“Great hostel!!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #21 of 164 Specialty Lodging in Venice
“Great hostel!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I had a great time at the Generator. The people are fun, the hostel is amazingly decorated, there's an awesome bar with great drinks, and the bedrooms are quite cozy. The only thing I actually didn't like at the Generator was the breakfast. The coffee is really bad, the juice too, the only thing that's kinda good is the yogurt. But the price for the breakfast is not included in the price of booking, so just don't pay for it and go somewhere else! Besides that, I loved staying here, and would totally come back!

Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hostel has such an amazing comfortable atmosphere- the social spaces are well designed & it's great to stay in such an interesting space. The hostel beds work really well as they give enough privacy if you need and the view across the water from the room is beautiful.
I would highly recommend this as a place to stay in Venice- just a quick vaparetto ride to San Marco. Thanks to the staff for a wonderful stay!

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Fabio M, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Generator Venice, responded to this review, yesterday
Hey Surfsupreb,

Thank you for sharing your Generator Experience after your stay with us.

I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed yourself and hope we will be seeing you at Generator Venice again soon.

Best Wishes,

Keti Camillo - Ops Manager Generator Venice
Brockton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Upon arrival, staff was welcoming and helpful. This location is on Giudecca. Beautiful views of San Marco. Price of a private room is half the price of one night on San Marco.
Bar, food, cappuccino... Did I mention views!
Being our first time, getting here was a little challenged but well worth it. We took the pricier Al Ilaguna 15€ p/p but saw a lot of the other islands along the way. I would absolutely stay here again!
Ps did I say that the staff was extremely helpful!

• Stayed December 2014
Hey BrocktonRedHead,

So amazing to hear your comments! I have already shared them with the team here!

Thank you so much and I hope we will be seeing you again really soon for your next Venice visit.

Best Wishes

Keti Camillo - Ops Manager Generator Venice
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Generator hostel did a very good job! I love this hostel very much! Is very easy to find! Dom was clean and look very presentable! Staff are very friendly! Is very reasonable price! Definitely highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Fabio M, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Generator Venice, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great comments following your stay with us in Venice, its always amazing to hear that we’ve made someone’s stay really enjoyable.
We have shared your wonderful review with our team and I am proud of our staff for making your stay comfortable and pleasant.
Thank you once again and please keep spreading the Generator word

Hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Generator Venice Team
Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were staying here with our school in october. Turns out the place is infected with bedbugs. Many people got bitten, and some even had to change hostel. When it came to us wanting a refund, only those who got bitten got their stay refunded, even though everyone had to freeze all their belongings when they got home, even rent freezer-space and so on.

I would have given them good reviews if they had taken responsibility for this, and refunded our stay. I am disappointed with Generator on this one. Usually very good hostels and service.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Fabio M, Direttore at Generator Venice, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear ErNy,,

thanks very much for posting your comment and please accept my apologies for the problem that you have encountered

We are a business that treasure on the guest feedback, in particular when is not particularly positive, please allow to rectify some of the comments posted.

The hostel is not by all means infested. We, as company take all the necessary measures to protect the building and all our guests from a hygiene point of view. Following the report we have activated 3 different companies to make an assessment.
As you well know, only a small part of the guest were directly affected, but given the circumstances, the team came in great support of the whole groups indistinguishably of the fact that some were not had a slight problem.

As from the departure, the team kept in touch with the leader, in order to complete the final assessment so that we could reach a final solution.

I personally apologize once again, and I hope you will give us another opportunity for an enjoyable stay with us. If you feel like to get in touch directly with me, my e-mail is fabio.moccia@generatorhostels.com

Best regards

Fabio Moccia
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed here with a friend in November. We stayed in an 8 bed girls room. The beds were very comfortable and there are outlets, your own little light and a shelf right in front of your pillow so very good for charging your phone/ipad while sleeping. There were also big lockers under the beds to lock away your valuables while out or sleeping (bring a small padlock). The girls in the room were very quiet and we were on the top floor so didn't hear any bar noise at all. The view out the window was beautiful as it looks across to the main entrance to Venice. It was also very handy that there was food in the evening and morning so if we were to tired to go out again it was good value to eat there. We didn't have wifi in the room but that may have been because we were on the 3rd floor. It might have worked in the hall. There are chairs to hang out in in the halls.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Fabio M, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Generator Venice, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hey Alexanderg640

Wow, Thank you for your amazing review of Generator Hostel Venice, there are so many fantastic points here that i don't know where to start!

Its fantastic that you took the time to give us such as wonderfull review, it's really useful for us, as we can use all of you're feedback to improve our services.

Be great to see you back again soon, if your ever in the area.
good luck and enjoy the rest of your travels.

Best Wishes

Keti Camillo Ops Manager Generator Venice

Been to Generator Venice? Share your experiences!