“Ahhhh Venice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Saturnia & International

You added Hotel Saturnia & International to your Saves list
Hotel Saturnia & International
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Larga Via XXII Marzo 2398 | St. Marks', 30124 Venice, Italy (San Marco)   |
Ranked #35 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wilmington, NC
“Ahhhh Venice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Hotel Saturnia. The location was perfect, the staff was so warm and friendly and our room was very comfortable and spacious. Loved the roof top terrace--frequented the roof for a glass of wine or beer at the end of an afternoon before heading out for dinner or end of evening before turning in for the night. Also loved the afternoons with the shutters slightly open--we heard the serenades of the gondoliers every afternoon and it was like we were in a romantic movie.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My wife and I visit Venice each 5th wedding anniversary - and for the eighth time we stayed at the incredible Hotel Saturnia. Perfectly located near St. Marks Square and the Accademia Bridge, this hotel has been our home away from home. The front desk staff is always helpful and accommodating. Each room is delightfully different. We recommend this hotel to many friends and all have loved the experience.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife and I celebrate every 5th anniversary in Venice and always stay at the Saturnia. The staff is extremely helpful in making our stays in Venice memorable – even after eight stays. The hotel is an original with very room different and charming. Our recent stay was at the hotel was just prior to boarding a 10 day Aegean cruise. The front desk staff was wonderful and helpful as usual. Only sorry we couldn’t stay longer. We will be back soon!

Upland, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed for two nights at the Hotel Saturnia and International prior to a recent cruise. It was outstanding in every way. The hotel is not big, but our room was. In addition, it had a lot of character. A wonderful breakfast was included in the price. I would definitely stay here again. It was close to St. Marco Square and all of the touristy areas, but was a good jumping off spot if you went the other way to explore the rest of the city.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I booked at the last minute and I was lucky enough to get their last room during the Biennale week...and seemingly the last room free in Venice.I liked this hotel as it was intimate and small, and such a fabulous position.THE BEST!!!The staff were so nice.I will definitely stay there again when I travel with my daughters.Its also easy to access from the ferry that brings you into Venice from the airport.

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed one night at this very disappointing hotel in May. I was attracted by proximity to St. Marks Sq. and good TA reviews. The location was fine, but I found the hotel to be dark, old, creaking and decrepit. My room, which cost me close to 300 Euros was tiny and awful. Even the free wi-fi did not work. I realize Venice is over-priced, but surely one can do better than this dump. Avoid.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I recently stayed in Venice 13/05/2013 to 19/05/2013at Hotel Saturnia I would high recommend any one staying there its situation is 3 minutes from St Marks square the room I had was wonderful with a balcony with a view over Venice the staff were so helpful and I never felt nervous at all being on my own.
Breakfast was great and the coffee marvellous I requested a double decaffeinated expresso with hot milk on the side and this was produced every morning I was there with plently of hot or cold dishes of food.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Saturnia & International? Share your experiences!