“great hotel and location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #24 of 383 Hotels in Venice
australia
“great hotel and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel before and again enjoyed our visit to this hotel. It is in a great location close to the ferry terminals and restaurants. The reception changed our room when we did not like the room given to us and gave us the room we previously stayed in. Also they gave us a bottle of prosecco for coming back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We booked the room 7 ( duplex suite ) for our honeymoon for 4 days. Unfortunately, we arrived a day later because of air control traffic strike.

Giovanni, head receptionist, helped us very well and made us feeling like home as soon as we arrived. His service is top class : Thank you Giovanni to you and all your colleagues!

The hotel is very high standard, the design is perfect.

The room itself (room 7) was amazing, huge with a comfy bed, amazing bathroom with jaccuzzi and huge shower.

We chose the honeymoon package so we had a bottle of bubbly on our arrival, with fresh flowers, gondola trip and a romantic diner at La Carravella, where the food was so good, faultless service and warmth welcoming.

Hotel location is also perfect as it 5-10 mn walk from Piazza San Marco, very touristic square, but we stayed in a quiet and beautiful area, away from the Venitian madness.
Breakfast was very good, lot of choice and service very friendly and professional.
I recommend this hotel to everyone!!! And we will definitely go back there.

We loved our trip to Venice, and this is mainly thank to you, Ca Pisani dream team.

Once again, thank you Giovanni.

Nico & Simon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
NAPLES FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I love this hotel, I have stayed here before a couple of years ago and they still have the same classy, top of the line ambience. The staff are outstanding and extremely accommodating in every way, from booking restaurants and assisting in arriving to and from the hotel. It is in a convenient location and has a great restaurant on the premises. The rooms are beautifully decorated with the outstanding Art Deco I so much admire...Bravo again Ca'Pisani for a wonderful experience!

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Having stayed here about 10 years ago I thought I knew the hotel and I thought that we would like it. The occasion was a celebration of some sort and we had more than one room in the hotel over 4 nights.

Location/ Rooms
As has been highlighted by others the location is very good and probably its main selling point. The rooms are nicely decorated but can be very dark depending on which floor you are on. We were in a superior room, however it was on the ground floor and we looked straight into the wall of the building next door. The room didn't have much daylight so I if you want to stay here I would ask for a room high up. Other guests in our party moved room because of this.
The bedlinen had several holes in it where many had been repaired, not something that I expect from a 4 star hotel.

We found the overall service to be very flaky and inconsistent. Reception staff were generally a bit unfriendly and unwelcoming, and anything we asked for was done more with a sigh than with a smile. They lacked in social skills and did not manage to be socially friendly with the guests. A hotel with only 28 rooms one would imagine that it should be easy to say good morning and how are you when you are at reception - as a minimum, however we would normally be the ones saying good morning. An example for the lack of social skills was when the reception organised concert tickets for us one night, and the next day there wasn't a word about how was the concert or anything along those lines. Minor things but they all made the experience not as nice as it could have been. We generally felt a bit unwelcome and all commented on this to each other on several separate occasions.
The nicest staff were the housekeeping staff by far.

Amenities
The hotel has one proper hairdryer that you can borrow, however they ask for a €20 deposit for this. I cannot understand why they cannot just put it on the room as they know who is borrowing it, but instead they ask that the guest present themselves at reception with a €20 note. This I can understand in a 2 star hotel but not in a 4 star hotel.
There is a gym close by that guests can use (apparently), however when I asked the evening staff about this the man did not know anything about it and he didn’t offer to find out either.

Breakfast
Overall good, however there wasn’t any fresh bread on any of the days we were there except for the last morning. There was (hard) slices of bread for toasting and white sausage type buns only. The owner has commented that breakfast is very good at the hotel as a response to other reviews, however she should do some research into what other hotels are offering and as a minimum should offer fresh bread.

We travel a lot and stay in lots of different hotels, from the larger chain hotels to the smaller boutique hotels like this one. Overall I have not had a worse experience regarding service and welcome/friendliness by the staff than at this hotel.

When paying over €350 per night per room this is not acceptable and we are not likely to stay here again.

Room Tip: room 29 is only room with any kind of view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
serandreica'pisani, Owner at Ca' Pisani Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
dear Vikingtours,
I read your review with much attention and am sorry to know that you have not been satisfied about your stay.
if you decided to stay again with us 10 years after your first stay, it means that the first experience was a positive one, so I can understand your disappointment, even if I must add a few comments from my side (and the one of the staff).
your room was not on the ground floor because we have no rooms there, but on the mezzanine: of course there are rooms on the upper floors with more light and in fact we moved your parents to the second floor (honestly, the room they were given overlooks the main street and with 3 windows it is usually quite light. unfortunately during your stay we had mainly very grey days when all looks dark and sad).
I do not agree with your comments on the reception staff because as you have probably read in previous reviews, 99% of our guests is extremely happy about the staff, but of course I can not change your way of feeling, so if this is your thought I am not going to make you change it. but, on the other side, I would like to underline the fact that you probably are the 1% who did not enjoy the serive given by Giovanni and his colleagues. the rest of your party was absolutely serene and I had the chance to chat with your parents during the 'happy hour' on friday evening. they told me everything was fine (with the exception of their changing the room from the mezzanine to the second floor, but your mother added that it was for sure a very personal request, and probably the room was not as dark as she saw it...), so I was happy to hear that.
as for the hair dryer, I travel extensively both for business and leisure and in many many places a deposit is asked for borrowing adaptors, hair dryers etc. etc. especially because a 'hotel' style hair dryer is in all bathrooms, so that is a plus usually some women ask when they have particular hair styles.
the gym is close by and we have many guests going: unfortunately the guy whom you asked started to work for us only a couple of weeks ago and probably this info was unknown to him: this is not an excuse, because he should have called a colleague, and I talked about this with him already. sorry the inconvenience.
last, but not least, I spoke with the restaurant manager because I was really surprised and he confirmed that we receive fresh bread every single day (excluding sunday) from the bakery on Giudecca island: we receive rye bread, 'ambrogini', small breads with milk and wholemeal ones, plus the sliced one ('ciabatta') which can be toasted. it is not me who commented that breakfast is very good here, but almost all guests commenting this service we offer.
I would also like to add that it is not true that room 29 is the only room with any kind of view. to be honest, I really appreciate comments and critics, of course, but they have to be real, so unless you have seen all the 29 hotel rooms it is not fair that you write something absolutely incorrect.
again, I am really sorry if you did not enjoy your stay, and would love to have the chance to make you change your mind, but have a doubt, that is if for any reason you arrived somehow biased towards the hotel, considering you complained on your arrival about the shuttle and maybe this ruined your entire stay?
all the best, and thank you for the time spent on writing the extensive review,
marianna serandrei
Alamo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Loved the location, we could walk everywhere and were right next to the Academia. Our room was great, clean and nicely appointed and also had turn down service. We especially appreciated all the help we received from Giovanni. He was so gracious and helpful. Thank you for a great stay, we hope to be back one day.

• Stayed May 2013
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We spent 4 nights in this hotel in April 2013.
Very well located, nice terrace, friendly staff, good breakfast.
We had a very beautiful and peaceful suite.
It was a present for my birthday and I loved it!
To be recommanded

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Great position - quiet but near enough to everything you want to see on a quick trip toVenice. Very roomy and comfortable, though the mattresses could be a softer. Staff very friendly and helpful. Arty and funky.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Ca' Pisani Hotel? Share your experiences!