I stayed at this charming hotel near to Zattere about 7 years with my mother and remember having a lovely time; very simple and charming hotel, lovely antique furniture and a great location right on the Dorsoduro.
So, in view of my positive memories we booked a double room for my boyfriend's parents as a present for their golden wedding anniversary. We booked months ahead, and in order to organise everything smoothly we also booked two dinners (for Monday and Tuesday night), we booked the fish menu. Since the couple is quite old, and not used to travelling, we wanted to make everything really easy and smooth going for them. Unfortunatley, on arrival at the hotel, we found out that the hotel restaurant was closed on the Monday evening! (no one had bothered to mention this to us, even though we had paid in advance for both dinners months before). Also, the bedrom was on the 3rd floor (no lift); and there were building works going on in the guest loungs so all the guests were cramped in a very small space as half the room was out of use due to the improvement works.
- Also Known As:
- Pensione La Calcina Hotel
- Pensione La Calcina Hotel Venice
- Venice La Calcina
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Also 5 apartments available ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Venere, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Pensione La Calcina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.