“Wow !! You'll love it !!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Al Ponte Antico Hotel

You added Al Ponte Antico Hotel to your Saves list
Al Ponte Antico Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle dell'Aseo | Cannaregio 5768, 30131 Venice, Italy (Cannaregio)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #3 of 383 Hotels in Venice
York, Maine
“Wow !! You'll love it !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Home away from home. The location is great, the view out onto the canal is great, the rooms are great, the made to order breakfast is great, but what sets Al Ponte Antico apart is the staff. Led by the owner, Matteo, we have never felt so at home and so pampered. No stone was left upturned to make sure that our stay was memorable. To stay in a magical city like Venice and have your Hotel be one of the highlights is saying something. I apologize ahead of time if my spelling is wrong. I want to thank Romena for her warm greetings at the front desk and lovely personality. Katrina who made our breakfast so much fun and started our day out on such a high note Last but not least, Matteo, who was as gracious a person as I have ever met.

Thank You !! I know where I'm staying if we make back to Venice again.

I'm sure all the rooms are nice. We stayed in 101, which is a great location. Looks out over the canal and the Breakfast area is right outside the door. I would highly recommend taking a trip over to Burano. It is so much different than Venice and a very interesting place with the brightly colored houses. The trip out took about an hour but it was already covered as part of the public water bus pass we bought. A photographers dream !

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

After a wonderful week of skiing in the dolomites, this hotel was all I needed! Due to its location, we had easy access to all major attractions but could also retreat whenever we wanted to. Matteo and his team are simply superb.

After a long day of walking around, you can go out to the terrace and enjoy your favorite drink while watching the gondolas go by. The views are simply breathtaking over the Rialto bridge.

Kudos to Matteo and his family for discovering this gem and turning it into one of the finest boutique hotels of Venice.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We have just returned today from Venice and I couldn't wait to post my review. Just as with all the other comments, I cannot compliment Matteo and his staff enough. I have never been greeted as warmly and their tips and recommendations helped to make our anniversary stay very special. Due to exceptional high tides, we had to vacate our suite for one night, but they were so helpful that this all just added to our adventure. Breakfast was also a lovely relaxing experience with freshly cooked omelettes. I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel and would love to return.

Room Tip: For a special treat, choose the junior suite with a view onto the Grand Canal.
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Words cannot describe this hotel! It was a wonderful experience from beginning to end. Matteo and his team are wonderful, they make you feel at home, special and that nothing is too much trouble for them. The attention to detail is unbelievable! We have stayed in many hotels but this is an experience that will be very hard to top! Go and stay there, allow yourself to be spoiled! The location could be better, the building and rooms are beautiful and Matteo's amazing breakfasts are hard to beat!
An unforgettable experience and I cant wait to go back!

Room Tip: the Delux room was amazing but all the rooms are great.
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

It's true! Just as many reviewers have indicated - this is a gem. The staff is amazing. They know your name when you arrive and great you by name the entire stay. Fantastic location. Walking distance to many attractions, shops, and restaurants. We enjoyed breakfast and evening drinks in the fabulous balcony overlooking the canal and Rialto bridge. Wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Bovec, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I chose this hotel because of references on tripadvisor. I must say that I was pleased with the hotel and its interior. Because I booked the hotel in the last minute I got a good price- i hope. We were staying at junior suit which is very beautiful and large room with view on the famous bridge Ponte di Rialto. The staff was very friendly, the use of wifi is free. The only small problem that I saw were small damages on the interior, but you need to have realy good eye. On the end I recomend the hotel specialy for the cuples.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Just back from a 4 night stay in Venice for my birthday and sadly only stayed in this magical hotel for the one night however what a fantastic introduction to a truly magical place. We were made to feel so welcome, special. The service is impeccable!!! It's an amazing building - the décor stunning and very comfortable and very well positioned to get around Venice. There is a lovely balcony over looking the canal where we enjoyed a welcome drink although we stayed in January! We are already planning our next visit and won't be staying anywhere else - it really is a fantastic experience...thank you so much...Sarah and Jon

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Al Ponte Antico Hotel? Share your experiences!