“Decent but nothing great” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ca'Sa Linger

You added Ca'Sa Linger to your Saves list
Ca'Sa Linger
1.0 of 5 Hostel   |   Castello - San Antonin, 3541, 30122 Venice, Italy (Castello)   |
Ranked #81 of 164 Specialty Lodging in Venice
Melbourne, Australia
“Decent but nothing great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

I was only here for one night, and to my surprise they double booked my room so I had a private room for no extra charge. That was a good start. The location is pretty good. But the place is old, like very old. Where I was staying was in another building (as I got moved here when they double booked) and the key basically did not work to enter the building unless you tore the door down shaking it.

No internet is annoying. Very annoying.

Service was okay, didn´t really have them do much.

Room was old, but clean. As was the bathroom. A real get-what-you-pay-for place. I only paid 22 euro for one night

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Stockholm, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

Avoid this hostel. Yes its cheap but too cheap that you will get what you pay. For a European hostel the standard is extremely poor and low. We dont aagree that the rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. But we do agree with most of the reviews about the very poor standard, the lack of privacy, noisy staff, smelly rooms, bugs in the rooms, among others. First time (and last time) we tried a hostel in Italy. And defnitely never again Casa Linger. What a pity, because it has a good location...

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

As expected this is a budget hotel. The rooms are clean enough and a good size, but be sure to request an en suite, or else you'll end up having to wlsh past the reception desk in your towel to use the communal (tiny) bathroom.

Rumors of bed bugs are probably inaccurate, but we did experience a night of mosquitos, but a bout of Raid sorted that out.

Location wise, one cannot fault it. It is walking distance to St Marks but not near enough to annoy you with the incessant chatter of tourists at your window.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2009

Overall for the money, this place is not too bad (you are getting what you pay for). Came with a group of four. Had a private room with a bathroom and shower. Room was very big, but a bit dirty, as was the bathroom. Location was real real good and Venice is beautiful. I only spent one day here so I do not have that great of a point of view. But, I would say for the money it really is not too bad if you manage to get a private room.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

I stayed here with 2 friends and we really liked it! The room was clean and comfortable, the view was gorgeous, and it was a 10-15 minute walk from San Marco square. I would definitely recommend it to anyone. It is good value for the money.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
B'kara
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2008

It is terrible I have been there for this years carnival and this hotel if you can call so have ruined it. I have been there me and my wife and after I returned home I have to go to the docter cause my wife was covered with bed bugs bits and she have to take antibiotics for them Even when I was there I went to a chemist and she told us that those spots that she got were bits. What I am angry about is that after I send him some emails and he didn't even answer.

Stayed February 2008
Noosa, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2006

We were pleasantly surprised by this small establishment. it was in a quiet area, less than 10 minutes walk from St Mark's Square. Our room was small but comfortable and had a great view out over the roof tops and the only sounds we experienced were from the bell towers from 8am each day. It's a local's area so you passed the residents sitting in the nearby piazza or local cafes sipping coffee. For the price we felt it was good value for money.

• Liked — location, convenience
  • Disliked — lots of stair!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Ca'Sa Linger? Share your experiences!