“The Friend You Wish You Had” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 96 activities in Venice
Type: Walking tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Let an Italian, English speaking, professional photographer walk you through the city of Venice in an unforgettable Photo Walk, discovering the real and hidden Venice capturing real candid moments in beautiful pictures. Enjoy a relaxed walk, improve your photography skills and bring home remarkable pictures of your visit.
Vancouver, Canada
“The Friend You Wish You Had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

For your trip to Venice, if you wish you had a local friend who can spare three hours to show you around the part of town that is beyond the tourist attractions and thus allow you to feel the city; you wish this friend has intimate knowledge of the past and present of Venice that he is very happy to share, then you must meet Marco Secchi and for the photo walk tour. Did I mention the practical tips and advice Marco can give you about photography? We thoroughly enjoyed the tour and would recommend to anyone without reservation.

Nicosia, Cyprus
“Wonderful photography morning walk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

With Marco it was like meeting an old, trusted friend, gently showing us his beloved Venice and how to use our cameras. Discovered functions they had we hadn't realized they had and how to put them to good use without getting confused. Especially how to frame a picture and to get the "wow"! factor to stun friends and relatives. Thanks Marco, hope we can meet up again!

“Marco is the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I agree with all the 90+ 5 stars comments about how good the tour with Marco is. Extremely friendly, polite, great photographer and teacher, I am not joking I had my camera for nearly 18 months and yet didn't discover its potential till I met Marco.
Trip advisor reader: if you planning to visit Venice this is a "must", even of you have only three hours, spent them in the tour with marco. If you are not keen on photography you will still have the best tour as Marco is very very knowledgeable and for sure he will answer any question you might have starting from history, landmarks, where to eat and obviously how to take good pictures in Venice
simply speaking: MARCO You are the best
Thank you very much for the great time and pictures
Tip: we took the portraits option which was a fantastic choice and we really recommend it .

Vienna, VA, United States
“An amazing photo tour of Venice with a great person!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

For a milestone birthday, my wife and I took a trip to northern Italy, with Venice being our first stop. Me being a photography enthusiast/hobbyist, my wife suggested a photo tour of Venice with Marco Secchi based on her Internet research and TripAdvisor reviews. We were very impressed to see Marco's 80+ perfect 5-star reviews and are happy to add another. Our experience with Marco from beginning to end was top notch and really added to our visit to Venice.

Upon meeting Marco (and he was early for his appointment with us), there was something very familiar about him. Perhaps it was partly due to the numerous e-mails and text messages exchanged (his communications prior to meeting him were exemplary) to book him and prepare for the photo tour, but more so, he is such a genuinely friendly and caring person that he immediately comes off as an old friend you haven't seen in ages. Extremely humble too. Never once did I feel that I was being scrutinized by a pro, or anything like that. Marco was so kind and is quite happy to teach his craft and help other people benefit from learning something new, or learning something that has worked well for him. He also knew my camera very well and helped me on the spot with settings and configuration details.

Another thing we realized was that the "tour" part of the photo tour was equally emphasized. Marco's knowledge of Venice and her history is extensive to say the least, and at every tun, canal, piazza, monument, or church, we learned a great deal about the landmark and also interesting details that you just don't find in guide books. Marco is a resident of Venice and it comes through that he is very proud of that fact and wants to share it with the people he meets.

Be prepared to walk a lot and take many photos, but Marco will show you parts of Venice you will likely never be able to discover on your own, and you will definitely learn a thing or two about photography and how to become better at it. All while meeting a great guy.

Melbourne, Australia
“Great tour with a great guy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My fiancé and I fully enjoyed our tour with Marco, he was very knowledgeable and really helped us to appreciate the history of and life in Venice. Like everyone else we were very impressed by his tripadvisor reviews and we weren't disappointed. He was able to point out things of photographic interest to Justin and at the same time keep up a conversation easily, he was so easy to get along with! I really appreciated being with a local who was able to take us to interesting places we wouldn't find ourselves without getting completely lost (because Venice is a maze!). We paid extra for Marco to take photos of us around Venice which made a lovely momento of our visit. No need for awkward selfies haha! After the tour he was kind enough to point out some of his favourite places to eat and made sure we weren't lost. Would definitely recommend to friends

Visited March 2013