“Nice cosy corner” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Locanda al Leon

You added Locanda al Leon to your Saves list
Locanda al Leon
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   Castello, Campo St Filippo e Giacomo, 4270, 30122 Venice, Italy   |
Ranked #40 of 433 Venice B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice cosy corner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed in this hotel for 4-5 days for a work trip and I must say it was excellent. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, who even helped me carry my luggage up to my hotel room. The room was very cosy and the toilet was very well furnished. They also provided good wifi service so that I can have instant access to the internet. Location wise, the hotel was just a 5 min walk from the St marco - st zaccaria boat stop so it is quite accessible. It was also located very near to St Marco's Square and many other attractions (5-10 min walking distance). However, do take note that the passageways outside this hotel are pretty small and narrow, so it's easy to miss this road from the boat stop.

They also provided delicious breakfast from 8am onwards. I remembered that I need to leave the hotel earlier on one of the days (around 730am), and the staff actually came earlier to prepare a takeaway set for me! This sweet gesture of hers practically made my day. All in all, I had a pleasant stay in this hotel, and would recommend it to my friends next time!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here for one night in August, and we could not have been happier with our choice. We were only in Venice for a day, so we were thrilled to be so close to Piazza San Marco, the bridge of sighs, and the other sights on our list. The staff was so friendly and helpful, and we cannot say enough wonderful things about our time with them. The hotel's breakfast was a wonderful bonus.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stayed here one night before a cruise. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. They carried our bags up the stairs and welcomed us into our room early. The room was very clean and comfortable. The location is perfect. Breakfast was good and the staff person there was very sweet. You will enjoy your stay here!

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Avila Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014 via mobile

I had reserved a different bed and breakfast. Arriving in Venice on the train, I was was confronted with a mad mix of people and boats. I was approached by a man who said he had an open boat (a porter boat used for delivering goods) and would take me to my hotel for 50 euros, which was less than a boat taxi but more than the boat bus. I am glad I agreed, because he called the B&B for directions and discovered that I had booked for a month later (my mistake) and they had no rooms. The other B&B called around and found that Locanda had a vacancy. The porter took me and my bags all the way to the door of the B&B and that is how I discovered Locanda. Was I lucky! I had a small but beautiful room on the third floor (they take your bags up and down) with WiFi, a new, modern bathroom, a refrigerator, hair dryer, and breakfast. The clerk also recommended several good restaurants nearby. The location is perfect for walking to the Piazza San Marco and getting on the vaporetto. So what could have been a travel disaster turned into a great find.

Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Midland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

We stayed in mid-October 2014. The vaporetto stop called San Zaccaria was right by the alley that we walked through to get to the hotel. By using street view on Google Maps we were able to see ahead of time right where to go. After getting off the boat it was a short walk to the hotel. We were welcomed by a kind gentleman who showed us to our room that was a quick walk across the street to the annex. We had the “Leon 2- Room with terrace overlooking the rooftop” and it was amazing! There was plenty of room and even two balconies! The main room included a kitchenette with dishes, pots, etc. as well as a stove, refrigerator, and a table to fit four people. Adjacent to the kitchen area there was a sofa (It may have had a pull out bed, we did not need it so I am not sure.) and area with plenty of room. The balcony off the kitchen/living area overlooked the alley we went down to get to the hotel. The bedroom was a bit tight, but had a full king size bed that was comfortable. The balcony in the back overlooked rooftops. We did have to walk up three flights of stairs, but they were well lit and very nice. The bathroom had a shower, toilet, bidet and sink. It also included soap, shampoo and a hair dryer. Everything was very clean. The floors were tile. We had breakfast the first day in the courtyard. Breakfast included juice, coffee, tea, yogurt, cereal, breads, fruit, and eggs; plenty to choose from. The second day we ate inside in the breakfast room because it had rained the night before and the courtyard was wet. The hotel’s location was wonderful! It was easy to get to and close to St. Marks, so if you were lost in Venice you could always get back to the hotel by following signs to St. Marks. Check out was easy and they offered to watch our bags if we wanted to tour around Venice a bit more, but unfortunately we had to leave. I would highly recommend this place. We felt it was a large room for a fair price in the middle of Venice.

Room Tip: The Leon 2 room with a terrace was great quiet and had two balconies!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

We stayed in two of the annex rooms with some family members who were visiting from the US and we really enjoyed our stay here. The rooms are comfortable and clean with a lot of local blown glass in the decor. The bathrooms actually have, wait for it,...enclosed showers which is unusual for most of the European hotels we've stayed in.

The staff were very friendly and helpful with all of our questions and recommended some good restaurants for us. The complimentary breakfast was OK but did not have a whole lot of variety to it.

The location of the hotel is excellent as it is close to Piazza San Marco, the Doge's Palace, and a major vaporetto stop.

There are more restaurants in the area than you would ever need so finding a suitable place to eat is not a problem.

This was my second trip to Venice and while it wasn't as nice as the hotel we stayed in the first time, for the value that you get for the money and the proximity to the most major Venice attractions, you absolutely can't go wrong here.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2014

We stayed here for three nights during our recent trip to Italy in October 2014. The hotel is located on a small street close to Piazza San Marco, near the Bridge of Sighs and not far from several vaporetto (water taxi) stops. We found it to be an ideal location for our stay in Venice. There are only 13 rooms so you are well taken care of. Our room was on the second (third American) floor and was very sweetly decorated with a lovely handpainted bedroom set. I felt like I was in a fairytale cottage. The bathroom was adequate with shower, toilet, bidet, sink, and one of those strange looking Italian hair dryers that really don't work that great. While there was no view to speak of, there were 3 windows for ventilation. The employees of the hotel were very helpful, efficient and friendly. While there is not an elevator, luggage is carried up by the hotel staff and really, when staying in a building with this kind of history - it is well over 500 years old - who cares if there is no elevator? If you are the type of traveler who needs every last comfort and a huge, impersonal room, this is not the hotel for you. If, however, you prefer charm, friendliness, history, a great location and to feel as though you are really staying in Venice, Italy and not the 300th hotel in a large hotel chain, this is an ideal hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for real Venetian atmosphere in a great location. There are many great restaurants, cafes, bars, and shops just steps away, not to mention being so close to Piazza San Marco. A wonderful hotel. I hope to visit Venice and stay here again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Locanda al Leon? Share your experiences!