This hotel belongs to the Monaco hotel located on the grand canal. The check-in is done at the hotel, but the check-out is done at the Monaco Hotel. If you take a water taxi, you will be dropped of at the Monaco hotel (if you take the Vaporetto you will be dropped a few steps from the Monaco hotel) but you can also ask someone at the front desk of the Monaco hotel to help you with your luggage and bring it to the Palazzo Selvadego at no extra charge. The location of this hotel is perfect. You are right on the Piazza San Marco, you have an ATM right in front of the hotel incase you need to withdraw some money. You are also right next to a Gondola Station. The hotel has paid Wifi, but since you are right next to the HardRock Café, you can get access to a free Wifi there (I believe the password for the wifi is hardrock or hardrockcafe). Also, unless you have the breakfast included in your hotel stay, the regular price for the breakfast is 35 euros per person and the breakfast is served at the Monaco Hotel. Personally, I would recommend opting out of this option and going to have breakfast at numerous local cafés around for much cheaper (but be careful, the cafés located right on the Piazza San Marco are among the most expensive in Venice!).
Our room was comfortable and the bathroom was clean, but I also noticed many dusty places around the room and on the ceiling. I would recommend this place for its location and proximity to the most important touristic attractions in Venice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Four Star Superior Hotel, owned by the Benetton Group, as the Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal, started to be a hotel from the end of the XII century on, when it was already chosen by ambassadors, prelates and important people of the Venetian life.With its late-Gothic facade in Venetian Byzantine style it surely is one of the most remarkable and significant examples of the Venetian architecture of the late thirteenth century. Today, the 34 rooms of Palazzo Selvadego are equipped with every comfort and immersed in a calm and relaxing atmosphere and are able to transmit from the first moment the uniqueness of this building, thanks to its design and also to the exposed beams in the rooms. Services include safety box, minibar, TV, hair dryer, complimentary toiletries in the bathrooms and a kettle with various teas and coffee available to the client. Breakfast is served in the restaurant of the Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal which is just 70 meters from the Palazzo Selvadego and according to the weather it will be served on the magnificent terrace of the Restaurant "Grand Canal" with breathtaking views on the Grand Canal and St. Mark’s Basin. This place has always been the meeting point of the mundane life in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, T4B, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Palazzo Selvadego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Del Selvadego Venice
- Palazzo Del Selvadego Hotel Venice