“Will never stay anywhere else - FABULOUSS” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Centauro Hotel

You added Centauro Hotel to your Saves list
Centauro Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   S.Marco, Campo Daniele Manin, 4297/A, 30124 Venice, Italy (San Marco)   |
Ranked #141 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Melbourne, Australia
“Will never stay anywhere else - FABULOUSS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Fabulous staff, very helpful, polite and nothing is to difficult attitude. Breakfast is typical European - very adequate to get you going for the day.
Proximity to everything is great and at the same time away from the thousands of tourists when you walk 2 minutes away from the Hotel.
Rooms are not 5 stars BUT so worth staying there. Will highly recommend to all my friends.

Room Tip: We had room 1 - Double bed and a single.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My friend and I stayed here in June. Yes it is a little difficult to locate we got directions from the information booth outside the main train station and then we just asked around when we couldn't find the street in the square. But it is worth it it is so close to many of the many attractions. The room was small but thats normal in Venice main thing it was clean and we had our own bathroom. We had breakfast included which was really yummy. Staff were helpful when we needed advice on how to get to airport. Lovely stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel was very hard to locate even we were following the directions from previous Tripadvisor members. Nevertheless the location is very good and close to all city attractions. After a day one can really easy learn to navigate the streets in Venice and find his/her way around. The hotel was OK , nothing fancy. The fridge was stocked with drinks but if you drink, you pay extra(find out that this is the case with almost all the hotels in Venice). The service and the clerk in the reception(elderly gentlemen) was very nice and answered all the questions that we had regarding our visit in Venice. Will stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairburn, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Got a great rate at this charming hotel in Venice for my trip to the Biennale art expo and was very happy I did. Took the bus to Plaza Roma then the vaporatto to the stop right near the hotel. Walked to Plaza Manin and the hotel is right off the plaza. A nice gentleman welcomed me and directed me to a nice single room. The room was small and narrow yet adequate and very clean. I was thankful for the air conditioning and the flat screen t.v. on which I enjoyed BBC world news. The morning breakfast was fine. I enjoyed muesli, yogurt, boiled egg and nice pastries. If you ask they will make you a latte or cappuccino and dining room is light and well appointed. The staff give great directions and can make reservations for you if you like. The location was the best for me! I walked everywhere and preferred to be out of the touristy areas. St Marks Plaza is a five minute walk, The Biennale venues a delightful twenty minute walk away. I totally enjoyed my stay at Hotel Centauro. Venice is so beautiful and La Biennale is so worth the trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

It is located between San Marco square and the Rialto bridge, and is only a short walk from either one. It is close to restaurants and ATMs and shopping sites. If you follow the directions on the site, you will be able to find it easily.

The rooms are very Venetian, and are very secure, with a television and air conditioning. Breakfast is included in the room price and it has lots of variation and is quite decent. There is lots of info about activities in Venice available at reception. Wifi is free for the first hour, but after that it costs. It is sometimes a fast connection and sometimes a terrible one.

All the staff are extremely polite and helpful. All in all, a great place to stay in the heart of the beautiful Venice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Iowa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The hotel is in a good location...easy access to Rialto Bridge,,a vaporetto stop, Piazza San Marco, and good restaurants and shops. It was reasonably priced, and the rooms, though small, were comfortable and clean. The staff spoke English and were very helpful. There was a nice breakfast buffet. The trudge up three flights of steps with luggage was tough, but we enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

While hotel is nice and has a good location our stay was dissapointing. As we arrived we walked in behind another couple who were checking in also. They were told that there reservation had been cancelled due to am issue with a credit card and that the hotel had tried to contact them via mail. The couple was very upset and said they didn't get any letter. After some tension the hotel clerk booked them in another room mkt sure if it was for same price or type of room but they got a room. Now it was our turn. As we checked in the clerk said we had two reservations each for two rooms vs the one we should have had and we would need to pay for the first night or the second reservation. I told him I wasn't sure why that would be and I would contact Expedia to get an answer. I tried to reach Expedia and after 20 minutes of transfers and then having someone say they would contact the hotel and to hold the line I was disconnected. I didn't want to use any more minutes of expensive phone time so upon returning to the hotel I asked if they had been contacted by Expedia, they said no. So I said if we have to pay 300 US for the two extra rooms we want to use all 4 rooms the first night to which the clerk said they could give me those rooms as they were already rented. So I said I have to pay 300 US and you have re-rented them so I can't even use them?????? When we came back down to go out to eat later there was another couple that was upset the hotel didn't have there reservation correct and stormed out. So in a few short hours we and two others had issues with reservations - coincidence?? I don't think so. Other than them charging me 300 extra it was a nice hotel. I will attempt to charge back the room via my credit card

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Centauro Hotel? Share your experiences!