“Loved it” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Generator Venice

You added Generator Venice to your Saves list
Generator Venice
1.0 of 5 Hostel   |   Via Fondamenta delle Zitelle 86, 30133 Venice, Italy (Giudecca)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #18 of 170 Specialty Lodging in Venice
Certificate of Excellence 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“Loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Great place, clean and very friendly personnel. It was lovely to meet people from different countries in this one place. Breakfast was nice. Maybe a little more variety would be great. But for a low cost hostel, the food was great.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Pros:

I like the accessibility of this hostel.
The bed is cozy and you have a little of privacy.
The toilets are clean.

Cons:
Customer service of the receptionists need training.
I stayed at room 102 and the music down the level is noisy.

Would recommend to find a higher level or make a timing when to stop the music.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

Understandably staying in a hostel you are not expecting fancy accommodation or services , but you do at least expect normal standard features. I stayed in a room which was accommodated for 16 girls , it was nothing but small cramped and horrible! I was drawn to tears when I realised that there was only two showers to share for the WHOLE of the third floor not just my room ! These were unisex! I was mortified as a young girl you do not want to shower with the prospect of a male unknown to walk in as there was no locks and the shower doors were transparent !! This was the same for the toilets as they was only reachable if you past the showers for everyone to see! Having been in a few rooms downstairs they did have more better conditions the boys room has there own on suite ! So if your thinking of booking I would stay clear of having a room on third floor. Other then that the bar had a dj which is right up your street for a young adult and the location was picture perfect! Oh they state they have hair dryers - no .. Dressing tables - no - private lounge area - no so be aware there website is full of false advertisement :(

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Good hostel, great common areas, breakfast a good option with fresh rolls and fruit juice etc. Clean, modern, good wifi coverage. Convenient location. Cost of ferries to get there is expensive but that's not the hostels fault and you'd want to ride on them anyway, buy a multi day ticket.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here for 2 nights recently this April in a 12 person mixed room. Although I thought that might initially be too many, the set up of the beds is really well done, they're each kind of their own cubby that blocks out light, and each person gets a storage bin under the beds for their stuff they can lock up if desired. Also each bed has it's own power outlet and night like which I always enjoy. It's all very new and very clean, even the bathroom and showers were super modern. The styling of reception and the bar downstairs is way better than any hostel I've stayed in before, felt more like a nice hotel. The hostel is located on a separate island from the main attractions, so you must take one of the boat buses to get there which can be expensive if you don't get the pass since it's 7 euro each trip. My recommendation if you're under 25 is to get the "rolling venice" card which gets you a 3 day boat pass for 24 euro total, which ends up being a great deal and makes exploring all the venice islands much more accessible. Bar and restaurant staff were all very friendly, and the food was good as well. This place might be a bit pricer than some, but I managed to book one of my nights as a special deal for 18 euro, something I think they do frequently, which made it a complete steal. Also the view from out front is incredible ;) Would highly recommend.

Dear Maddie S,

Wow, thank you for sharing your wonderful review online. It's amazing to hear that we have managed to meet your expectations and be a part of your memorable trip to Venice.
We hope your will choose again #GenVenice for your next trip in our amazing city

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is the third generator hostel I've stayed in, always good, clean, good privacy boards on beds, with own lights and plug sockets. Nice showers and lovely bedding. Great bar too - lovely irish barman!
Anywhere in venice is a good location because of how small it is, but expect to pay for the water buses, it can't be avoided being on the wrong side if the island!
I was staying in a female dorm, which was on the top floor, all beams exposed but the room next door was only separated by glass higher than the ceiling which meant the noise carried so easily.

Dear Laura M,

Many thanks for having shared your review on Tripadvisor
It’s glad to hear from you that you are satisfied with our staff, cleanliness and facilities. The hostel is located on Giudecca island, connected by waterbus service working 24/7. We suggest to our guests to purchase a tickets that cover the length of the stay and that allows to reach all the corners of the lagoon, including the magic islands of Burano and Murano
We do hope to welcome again in Venice or in another Generator’s hostel in Europe

swindon Wiltshire Uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed in Generator Venice for my first ever solo trip abroad, I loved it so much & it is so affordable I am going to visit Venice at least once a year & always stay here.
I had some awful bad luck on this trip & had my purse pickpocketed at the Frari church, I stupidly had cash (all of it) & card together, inexperienced travellor, took a couple of days to sort money out. But I felt safe & secure at hostel & fellow travellers brought me a meal one even left 10 euros on my bed!.

The hostel is just fabulous the communal areas are gorgeous & I could really chill out with a Cappuccino & pastry in the mornings. The showers are lovely & plenty of them never had to wait. The bunk beds ate really comfortable, I looked forward to chilling in mine after a long day site seeing, the staff are friendly & helpful, I am trying to convince my 60 year old friend to embrace the hostel.
The very very best thing about the place is the view, it has the best view in Venice, maybe some tables & chairs outside to take advantage of that would be cool.

As for people complaining about having to get a boat to the hostel, I domt understand their complaint, its freakin Venice you have to get a boat everywhere it is a city on water, get a vaporetto pass for your stay & your sorted!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Dear Stoneyrocks,

Thank you for having chosen our hostel for your stay in Venice.
We are fully committed on have a service of excellence to our guests and therefore it was with great pleasure that we read your positive comments on your experience at Generator Venice. We would like to inform you that we have shared your words with the whole team.
Trusting you will visit us again the next time you travel to Venice.

Generator Venice Team

Been to Generator Venice? Share your experiences!