“Good mix of italian/asian” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Luna Sentada

Luna Sentada
Sestiere Castello 5018 | Campo San severo, 30122 Venice, Italy (San Marco)
+39 (0) 413097891
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #332 of 1,193 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Asian, Italian, Singaporean
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: San Marco
Wellington, New Zealand
“Good mix of italian/asian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Although we had the traditional italian fare (we seem to be specialising in sepie and fegato alla veneziana) it was interesting to see that the menu had a crossover to asian, reflecting the owners travels. Also had a variety of cicchetti (tapas plates) and interesting contorni/insalate dishes.

The food was good, friendly waiter/owner (?) who was prepared to chat as it wasn't busy the night we were there, and a pleasant place. A bit pricey, but not too bad.

Worth trying.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Seattle, Washington
“A fabulous birthday dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Luna Sentada was recommended to me as a special place to have my birthday dinner. I checked the website and told my friends that is where I wanted to go. Something different as others have said. Traveling with Marco Polo from Venice to the Orient and back again. This restaurant was recommended by my landlord who described it a bit to me. I couldn't help but remember what I had read of Marco Polo's journeys and this appealed to me...the Moorish influence in Venice, the whiff of the Orient..spices, wood smoke, the bells of the caravan tinkling in the distance under star dusted skies.That is what my imagination said. I went with a spirit of adventure. And when the item recommended to me by my landlord said "six surprises" I said, surprise me. I was delighted with the "little tastes" of a variety of things, for my main course I had salmon perfectly done with with vegetables in foil and for dessert the Tiramisu. I was treated like a combination of old family friend and visiting royalty. It was a delightful special occasion experience. I cannot say anything about the wine list as I do not drink alcohol.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan, United States
“Perfection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

A fantastic surprise. Decor, warmth of the owner and server, unbelievable menu featuring seafood, asian and italian fusion. Excellent local wine. Treated us like close friends.

Visited September 2012
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Lovely surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stumbled upon this restaurant while wandering the streets during the afternoon, liked the idea of the Italian/Asian fusion and made a reservation. SO glad we did! After reading the TripAdvisor reviews, my husband and I decided to try the "Viaggio Gastronomico" which was a tray containing 6 surprise dishes. Each dish was unique, refreshing and delicious. We loved it - a huge step up from the pasta/pizza we had the night before and very reasonably priced (50 euro for our meals and a bottle of water). Nice atmosphere, good service - highly recommended!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely Cosy Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We were staying in the Palazzo Priuli Hotel and was told this was "their" restaurant so thought we would try it. It was literally 2 minutes walk from our hotel. It is a very small restaurant, I would say no more than 15 - 20 covers on the inside, maybe 4 - 6 covers outside. Booking is a must. It has a very cosy and romantic feel about it and the waiter was discreet but attentive. The food has a very asian influence and portions are small but satisfying.

• Visited October 2012