidable for those bags). That stop has the added advantage of being an Alilaguna stop for the airport every hour. Can't wait to stay there again - hopefully in a couple years!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Locanda Fiorita? Share your experiences!