“Fantastic location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Cavalletto E Doge Orseolo

You added BEST WESTERN Cavalletto E Doge Orseolo to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Cavalletto E Doge Orseolo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Piazza San Marco 1107 | Calle del Cavalletto, 30124 Venice, Italy   |
Ranked #227 of 383 Hotels in Venice
blackpool
“Fantastic location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

After reading a few negative reviews on trip advisor I was a little concerned that we may have booked the wrong hotel, but I couldn't have been more wrong!
The location just couldn't have been any better , seconds away from St Marks Square, minutes from the Grand Canal and balconies overlooking the gondola stop. Yes the rooms were a bit dated but they were big, clean and the air con kept them cool even when it hit 37degrees. The breakfast was good, with great views over the canal, the bar was comfortable and Paulo the barman was really friendly and efficient and he makes the very best Bellinis.
Venice is expensive, we spent more on a water taxi one way to the airport than we did on a night b&b here, unless you want to spend a lot of money you won't find a better hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Amman, Jordan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

i just came back two days ago from this hotel, it was a trebbile staying the room was very small " boxy" and old and the AC was also not well-functioning in such bad wethear in venice , the only advatege thing is the location but however movement is not a big hassle in venice i donot advise to choose it as doesnot worth a single cent to stay

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We didn’t actually stay in this hotel so I can't comment on the size of the rooms or quality of service. However, what I did notice is its great location just beside Piazza San Marco (we came upon it as we were on our way back to San Marco after walking tour).

Besides being only less than 50m from Piazza San Marco, it is opposite the Hard Rock Cafe but the best thing about the location of this hotel is that it overlooks the Basin Orseolo and faces the nearby gondola rank. You can watch the fascinating spectacle of the gondolas coming and going from the comfort of your room.

Room prices at this hotel seem to vary greatly according to which hotel booking web-site you use, so double- and triple-check the different web-sites before you make your booking.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was a very nice hotel. Location was great. Water taxi was right outside. Rooms were spacious. Air conditioning system could not keep up with the heat. We had to request a room change because the room would not cool down despite keeping the ac running for hours. breakfast was awesome. I wish they would invest in some ceiling fans considering the hot humid climate. Would keep both the heat and mosquitos at bay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
westminster,co
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I just finished a 40 day European trip and one of our stops was Venice. I stayed in 10 different hotels and 5 were Best Westerns. Out of all the hotels this was the worst and out of all the BW this was the worst. I mean absolute worst experience all around.
First of all they screwed up my credit by trying to authorize my cards weeks before our stay. Second they weren't any help for us trying to get to the hotel from train station. They told me personally that they had a dock for boats and they do but what they didn't tell me that it cost 90 euro to stop on it. We ended up paying almost 100$ to take a taxi boat and then had to walk cause we couldn't dock at our hotel. Third there are two BW in that same square right near each other. We ended up going to wrong one of course and had to walk even further. Fourth and the best part once we finally showed up our greeting was exact quote "Hello do you have your credit card" no "how was the trip, did you find it ok", nothing remotely resembling customer service. Finally , after we got to our room it was tiny and boxy, the bed was terrible like most of Europe, A/C didn't work very well and the WIFI which I called about only worked in the very tiny lobby, where there were about 20 people all huddled over a tiny WIFI spot. The next morning was even less customer service than the night before.
If you go online you will find very nice pictures of the hotel and it is a very nice hotel run by very Bad people in my personal opinion. BW should ashamed to do business with those people, I was ashamed it was called BW. It is very convenient to the main square but that's about it. They showed me nothing that remotely interest me going back to Venice or that hotel. I'm sure many people love it, good for them, but have they stayed in 5 different BW on one trip on one vacation or ten hotels in 40 days, I have and I believe I have the travel experience to make these claims. Customer should always be number one in any country at any hotel wanting to be successful. I'm sure the staff are friendly and may even care but they definitely didn't show us any. I'm going to give some advise in every review from here on out till I see changes in the hotel industry.

Everyone should listen to this. First I don't care how much marble in the lobby you have or how many pieces of art hanging on the wall when travel people travel great distances usually. What people want business or pleasure is somewhere nice to sleep. Rest is a key element to any trip business or pleasure. So let's be smart and start with the bed. If they bed sucks then most likely the person won't get much sleep. Then there cranky then there day goes down hill. If the bed is awesome they'll wake up refreshed and probably in a good mood mostly likely to have good day. After that everything else is a bonus. My biggest complaint at most hotels are the beds are terrible. But most places put all the money into art or marble or stuff that the customer really doesn't even notice or care about. So if your reading this then please read carefully. Beds are the most important part of the room PERIOD. I know most won't agree and that's ok, most have never left there little world so it's ok.I do travel a lot though more than the average person. Thanks for taking time out to read my thoughts it means alot to me whether you agree or not.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

You will forgive any faults of the hotel if you are sleeping in Venice literally 25 steps away from San Marco square. The rooms in this hotel are very very small. bathrooms are also very small, lift is temperamental and slow.
Breakfast is good, WiFi is free but very slow. However, nothing beats walking out of the hotel late at night or early in the morning when the crowds of tourist have not arrived yet and having San Marco to yourself. It's worth it. Stay there if you can. You can enjoy big bedroom at home.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We visited this hotel early July. Check in was quick and efficient. Staff was polite but not too friendly.

We had two rooms which were both very small. In the one room the wifi worked but not in the other room.

Not a 4 star in my opinion and not worth using.

Been to BEST WESTERN Cavalletto E Doge Orseolo? Share your experiences!