“Horrible, there are better places for gluten-free pasta” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Stockholm, Sweden
“Horrible, there are better places for gluten-free pasta”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I went here after seeing reviews about this being a gluten-free restaurant. First of all, the young waiter didn't seem to enjoy his work at all, he looked like he wanted to be somewhere else. I informed him about being gluten intolerant and he came up with suggestions for me, which all sounded good. Basically I could choose anything on the main menu, but the would just replace the pasta with non-gluten. I asked for the lobster pasta and my husband had a classic pizza. We ordered a bottle of wine, which he uncorked but didn't bother to fill our glasses. Then he placed a basket with bread next to me, which l then assumed was for me. When I had eaten two slices of bread, he returned and looked at me annoyingly and tells me " I hope you didn't eat that". What?? And he did not even apologize for putting the bread next to me. Of course I thought it was gluten-free, it did have that "strange" taste like most gluten free bread have.

We were hungry and did just want to eat and leave, and after finishing the antipasti and main course which was no joy for me, we had to wait 45 minutes before he cared to clean the table and another 30 min to get us the bill. And the final: they charged 25 euros for my pasta, which only costed 12. 13 euros extra for some gluten-free pasta? I'm glad to never return again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Arabic first
Cotswolds
“Lovely Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We sat outside by the canal and watched the boats going up and down as we ate wonderful huge pizzas. Very good service and reasonably priced.

Visited October 2013
Leamington Spa, England, United Kingdom
“Poor value for money, nice location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

We did not check Trip Advisor reviews in advance which was a mistake! Nice location next to the canal which was pretty and candlelit. In summary - food: OK, service: a bit random and price: high. Would not recommend.

Chose the lobster spaghetti special at €25 (prima course): lobster was pretty tough and rather overwhelmed by the tomato sauce. Followed by sea bass which was very average at a hefty €28 with €6 for a very dull dry mixed salad. My husband fared better but was still underwhelmed.

Waiter serving us was keen but inconsistent: did well upselling specials and sides, managed to find me a small sea bass so I could avoid the min 2 order, but failed to remember our next drinks order.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Preston
“nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Ate here on our first night in Venice. Sat outside enjoying the activities along the canal. Food and service were good.

Visited August 2013
Venice, Italy
“Aussieanna”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This restaurant looked very pretty with big umbrellas on the quayside beside a small canal. Initial impressions were good. The table was wiped for us! Menus arrived quickly and we ordered drinks. The owner came recommending we try a more expensive, special red wine other than the Chianti we had ordered. As we were on holiday we went for this and it was very good. After a reasonable wait our starters arrived - proscuto and melon. You can't really go wrong with this in Venice! Then we waited, and waited and waited for our main to arrive. After an hour we asked a waitress if she could see where our food was. She said it would be 2 minutes! 20 minutes later we went to speak to the owner. He said it would be 5 minutes. Obviously our order had been forgotten. Food was OK when it arrived apart from the fries which were only half cooked. We were offered free Lemoncello as a 'sorry' but no adjustment to the bill even for the fries. We would not go there again. A very disappointing evening.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere