“Fantastic accommodation in a wonderful city” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Santa Margherita Guesthouse

Save Saved
You added Santa Margherita Guesthouse to your Saves list
Santa Margherita Guesthouse
Dorsoduro 2885 - Calle Delle Pazienze 30123 Venezia, 30123 Venice, Italy (Dorsoduro)   |
Ranked #79 of 418 Venice B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Fantastic accommodation in a wonderful city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Santa Margherita Guesthouse is without a doubt one of the best,its got everything one could need for a most enjoyable and comfortable trip to Venice.From the first time I emailed Maria to the moment we shook hands as we left all communication was thorough,pleasant,so helpful and positive.Maria,her family and staff maintain the guesthouse excellently and there is such a lovely homely feeling here.The area is beautiful,very central and ,as with Venice in general,very safe.My daughter spent 2 weeks here before we,the rest of the family,joined her,she loved it and felt secure and at home here.Piazalle Roma proved perfect for parking,Friday morning,late June,no queues,and its just ten minutes walk from car park to the guesthouse.Breakfast,air-con and delicious expressos all perfect,rooms spotless and with all the little extras to make your stay effortless.What more can I say except thank you sincerely to Maria,family and staff for everything and arriverderci for now.

• Stayed June 2013

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lymm, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

What a joy it was to stay at Santa Margherita Guesthouse. Located in a peaceful area of Venice, interact with locals, enjoy easy access to all major sights, vaporetta, bus and train station. Maria is an outstanding host, who offers outstanding information and service. I was in contact with Maria before we arrived and she replied very quickly with more information than I had request including information on all the ways to get to the guesthouse. We were greeting by the delightful Antonella, who much to our relief spoke excellent English, our Italian is non existent but we had a lovely chat and a coffee before being shown to our delightful and immaculately clean rooms. During our stay we ventured outside of Venice, Maria provided exceptional knowledge, timetables and easy ways of getting about. The lovely courtyard and kitchen made for some lovely evening relaxation. Not to mention the great coffee for breakfast. An easy walk to the Billa gives the freedom to have a night in enjoying the courtyard. Everything about the Guesthouse is wonderful Maria cant be faulted or any of her staff a rare find in Venice. I cant recommend it highly enough, don't think about, choose Santa Margherita for you next Venice break.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Graz
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Kudos to Maria and the staff of Santa Margherita Guesthouse! Excellent hospitality even before we confirmed our reservation up until our checkout time.

Breakfast offered are pre-packed sweet breads, short cakes, and pastries. Fresh fruits like bananas, apples, and oranges are also served. Kitchen appliances are quite complete for breakfast preparation. Guests will not have any difficulty cooking there own food if needed.
As for the coffee in the kitchen, I think it is the best espresso I have had during breakfast!

The location is in a quiet residential area where one can see the everyday life of normal Venetians. Finding the place is not very difficult. Maria provided maps/instructions on how to best find the place. Also, we found it is a very easy walk from from Ca'Rezzonico stop of the Vaporetto line number 1. Just walk about 300m into the alley on the left side of the boat stop.

From the guesthouse to the tourist locations, one can either use the Vaporetto to travel via the Grand Canal or the alternate way of getting lost and walking around Venice. Directions/signs are common on walls or street corners, may these be official sign boards or some wall scribbles for lost tourist. I would prefer getting lost in Venice as it is quite an adventure!

I would like to thank Maria and the staff of Santa Margheritta for the excellent stay we had! I would definitely book another stay here if the opportunity comes. Also, I would highly recommend this guesthouse to my family and friends who wish to visit Venice.

I think after tiring yourself in walking around Venice for the whole day, going back to the guesthouse is simply like you are just going to your own home.

Lyon, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights the Santa Marherita was very nice. Maria was very helpful in giving us information on how to get to the guest house and also provided some good recommendations for eating. The location is in a quiet area of Venice but still an easy walk to most of the attractions. The breakfast was simple,mostly prepackaged pastries that was self service. The little garden off the hall was nice to enjoy our breakfast. The value was good for this hotel as Venice hotels tend to be on the pricier side

high wycombe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I have just returned from a 3 night break in Venice and I had to write a review for Maria at Santa Margherita guesthouse as we couldn't have wished for better hospitality. I spent months pouring over websites trying to find the perfect place to stay and nothing seemed right until I stumbled across Santa Marherita guesthouse.

From the moment I sent my first email to Maria she was beyond helpful, always answering all my queries promtly and offering extra information without me even asking such as the correct bus to catch from the airport, the route number, timings and attaching maps and suggesting lovely restaurants to eat in.

We arrived quite late at night but Antonia was there on the end of the phone, guiding us the last few steps to the front door and warmly welcoming us in.

The guesthouse only has 6 rooms i think and no manned reception so is lovely and quiet, apart from the bell tower nearby but a few vinos each night soon made sure we were sleeping through the chimes.

The rooms were cleaned daily and kept spotless as was the rest of the guesthouse and either Antonia or Maria were always about in the morning if we had any questions.

I think the guesthouse is perfectly placed in the Dorsoduro area, just off a small canal and only a few minutes walk to nearby restaurants and bars. It is also very close to the bus station, only a 10 minute walk so no need to catch a water taxi.

All in all a superb stay and I would not hesitate to recommend Santa Margherita to friends and family, thank you Maria!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

A truly enchanting 4 days in Venice with my husband made all the better by staying at this lovely guest house. The cleanliness and comfort of the room was excellent and a perfect base to explore the whole city from. Away from the beaten track but perfect for getting to all the sites. I loved it! Breakfast for me was perfect as I love muesli. Not so good for the the more traditional breadfasters like my husband though. Would have been great if they had a toaster. Still, not a problem as eating out in Venice was superb too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Maria is the most wonderful host who made my friends and I feel very welcomed. She runs an exceptionally clean and comfortable guest house in the Campo Santa Margherita district which is close to all the usual sights but you get the benefit of being a little off the tourist trail and a feel for the real Venice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Santa Margherita Guesthouse? Share your experiences!