“Fabulous ice cream” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Mela Verde

La Mela Verde
Fondamenta de L'osmarin-Castello, 30126 Venice, Italy (Castello)
393491957924
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 1,216 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Castello
Description: My GELATO is made daily with fresh high-quality ingredients like milk, fresh fruit, pistachios from Sicily, Piedmont hazelnuts IGP, vanilla bourbon and the best cocoa blends for a fantastic dark chocolate. Every single product is choose and selected to offer the best high-quality GELATO, this is my prerogative and the secret of my success. Enjoy it ;)
UK
“Fabulous ice cream”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Just on the strength of the reviews that this little ice cream shop was getting on TripAdvisor we took a detour one afternoon to get there and I was rewarded with friendly staff (despite there being a queue for ice cream) and extremely tasty ice cream for a lot less money than I expected.

We ordered a vanilla with dark chocolate shavings mixed into it, and a pistachio, and a strawberry. I'd say for me, the strawberry with its much stronger flavours was the winner by far, the other two were a bit bland, but it was very good quality.

From what I hear, €4.50 for 3 ice creams is actually not a bad price compared with other places.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Winchfield, United Kingdom
“Really delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Looking for restaurants local to our hotel, I discovered this Ice Cream bar was the ranked third of the restaurants in Venice. Being a couple of doors down from our hotel we couldn’t resist!

The gelato is excellent – really flavourful and creamy – it just might mean that you can no longer buy it from anywhere else!

Good to know that they don’t take cards (but is definitely worth a trip to an ATM!)

Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great ice cream, price is fine too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Great ice cream, price is fine too. Patient while we picked the flavors we wanted. Well worth waiting in the queue.

Surrey, Canada
“So delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is one of the best places to get gelato. In our trip to Italy, my husband and I tried every uand when we went to La Mela Verde, we were adventurous in the flavours we picked. No matter what you get, it is incredibly delicious. I highly recommend going there more than once - you get different selections each day.

We went here based on a tripadvisor review and we did have some trouble finding it. The address is correct but the name of the place is different (I don't recall it). Just know that this is the only gelato place on the street so you can't go wrong finding it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Right up there with the best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Their mela verde (green apple) is obviously their signature dish, and is a very welcoming light and fluffy texture - a must try. THE must try is their pistachio flavor - absolutely the best pistachio gelato I've had throughout my 2 weeks in Italy. All other gelaterias' pistachio always had a hint of almond essence taste. This one simply tastes solely of pistachios - wonderful!! Amazing!!

This rates alongside Rome's "il Gelato di San Crispino" (their honey flavor) gelataria as the best gelatarias in Italy based on my trip.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere