“Great little hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Albergo Marin

You added Albergo Marin to your Saves list
Albergo Marin
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ramo delle Chioverete, Santa Croce, 670/b, 30135 Venice, Italy (Santa Croce)   |
Offers & Announcements
6% off booking directly
Ranked #106 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“Great little hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is a very quaint hotel with great history and wonderful employees! We had a lot of fun in a short visit. It is close to the train station and was easy to find. The desk clerks were very helpful and gave us great directions. I would recommend it.

Room Tip: This is a 17th century building so there are only stairs.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Albergo_Marin, Owner at Albergo Marin, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Ciao Malopa,

thanks a lot for your feedback, and also for explaining to other guests we are on a old building and therefore there're only stairs

Cheers, see you soon

Giacomo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gurgaon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This nice little hotel is very close to the railway station. So it was a big plus for us as we were coming from Milan and were headed for Florence after Venice. These are very nice people. Upon arrival, we were received well by Felipo. Next morning, we met his mother. She is a very nice and helpful lady. My son was running high fever and she counselled my wife to much of our comfort.

As many others are suggesting this is not a high-end hotel. But you'd be surprised to notice their standards of cleanliness, decor etc. So while the exteriors or the reception or the bed size or the view from the window may not be overly exciting, the overall experience is very satisfying. It is important to keep perspective and not fuss over petty things.

Finally, we found their breakfast to be simply the best amongst all our experiences of hotels during our recently concluded Europe trip. And I am talking about 4 more hotels of rating 3 or higher. Their hot-chocolate was fantastic and was served with a sincere smile which, I found, is not a very common thing in Europe hospitality industry. We came back very satisfied, I am sure you would too.

Room Tip: Travel light as it is difficult to cover even this small distance with lot of luggage and when the s...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Albergo_Marin, Owner at Albergo Marin, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Rik,

thanks a lot for your 5/5, it's really important to us :)

I really hope to welcome you next time and to show you more features

Regards

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My first impression upon seeing the Albergo Marin was "how quaint". The outdoor seating area with a back drop of a red wall with vines growing on it, made me feel like I was in a Tuscan Villa.

Giacamo greeted us upon entry and checked us in. He was very nice. Spoke fluent English. He accommodated my request for a ground floor room as I had 2 suitcases and there is no elevator in the establishment. He also gave us excellent ideas on what to do, where to visit, and how to get to each place with ease.

Welcome drinks were served as Giacamo gave us the directions and information.

The room we had was spacious and very clean.

The front desk is manned 24/7 so if we needed anything there was someone always there.

The Albergo Marin is a 3 minute walk to the Venezia S Lucia which was extremely convenient as we had arrived from Rome via train. The ferry stop is also in the same location. Walking to the San Marco Sqaure is also very easy from here.

I only had one disappointing encounter with an employee. She was quite brusque and little impatient. Luckily I only saw her the one time. Over all our stay was nice and am planning to stay here again when we next visit Venice.

• Stayed June 2013
Albergo_Marin, Owner at Albergo Marin, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Ciao Melissa,

thanks for your nice words, I really appreciate your feedback (and also the private mail you wrote to me). I really hope to welcome you in the future again and to meet your husband as well!

Cheers

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

A good value for money hotel just off the Grand Canal. Very clean, great reception service and you can have a drink outside watching the world go by in a nice part of town. Room was fine with a large king size bed and clean modern bathroom. Neighborhood was very quiet at night. Thoroughly recommend. Their Pinot Gris house wine is excellent.

Room Tip: No lift in the building so ground or first floor room is recommended.
Albergo_Marin, Owner at Albergo Marin, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear John and Jenny,

thanks for your review, we are all looking forward to welcome in Venice again :)

Have a nice week, your review sounds as a very good week beginning for us

Kaiserslautern, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Hotel is nice. Breakfast is simple but OK. It is very close to train station and also bus station piazzaler roma so I liked it. We were really happy about the free wifi connection. Last day our plane was in the evening and we had whole one more day and the lady in front desk was perfect. They kept our luggage for whole day. I suggest this hotel

Albergo_Marin, Owner at Albergo Marin, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Hello Merve,

thanks for your feedback. Actually I am a little bit sad of reading you were so happy about your stay and only gave us 3/5, as I thought when you are so satisfied you should give us 5/%, or at least 4/5. ANycase, I kindly ask you to come back visiting our 1 star hotel in the future to see our continuous improvement!

Thanks!

Suffolk, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed here in May 2013 and had a fantastic time. The outside of the hotel has the classic Venice "shabby-chic" look, with a couple of tables outside for guests to use, but inside, our room was large, clean and bright with windows on both sides and the en-suite bathroom was absolutely spotless.

It's location was convenient for us and only a 30-second walk to the Grand Canal. Free wifi was a bonus and even on the top floor, where our room was, we had a really quick connection.

After scurrying around semi-dressed in the dark, because of only having net curtains on the windows the first night, we found the shutters on the outside of the windows the following morning - d'oh!

We woke to the smell of freshly-baked pastries, bread and coffee which were ABSOLUTELY DIVINE (possibly the nicest croissants I've ever had) and with very friendly restaurant staff, we had a lovely breakfast.

The only small downside is that there is no lift, but, to be fair, its an old building and taking the stairs helped to work off the copious amounts of gelato and pizza I ate during my stay!

Based on some of the 3-4-star hotels I've stayed in I think the one-star rating is unjustified - it should be 2-3 at the very minimum. I would recommend this to anyone and will stay here the next time I visit Venice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Albergo_Marin, Owner at Albergo Marin, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Suffolk (is this your name?),

an absolute gem? Thanks! This makes me so proud as our deep research in your satisfaction went through! I'd like so much all our guest could give us a similar review, maybe it's just a dream, but never say ever (sorry, I stole Bond's words - we have the same name after all!!!).

See you soon here again

Cheers

Giacomo (Bond)
Watsonville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

if you want a truly italian place to stay while in venice for a really reasonable price this is the place. the room had everything we needed for a cozy stay. the bed, floors and shower were very clean and the staff was totally willing to help with all our needs. the breakfast is 'continental' and all we expected. the location from the cruise ship and/or main train station is just a 5 minute walk away. we were given a map and directions to where we wanted to go. the owners speak and write in excellent english - helpful when communicating over the internet and in person. we highly recommend and will return our next visit to venice.

Albergo_Marin, Owner at Albergo Marin, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Ciao Dorothy,

thank you so much! Typical italian? Indeed we are :) You know we just added canned fruit (from saturday the 15th of June) for breakfast? Something fresh for warm summer days!

See you soon here again

Giacomo

Been to Albergo Marin? Share your experiences!