* Describe the service you experienced
Black haired receptionist very friendly. many receptionists dont speak english. Thank god i speak a bit of italian. I reserved the room for a wrong date but ended up changing the plans so that i dont loose the money as nobody in the hotel could tell me whether i could come earlier.
* Tell us how you liked the room
colors are very rich and venetian red and gold. Although blue would have been more relaxing.Shower pressure is good.
* Talk about the location & amenities
Location is the best as well as the price of EUR 50 per night for a double room in Feb 2010. I liked the stairway because it was done in marble and had nice lighting. Although it is kind of narrow and steep. I liked the breakfast room because it had perfectly done marble tiles and tables and the bar. And you can look at the canal while eating breakfast. it was great to have a breakfast in the price of the room of EUR 50. We could choose from coffee (nescafe) hot chocolate and tea to have it served. Self service : fruit juice (ot 100%) cheese, ham, salami, bread buns, croissant, 2 other sweet things, 3 sorts of cereal, canned fruit, butter, nutella, honey, marmelade.
* I liked the least: the size of the room. the softness of the beds. I woke up all swallen in the morning and not rested at all. As if a truck ran me over. The room was too hot, although we turned of the air conditioning. it was supposably refurbished in 2009 but maybe not the bathroom which was also tiny . the part where the shower is attached was partly broken. and everything that used to look silver was worn out (tap etc). did not use the shower fully. I noticed some black spots in the edges of the shower (possibly mould) Sylicone should have been renewed. the wash basin was clogged instantly bidet tap also looked very used up and the part of the toilet you press to flush the water.
As everything is covered in carpet and fabric you cannot really see whether it is dirty. What also bothered me was that the floor was uneven so one cabinet looke as if it will tip over. There is a place with 5-6 hangers to hang your clothes but no real cupboard. No place but floor to put your suitcases. No mini bar. Internet you had to pay for and it did not work even in the lobby.
I would stay in this hotel for one day, not longer.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Alcyone Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alcyone Hotel Venice