“Regal Excellence” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Al Ponte Antico Hotel

Save Saved
You added Al Ponte Antico Hotel to your Saves list
Al Ponte Antico Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle dell'Aseo | Cannaregio 5768, 30131 Venice, Italy (Cannaregio)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #4 of 382 hotels in Venice
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Regal Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Matteo , along with the his entire staff , made me feel so welcome , after first meeting ,all knew and remembered my name. !!!! The ambiance was so very regal , the location perfect, overlooking the Rialto Bridge, just breathtaking. Many happy moments were spent on the balcony, glass of wine in hand watching the activity on The Grand Canal. This amazing restored 14th century Palace will be the one and only residence for me when visiting Venice next time. I have a strong feeling the same fantastic staff will be there, they are so much like a wonderful proud family, who cherish this Gem in Venice. It was with a very heavy heart, And a farewell glass of wine compliments of the Hotel, that I was fare welled by Staff as I left by Water Taxi ( from their private pontoon) No struggling over cobblestones and bridges with luggage here.!!! You made it perfect !! I WILL BE BACK

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

793 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We were lucky to stay at this most charming hotel in September 2012.Not only did we have the best room in the hotel(108),but it was the first stop on our 4 weeks in Italy,it did not disapoint.
The owner,Matteo, and staff, especially Oliver, treated us as friends not strangers.Their passion for the hotel and Venice was very evident.We enjoyed every moment of our stay and would never conisider staying anywhere else when we are ever in Venice.

Room Tip: room 108 gives you the most magical experience.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Location was excellent and the drinks and breakfasts on the porch overlooking the Grand Canal were a treasured experience. But I think the warm and caring attitude of the entire staff made this a most memorable place to stay. My only question is why are there seemingly no radios in hotel rooms in Italy?

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Just return from the Al Ponte Antico Hotel. We choice the hotel base on the review in trip advisor,
spent our holidays there. The service is excellent, the location is perfect, only negatives: need improvement on theres aminities.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Gurnee, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I visited Venice for the first time in September 2011. I was very impressed by this small but luxurious hotel. The owner Matteo is such a caring, energetic person. He takes great pride in his hotel and his staff. He goes out of his way to make your stay there an exceptional experience. But he isn't the only one. His entire staff is so courteous and welcoming. We arrived at the hotel on my birthday and that evening when we returned from dinner Tomas greeted my husband and I with a glass of champagne and offered my a "Happy Birthday" wish. The only way he had known this was by looking at my passport . I was so impressed that he was so thoughtful in acknowledging my birthday like this. Our room was simply beautiful. It was very nice size room facing the canal. It was decorated in pure Venice fashion and I loved it. And as many others have said the balcony overlooking the canal is the best part of this hotel. A great place to set and eat a bite or drink a glass of wine. I will always stay at this hotel when I visit Venice.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Matteo and Oliver were wonderful hosts for us and our friends. The rooms were very nice and bathrooms larger then expected. The location is centrally located and easy to access from almost anywhere in Venice. The key to loving this place though is the service. They make you feel at home as if you were long lost friends. The breakfast with eggs was great and the outdoor patio overlooking the Grand Canal was a great place to hang out before dinner.

Room Tip: Inside rooms are better values since you have a open terrace patio to admire the canal.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My high rating for this property is based heavily on the wonderful treatment we received from all of the staff. Add to that an ancient but beautifully maintained house overlooking the famous Rialto Bridge in the centre of old Venice. What more do you want???

The staff were all incredibly attentive, friendly and helpful, they will all be long remembered.

The building is a real treat to inhabit. Our room was spacious, moderately luxurious, had a quiet and effective air-conditioner, a tremendous sense of history and was nice and quiet. The bathroom was modern, clean and well appointed.

The breakfast buffet was very good and included great custom made omlettes, cappuccino, cold cuts, croissants, etc., plenty to set you up for the day. If it is raining the breakfast room is a delightful place to eat, very palatial in a compact sort of way. But if it's not raining you MUST use the patio overlooking the Grand Canal and the Rialto bridge, it's awesome!

I mentioned to one of the staff that a friend had given us a very nice bottle of champagne and would we be able to drink it on their patio? Not only did he indicate that we could do so without paying corkage, he happily produce two glasses and a bowl of potato chips. How nice was that?

This place only has nine rooms so I hope this and the other glowing reviews won't mean they will be fully booked next time we are in Venice, this is now our first choice hotel in the city.

Room Tip: They only have nine, I suspect they are all pretty nice, ours certainly was and the few other guests...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Al Ponte Antico Hotel? Share your experiences!