“A Real Hospitality Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Locanda Orseolo

You added Locanda Orseolo to your Saves list
Locanda Orseolo
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   Corte Zorzi, San Marco 1083, 30124 Venice, Italy (San Marco)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 440 Venice B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Greenwich, Connecticut
“A Real Hospitality Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

If you want a big tourist hotel with all the amenities, this is not the place. If you want clean rooms, a delightful staff, a location a hundred yards off Plaza San Marco, and a great breakfast, this is the place for you. We arrived by water taxi from the airport and were delivered through a "door" (really a large window) opening on a canal. The location was great, 100 yards from San Marco Plaza but on a relatively quiet side street. The staff was unbelievable. When I got up at 4:30 to go on a photo tour (see my review) the night guy made me a cappuccino before I left. The breakfasts were great and the staff was always available with helpful advice and recommendations. I really felt like I was integrated into Venice while staying there. However, probably not for children.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Anchorage, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

This hotel is an absolute gem. Tucked away behind St. Mark's Square, it is very easy to find and yet very private. The staff is as professional and warm and gracious of any 5 star hotel I have stayed in, including the Hasler in Rome and 5 star hotels in Barcelona and Madrid. In sum, it was a total win to have found this hotel. And yes, we will stay at the Locanda the next time we visit Venice. The surprise was they arranged for my husband to take Gondolier lessons! Hello to Gigi and the rest of this amazing crew. They rock!

Room Tip: The rooms are all beautifully decorated and completely soundproof. The bathroom was surprisingly la...
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Locanda Orseolo is a great place to stay while visiting Venice. The location of the hotel is very good, a one minute walk from Piazza San Marco. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The staff are very friendly and nice and will help you make dinner reservations to some wonderful Venice restaurants. Breakfast is also very good, with a nice selection of meats, cheeses, fruit and hot food. I highly recommend a stay at Locanda Orseolo when in Venice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I and my two daughters spend 4 wonderful nights at this gracious small hotel and concur with all the wonderful reviews!! The entire staff was charming and extremely helpful...we felt as if we were staying with family!!.

The hotel, while small, is beautifully appointed and lavishly decorated.We felt as if we were in a private villa! Breakfasts are varied and delicious....loved the caponata, Barbara!! My daughter Alex really enjoyed her made-to -order crepe also.

The Locanda is in a very quiet location in a small courtyard behind St. Mark's square, which is a wonderful feature given the volume of tourists in Venice. After long days of sightseeing, it was a pleasure to return to the Locanda for a glass of Prosecco to be enjoyed in the main salon prior to venturing out again for dinner.

What truly makes this hotel a standout, though, are the people who operate it. I have stayed at many hotels with good service. At the Locanda Orseolo, though, the sincerety of the entire staff shines through. A person staying here feels more like a long standing friend than a paying guest. When travelling in a foreign country, that experience is priceless!

Many thanks to Gigi, Barbara, Max, Lorenzo, Igor and Davide for your graciousness and patience in dealing with my less than perfect Italian!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

My wife, my parents and I stayed at the hotel in early December 2013. There is nothing extra i can add to the well deserved reviews of this hotel, other than to say it was a pleasure to stay there and the experience was beyond my expectations. I have been to Venice many times before and consider the location and quality of this hotel to be exceptional. What really stood out for me was the friendly feel of the place and the genuine hospitality of Gigi and Barbara.

My only advice is to simply stay at this hotel and look no further, you wont be dissapointed.

David, Cristalle Len and Denise

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a 3 night break in Venice based on its wonderful reviews and we weren't disappointed. The location is great - just off St Marks Square in a little courtyard. Our room looked over the canal which was lovely.
Every member of staff we encountered was lovely and couldn't do enough for you. The service is wonderful without being overbearing. The building has a lot of character and in December was very festive and inviting. We wouldn't hesitate to book this hotel again for our next trip to Venice.

Room Tip: We stayed in Meneghino which was overlooking the canal. There are larger rooms but this was perfect...
Boucherville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We chose Locanda Orseolo as our last segment of our honeymoon to Italy. This turned out to be an excellent choice. From our arrival to the hotel by water taxi (definitely recommended as it is complex to reach by foot with luggage), to the wonderfully decorated rooms and the staff, everything was perfect.
Every staff member we ran into during our stay (and they were there around the clock literally!) was friendly and helpful, making sure our stay in Venezia was memorable.
The breakfast buffet and homemade crepes were delicious, specially when enjoyed sitting at one of the small table over viewing the canal and the gondolas passing by.
A romantic stay in one of the most, if not, the most romantic and amazing city on earth. Thanks for everything and all the memories.
France and Martin

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Locanda Orseolo? Share your experiences!