“Marco is the best” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 126 Activities in Venice
Type: Walking tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Let an Italian, English speaking, professional photographer walk you through the city of Venice in an unforgettable Photo Walk, discovering the real and hidden Venice capturing real candid moments in beautiful pictures. Enjoy a relaxed walk, improve your photography skills and bring home remarkable pictures of your visit.
“Marco is the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I agree with all the 90+ 5 stars comments about how good the tour with Marco is. Extremely friendly, polite, great photographer and teacher, I am not joking I had my camera for nearly 18 months and yet didn't discover its potential till I met Marco.
Trip advisor reader: if you planning to visit Venice this is a "must", even of you have only three hours, spent them in the tour with marco. If you are not keen on photography you will still have the best tour as Marco is very very knowledgeable and for sure he will answer any question you might have starting from history, landmarks, where to eat and obviously how to take good pictures in Venice
simply speaking: MARCO You are the best
Thank you very much for the great time and pictures
Tip: we took the portraits option which was a fantastic choice and we really recommend it .

Visited April 2013

Vienna, VA, United States
“An amazing photo tour of Venice with a great person!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

For a milestone birthday, my wife and I took a trip to northern Italy, with Venice being our first stop. Me being a photography enthusiast/hobbyist, my wife suggested a photo tour of Venice with Marco Secchi based on her Internet research and TripAdvisor reviews. We were very impressed to see Marco's 80+ perfect 5-star reviews and are happy to add another. Our experience with Marco from beginning to end was top notch and really added to our visit to Venice.

Upon meeting Marco (and he was early for his appointment with us), there was something very familiar about him. Perhaps it was partly due to the numerous e-mails and text messages exchanged (his communications prior to meeting him were exemplary) to book him and prepare for the photo tour, but more so, he is such a genuinely friendly and caring person that he immediately comes off as an old friend you haven't seen in ages. Extremely humble too. Never once did I feel that I was being scrutinized by a pro, or anything like that. Marco was so kind and is quite happy to teach his craft and help other people benefit from learning something new, or learning something that has worked well for him. He also knew my camera very well and helped me on the spot with settings and configuration details.

Another thing we realized was that the "tour" part of the photo tour was equally emphasized. Marco's knowledge of Venice and her history is extensive to say the least, and at every tun, canal, piazza, monument, or church, we learned a great deal about the landmark and also interesting details that you just don't find in guide books. Marco is a resident of Venice and it comes through that he is very proud of that fact and wants to share it with the people he meets.

Be prepared to walk a lot and take many photos, but Marco will show you parts of Venice you will likely never be able to discover on your own, and you will definitely learn a thing or two about photography and how to become better at it. All while meeting a great guy.

Visited April 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Great tour with a great guy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My fiancé and I fully enjoyed our tour with Marco, he was very knowledgeable and really helped us to appreciate the history of and life in Venice. Like everyone else we were very impressed by his tripadvisor reviews and we weren't disappointed. He was able to point out things of photographic interest to Justin and at the same time keep up a conversation easily, he was so easy to get along with! I really appreciated being with a local who was able to take us to interesting places we wouldn't find ourselves without getting completely lost (because Venice is a maze!). We paid extra for Marco to take photos of us around Venice which made a lovely momento of our visit. No need for awkward selfies haha! After the tour he was kind enough to point out some of his favourite places to eat and made sure we weren't lost. Would definitely recommend to friends

Miami, Florida
“Great tour despite a cold and rainy day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This tour was definitely a highlight of our family's trip to Venice. When he saw the weather forecast, Marco offered every opportunity to cancel and refund our payment, but I'm so glad we didn't. He showed us parts of Venice that we wouldn't have found on our own, and we certainly would not have found our way back. He offered tips for photos and apps to try. And when the less hearty parts of the family opted to return to the hotel, he continued the tour with my husband and teenaged son, well past the initial 3 hours we had paid for. Marco was knowledgeable, kind, and informative and I would highly recommend his tour for anyone traveling in Venice.

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“A superb Venice experience with Marco.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My wife and I could not have been happier with our tour with Marco and we wished we had a full day together with him, not just half! Seeing Venice through the "lens" photography was very unique, fun and very helpful to both my wife and me since we love taking and treasuring photos. Marco not only took us to the back streets with special vistas and "hidden treasures" but he also spent time teaching us how to use our cameras to capture the best images. There was some flooding in St Mark's Square while we were there, and he showed us how to capture the amazing reflections of the architecture in the standing water. These photographs are among the best we've taken, with Marco's help. He also told many stories as we walked of Venetian history, as well as personal anecdotes about what it was like for his grandmother to grow up in Venice contrasted with his own upbringing and life today. We would recommend Marco without hesitation for his photography tour. When we return to Venice in the future, we will certainly spend more time with Marco.