“Great location, clean, decently sized room, great staff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Adriatico

You added Hotel Adriatico to your Saves list
Hotel Adriatico
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cannaregio 224 | Lista di Spagna, 30121 Venice, Italy (Cannaregio)   |
Ranked #171 of 383 Hotels in Venice
saint louis
“Great location, clean, decently sized room, great staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

This small hotel is above a shoe store (I thought it was a good sign for a shoe addict), 5 minutes from the train station (with no bridges to cross), and near the main water transportation stations. Reception is upstairs, though, and there is no elevator. I loved the location and I was greeted by very very friendly staff. It is on Lista di Spagna (the largest and most crowded "street" connecting the train station to the Rialto area), but my window was on a side "calle" and my room was quiet. I was in a room with 3 beds and it was maybe a little tight, but... not bad. I would still say "decently sized". The bathroom was clean. Odd hair dryer that reminded me of a vacuum cleaner. Ah, the staff was great! I loved talking to Luciano! Breakfast is definitely not big, but it has the basics to get you started for a great day of exploring this great city. I would DEFINITELY recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Madrid
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

I have had the opportunity to stay in Hotel Adriatico in Venice. The property is not very big, but it's very comfy. Located near the Santa Lucía Railway Station and good connections with the most important lines of vaporetto, Hotel Adriatico offers the right place to stay when you arrive in Venice. The breakfast it's not a big buffet, but well, it has anything you can eat in the morning when you wake up. The staff is also very nice and very gentile, and they offer you a lot of information about the city and restaurants to go where meals are not so expensive like other places in Venice and in which people from the city go usually. The only problem that you can find is that if your room is orientated to Lista de Spagna, the noise can make you wake up too early. But, honestly, I would go to this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Adelaide, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

I was actually surprised about how good this hotel was, even though we booked it based on the advice provided by other guests that we read on Trip Advisor. It was extremely close to the train station, we actually walked to the hotel with all of our luggage. Upon arrival, there was a really nice man who was the single most friendly person I'd met at a hotel so far. He actually took the time to take us to our room and show us the room, rather than just give us the keys. The rooms were actually recently renevated so that were very nice. The hotel was very close to shops, food places, etc and it was easy to get around. There was breakfast included, which was a nice surprise because I didn't think we would get breakfast being a 2-star hotel. It didn't feel like we were staying in a 2-star hotel at all! MUCH BETTER than the 4-star Hilton Hotel we stayed at in Rome Fiumicino. I would definitely stay at this Hotel again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights whilst in Venice. I could not believe how close it is to the train station. We walked to the hotel with our luggage, that's how close the train station is. Most convenient! It is also very close to the water bus station. We were greeted by a very friendly gentleman and we found all the other staff members at reception to be welcoming, friendly and hospitable. The rooms were clean and roomy. Breakfast room is very small compared to other hotels I stayed at but it was cosy. The breakfast was also nice but not much variety. However it was sufficient for a good start to the day. You definitely are not hungry!

There are also inexpensive places to eat at close to the hotel that have some of the best food I've ever tried. There is a pizza and kebab place very close by that the friendly gentleman at the hotel recommended as well as other places that serve delicious food without the price tag.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Navi Mumbai, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

Great location - just a couple of minutes walk for either mode of transportation, bus/train/waterbus. Don't be fooled by the small entrance, once inside, the hotel is nothing short of a four start. Great rooms with all necessary amenities. But the one thing that made Venice one of the best experiences in Italy was the staff. Everyone was very co-operative and helpful.

We were skeptical about getting our value for money at this hotel, but at the end of our trip, we feel it was the best money spent, worth every cent.

Absolutely no complaints!
If you are planning on a trip to venice, this is one of the best places to stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Allegany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

The Hotel Adriatico was a welcome visit and had everything you could hope, we are new to travel in Europe and wonder what more one could expect from a five star hotel. Thanks for the prefect visit!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
wherever our backpacks lead us!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

A friend and I stayed here for 4 nights. The hotel is very central - so good location close to the train and bus station as well as many shops and restaurants. Although it is centrally located, you can sleep with the windows open as there is very little noise. The help with my many questions and alternations at reception was before and during our stay - excellent. The staff is friendly and always smiling, the rooms are clean, modern, well isolated and pretty and the breakfast is all you need. The only minor problem was that the room's safe wasn't working. But all in all, an excellent 2-star hotel (feels like a 3 star). Good choice and I will definitively be staying here again! Grazie!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Adriatico? Share your experiences!