We just returned from a three day stay. We chose this hotel because we were traveling with my husband's parents, one of which has a hard time getting around. Having a private dock (the water taxi picked us up and dropped us off right at the front door) and the vaparetto stop just outside made it easy for them to get around. The location is within a 10-15 minute walk of the Rialto bridge, St. Mark's square and the Accademia. Since the hotel is not right in the center of one specific attraction, we found the area restaurants to be less touristy (there are several within a 5-10 minute walk). The guest rooms are large and beautiful, you certainly felt like you were in Venice! We especially loved the large bathroom with the jacuzzi tub and dark green marble. The common areas downstairs are small but decorated nicely and we enjoyed the breakfast (was the same every day but had a variety of options). The hallways upstairs are in need of updating and we agree with the other reviewer that the quality of the mattress could be better, other than that-a great hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Sant`Angelo Sul Canal Grande Hotel
- Palazzo Sant`Angelo Sul Canal Grande Hotel Venice
- Palazzo Sant Angelo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palazzo Sant’Angelo is a charming boutique hotel created by the careful restoration of a former nobleman’s palace. A little pearl on the beautiful stretch of the Grand Canal, this delightful destination offers guests the use of one of Venice’s most sought-after privileges, a private boat pier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Priceline so you can book your Palazzo Sant'Angelo sul Canal Grande reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.