“Came Back Again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Adriatico

Save Saved
You added Hotel Adriatico to your Saves list
Hotel Adriatico
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cannaregio 224 | Lista di Spagna, 30121 Venice, Italy (Cannaregio)   |
Ranked #163 of 382 hotels in Venice
Sao Paulo
“Came Back Again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The first time I stayed in Hotel Adriatico was on Oct 2008. Four years later and I was back there again.
The hotel is right close to train station, what is really convenient, and 10 minutes on foot to the bus station to/from the airport (both Marco Polo and Treviso Airpt). As mentioned before, it is located on Lista di Spagna, a busy street filled with stores, stalls, restaurants and, of course, people! Although the street gets well quieter at night and rooms count with good glasses on the windows that reduce noise, ask for rooms not facing it in case you are a light-sleeper.
Room is cozy with basic amenities needs for the stay. Nice and clean bathroom. All I needed was easily on my disposal.
Wifi is free for 30-minutes each day. Should you need more you may acquire extra time at reception.
Breakfast is simple but enogh. It is served in a really tiny place.
All the staff were very polite and friendly. After check-out they notified me by email that they charged less and asked me permission to balance the rest. It was really a mistaked I didn't notice. I had no issue with that and I felt very confident with them.
If I return to Venice I will surely book a room at Hotel Adriatico again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

375 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
El Dorado Hills, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed at the Adriatico in September 2012. The hotel is very convenient to the train station, is clean, and provides an adequate breakfast. But ... one reason we chose the hotel was that it was advertised on Expedia as providing free Wifi. When we got there, the owner said only 30 minutes were free. She relented when I complained and gave me an additional free 30 minutes (which was completely inadequate to my needs for a five night stay). But worse, when we were checking out she tried to charge me 100 euros more than the amount stated when I booked the room. She backed down on that when I showed her my printed documentation of the Expedia booking.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

When you walk out of the train station in Venice, take a deep breath, take in the view from the steps - and then turn right onto the Lista di Spagna. In a short distance, you will find the welcoming door of the Hotel Adriatico, where white marble steps will take you to a second-floor reception area right over the gift shops and restaurants that line this popular street. This recently renovated hotel is right where the action is!
The rooms a spotlessly clean, the bathrooms attractive, modern, and well stocked, there's a phone for wake-up calls and other necessities, and the ambience, above the hubub of the street, is pleasant and peaceful. Breakfast is included and there's a choice of breads and croissants, cereals, juices, yogurts, coffees and teas, and other breakfast amenities, served in a clean, modern breakfast room at one end of the reception area.
The staff speaks English, is friendly and helpful, and shared their stories of living in Venice, which were wonderful! They have maps and tourist information and are ready with advice and suggestions for enjoying this wonderfully unique city. We both loved this hotel!

Room Tip: We had the room next to the Reception desk. Only one floor up, quiet at night, and very comfortable...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Had the front room facing the street. It was very clean. Air condition worked great. Spacious (for venice) and the bed was comfortable. Bathroom was functional and clean. Great water pressure in the shower.

Breakfast was minimal but fine for us. Some breads, yogurt, fuit, and coffee.

But the staff. Carlo was our man. He loves his town and was so helpful with pointing us towards things to do, places to eat, even people to seek out at particular restaurants. He truly made our trip better and made sure we were taken care of. We even ran into him a couple times on the street and stopped to chat as though he was our old friend. Wilil definitely stay here again if we ever get back to Venice.

Room Tip: Front rooms facing the street. Its not too noisy and you get to feel Venice when you wake up and whe...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This fabulous little hotel was very clean, friendly and accommodating. All the staff spoke English and went out of their way to make my stay happy and comfortable. It is located close to the main train station making it very easy to get around. The room was small but very clean and attractive.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
frankfurt am main
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

this small hotel is on the main road and only about 10 min. walk from the piazzale roma. it is surrounded by restaurants, cafes, souvenir shops and stands, shopping. what attracted me was the modern, minimalistic style. for a petite person like me, the room size was enough but the bathroom a bit cramped. most important were the clean, fresh sheets and towels. being there on the peak of summer, the aircon didn't work when i needed it ! luckily, we got transferred to another room the next day. simple breakfast like croissant, bread roll plus jam and coffee/tea/juice were included in the price. in general, the staff was friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Darwin, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed at Adriatico Hotel end of July lovely little hotel, clean, easy to find which is a big bonus in venice,walking distance from train station nice day reception staff as they say a little Gem. Only prob was aircon did not work in one of the front rooms.Night staff at first was not going to give us another room said nothing he could do. It was so hot. He later came back and gave us another room but wanted us to move all of our stuff then it was 1am and was very tired he was refusing at first to let us in the room unless we took all of or stuff with us then. I was tired and not feeling well from the heat and I told he i could not do that and would move our clothes in the morning he finally let us sleep in the aircond room don't know what he thought we were trying to do. This room was much nicer then the first room also. After all that the rest of the stay was lovely and would recommend.

Room Tip: Clean and Value for money Ask for back rooms they seem to be bigger and nicer furniture.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Adriatico? Share your experiences!