“Just perfect.....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Locanda Barbarigo

You added Locanda Barbarigo to your Saves list
Locanda Barbarigo
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   San Marco 2503/A | Fondamenta Barbarigo, 30124 Venice, Italy   |
Ranked #232 of 433 Venice B&B and Inns
Leeds
“Just perfect.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. Directions given were great and we found it without any problems, and this was navigating our own way from the vaparetto stop at St Mark's Square. We were in room 6 which was small but perfectly formed and had everything you need from a city break hotel including air con which was a must for August..! We had a gorgeous view of the canal running by the hotel. Breakfast was great, fruit juice, tea/coffee, fruit, breads, meats and cheeses etc, all enough to set you up for the busy day ahead. Location was outstanding, only a 5 to 10 minute stroll to the square. We actually booked our room on Laterooms.com and paid a great price, especially when looking at the other hotels in this area. Would totally stay at this hotel again, couldn't fault it. Only thing I would advise is make sure you have your hotel departure tax in Euro's we weren't told this, had 14 euro's on us but then had a mad dash to find 4 extra euro's on checking out, we thought we could just add this on to the bill and pay by card..!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
barbarigoVenezia, Responsabile reception at Locanda Barbarigo, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for your wanderful review. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay at the Locanda Barbarigo.
We hope we can wellcome you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We chose the Locanda Barbarigo due to the provision (at extra cost) of gluten free breakfasts which were very welcome as was the recommendation of a local restaurant (a beccafico) which serves amazing food with good gluten free options. We booked with Gilli's Holidays and we were so glad that Gilli recommended this small hotel to us as it is in keeping with true venetian style. We had a beautiful room (Tris) which overlooked a small courtyard. We received excellent service in the hotel. The lady on reception went out of her way to try to help us book train tickets over the internet. The hotel is perfectly located to visit the main sites in Venice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Locanda Barbarigo was fantastic. In terms of accommodations the location was great - close enough to the heart of the city but somehow not engulfed by the tourist free-for-all. The room was BEAUTIFUL, well cared for and more than I expected. I would like to offer a special note here to communicate how wonderful the staff was. I was there on business and a colleague lost their passport, wallet, everything. My colleague was staying in a different hotel and I had already checked out. Even though neither one of us was with Locanda Barbarigo at that point the staff took a lot of time out to help us with embassy information, passport recovery information - which was urgent because of a flight out that day - procedures with the Venetian police and, importantly, an overall sense of calm and generosity. In addition to the lovely accommodations it is great to know that a hotel in a tourist epicenter is anything but beleagured. I would highly recommend them.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
We are very happy that your trables have been solved. Thank you for your kind review.
We hope to see you again.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

The location of this hotel is perfect-just a short walk from the vaporetto stop. Very close to San Marco, but far enough away that it is quiet. The canal is right outside the front door, which I found very charming. Our room was a nice size and very clean, although it was a little dark because it faced an inner courtyard. The hotel staff were very hospitable. Breakfast was excellent. The hotel was expensive. However, everything in Venice is painfully expensive, so within that context, it was fairly reasonable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Tricesimo, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I was a little apprehensive after having read other reviews, but my experience at Locanda Barbarigo was absolutely lovely.

The location is perfect. Very close to San Marco, but the area around the locanda is quiet and peaceful away from the tourist bustle.

My room (#1) was perfect, large and comfortable, everything extremely clean and inviting. I'm a little fastidious and normally I avoid sitting in the armchairs in hotels, especially when they're soft upholstered (velvet tends to retain odors and dust) but this particular armchair was so clean and comfortable that I felt completely at home in it. Perfect after an exhausting day wandering around Venezia. Same goes for the other furnishings in the room--all very well taken care of and clean and fresh-smelling.

I don't normally take things from the mini-bar as I hate being ripped off--I figure it's cheaper to find a store nearby and buy my own. This mini-bar was minimalist, but extremely reasonable--normally you expect to pay more for water from the mini-bar, but in this case it was on a par at 1 euro, or even cheaper than many other take-away places nearby (that charged 1.50 or more--Venezia is expensive). So it was great value. It's a small thing, but makes me feel that the owner is being reasonable, and not just out to take my money when they charge the same or less than shops nearby. Kind of indicative of their approach to the whole host-tourist package.

And speaking of attitude--I couldn't have asked for more from the wonderful staff at this lovely B&B. Extremely helpful, very friendly, with good advice and directions for various locales, shops, and transport issues (there was a strike the day I left Venezia, but they helped me get through that too). Some other reviews have mentioned that there wasn't any service after hours--well what do you expect?? It's a B&B, and you're paying B&B prices (which was the big draw for me).

All in all I would definitely recommend this to other travellers, particularly if they want to see the more artsy side (around the Accademia) of Venezia, without being far from all the major touristy places. I'll be staying here on my next trip!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Responsabile reception at Locanda Barbarigo, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
We thank you for your kind review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and understood our desire to make comfortable our customers stay.
We hope to accommodate you again.
Barry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed in the apartment on the top floor of the hotel. This is a very traditional hotel with athentic charming decor . Walls to the bedroom were decorated with silk and traditionally furnished and all windows have shutters opening to the courtyard below. A pleasant surprise was the modern bathroom - an essential for any traveller...

The kitchen provided a fridge, small oven and hob so was nice not to have to trek out again in the evening to eat and the added bonus of the sweet sound of opera music and singing from the small theatre next to the hotel. Many salads were enjoyed in the kitchen, with shutters open, to make the most of the free entertainment! However, this ended around 1030p.m. so no disruption
to sleep

We opted for breakfast which at 5 euros was a bargain, self serve continental with limitless italian coffee, breads, cake, cereals, yogurt, ham and cheese and boiled eggs with fruit juice.

this is served in a lovely dining room with an amazing huge candelier.

Location was really central with a 10 minute walk to St Mark's Square and the water bus stop.

If your type of hotel is modern then this is probably not for you, however, the authenticity of this small modest hotel gives a real feel of Venice and is superb value for money.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Wokingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011 via mobile

This is a great place to stay at a reasonable price. It's a bed and breakfast in an authentic Venetian house. The view from our room was not exactly inspiring, but I don't think we could complain about the location. Just 5 minutes walk from San Marco and close to the Academia. It's situated right next to a small canal (well most places are in Venice) so you could get a water taxi from the airport. We took the cheaper ferry, the best stop was San Marco itself and we had no trouble finding the place (Venice is not massive). At the price and location I'm not sure you'll find better.

• Stayed December 2011

Been to Locanda Barbarigo? Share your experiences!