“So delicious!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Mela Verde

La Mela Verde
Fondamenta de L'osmarin-Castello, 30126 Venice, Italy (Castello)
3491957924
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 1,211 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Castello
Description: My GELATO is made daily with fresh high-quality ingredients like milk, fresh fruit, pistachios from Sicily, Piedmont hazelnuts IGP, vanilla bourbon and the best cocoa blends for a fantastic dark chocolate. Every single product is choose and selected to offer the best high-quality GELATO, this is my prerogative and the secret of my success. Enjoy it ;)
Surrey, Canada
“So delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is one of the best places to get gelato. In our trip to Italy, my husband and I tried every uand when we went to La Mela Verde, we were adventurous in the flavours we picked. No matter what you get, it is incredibly delicious. I highly recommend going there more than once - you get different selections each day.

We went here based on a tripadvisor review and we did have some trouble finding it. The address is correct but the name of the place is different (I don't recall it). Just know that this is the only gelato place on the street so you can't go wrong finding it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Singapore, Singapore
“Right up there with the best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Their mela verde (green apple) is obviously their signature dish, and is a very welcoming light and fluffy texture - a must try. THE must try is their pistachio flavor - absolutely the best pistachio gelato I've had throughout my 2 weeks in Italy. All other gelaterias' pistachio always had a hint of almond essence taste. This one simply tastes solely of pistachios - wonderful!! Amazing!!

This rates alongside Rome's "il Gelato di San Crispino" (their honey flavor) gelataria as the best gelatarias in Italy based on my trip.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bucharest, Romania
“Best icecream in Venice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I warmly recommend this place if you are an icecream fan:))
I liked all sorts of flavours, especially the vanilla one.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great but small scoops”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

This place has great gelato, I had four scoops. The scoops are very small, but the gelato is really good. I liked the Spritz, loved lemon and red grapefruit. The best was the pistaccio, best pistaccio I have ever had! Would definately go back, even though the four scoops was like two scoops at other places...

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Scream for this ice cream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

There is lots of ice cream to be had in Venice, much of it is delicious but this place is special. Interesting flavours which vary daily, quality, natural and fresh ingredients. Prices compare with most in Venice, but the product and flavours excel. Make sure you try it BUT be warned - flavours run out and opening hours aren't as late as some other ice cream shops(11-8), so don't leave it too late in the day!

Visited May 2013