“A wonderful few days” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Gritti Palace

You added The Gritti Palace to your Saves list
The Gritti Palace
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Campo Santa Maria del Giglio 2467, 30124 Venice, Italy (San Marco)   |
Ranked #3 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Bristol, United Kingdom
“A wonderful few days”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have just returned from three days at the Gritti Palace which we enjoyed immensely. A lovely hotel in a super location, and the staff are uniformly excellent. The restoration has been very successful. This is one of the best located hotels on the Grand Canal because it fronts directly on the water (others look towards the water over busy promenades and waterbus stops) and also has a terrace, and the view from it would be hard to beat.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ExecOffice-HtlGritti, General Manager at The Gritti Palace, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I wish to thank you very much for your kind comments referred to your recent visit. I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed immensely your stay at the Gritti, both for the attitude of our staff that you rated as excellent as well as for the renovation works and the location of our Palace.

It has been a pleasure to have you among our valuable Guests and I sincerely hope to have the privilege and the opportunity to welcome you back to Venice in a near future.

Paolo Lorenzoni

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the GRITTI palace on Fri 28th of Feb for 4 days leaving on weds 3rd of march 20009,I returned again for my 50th birthday on the 14th of Oct 2012, as we approached under the rialto bridge the. lights the beautiful ornate venitian Gothic palaces twinkling ,its magical if you arrive just as its getting dark sitting, in the private white leather seats in the water taxi I felt like a film star Or like Shirley bassey ,Ha ha , as we I arrived outside the GRITTI palace I
Burst into tears , I had saved for 2 years to get to beautiful Venice and it was closed for refurbishment, I thought As a surprize I would turn up not knowing it was closed for a year, but my lovely memories of being in it came flooding back ,the managers are superb they are warm welcoming, the staff at reception and concierge are lovely helpful and nothing is a problem Ivan the caring manager would say to me, Angela don't worry, if the is a problem we will try to fix it and they did they calmed me down. ''you wonder why there would be any problems in Venice there are not if you can walk or stand up to cross the bridges, but as am a disabled guest and had flown from Scotland to gatwick then gatwick to Marco Polo then tried to get a motorized wheelchair onto a rocking boat with a lift on it its no surprize I was stressed and tearful at finally getting to beautiful. Venice.I have not read a review ontrip advisor from a disabled. Motorized wheelchair user,the Beauty of Venice is because its like stepping back in time to the 15th centuary ,but that's what brings the problems in Venice, So to sum up, yes venice can be done in A wheelchair, but there A lot of restricians.in a motorized wheelchair your really confined to the St marks square area and streets off it, the are some problems at the GRITTI inside the hotel but that's why the GRITTI palace is so special and the fantastic staff,they with try to help solve them ,thats why. I will always try to deal with the stress of such a old city like Venice because when I finally get on-the terrace with the wheelchair and sit looking across at the the Santa Maria della salute church all lit up, I forget Iam in a wheelchair. And have staff that care about disabled guests there we are just as important as the walking ones, and.that's why if you are in a wheelchair.go to the GRITTI palace, i hope to report back in Oct of the changes the refurbishment has made to the disabled facilities, i dont think the GRITTI can get any better.angela

• Stayed October 2012
ExecOffice-HtlGritti, General Manager at The Gritti Palace, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am very happy when I read such good comments and nice words about the experiences our Guests had during their stay at our Gritti. I am even happier when the staffs make a remarkable difference and create everlasting and loving memories.

I am really sorry to read that you were not aware of the Gritti’s closure for restoration, which caused you a huge disappointment last October. I wish to assure you not only that we are now fully in operation but also that we are providing our Guests with wheelchair accessible rooms and with disabled facilities.

Thank you for having chosen once again our Gritti Palace for your forthcoming and unforgettable visit of Venice. Please kindly contact us prior to your arrival for any special need you might have, we are gladly at your kind disposal. We will do our best in order to render your sojourn the most enjoyable.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to The Gritti Palace, I remain, with best regards,

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The restoration of the Gritti is amazing. The marble bathrooms are stunning and spacious. Upgraded electronics in the room, and super fast wifi (free for SPG platinum) are terrific. Service in the bar and restaurant are at very high standards. New spa and fitness center are beautiful. The property is fully renewed while maintaining all of the luxury and charm of the antiques and furnishings from the 1700-1800s and many older artifacts on display. Outstanding concierge staff and location can't be beat.

Room Tip: Be sure to email ahead if you are celebrating a special event. The staff has gone out of their way...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ExecOffice-HtlGritti, General Manager at The Gritti Palace, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing with us your memories of your recent visit at The Gritti Palace, which I have transmitted with pleasure to all our staff.
I am very happy to learn that you were most satisfied with the “amazing restoration” but I am even happier to read that you had a remarkable souvenir of the service delivered by our staff and appreciated very much our efforts to make your stay a special one.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Gritti Palace.

Yours truly,
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

This hotel is right on the Grand Canal and it is a small boutique hotel in a great location. Our view from our room was magnificent.
The hotel staff were so helpful and friendly. We got to know them since we saw the same faces every day. Some other hotels we stayed in in Venice we never saw the staff twice.
Hotel restaurant is so beautiful and the food was great.
We walked everywhere and this hotel had the best location. Gondola right to the other side of the Grand Canal is right next to the hotel. And St Mark's Square is right around the corner but far enough away to be out of the way of crowds. This out of the 3 hotels we stayed in in Venice was by far my favorite.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Grand Canal. I took so many great shots out of our window.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
fayetteville, ar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Before i used my Starwood Points for a Hotel in Venice I checked the Reviews, I had stayed at the Hotel Daniel a year earlier an wanted to try The Gritti Palace. After reading some reviews I started to just book the Hotel Daniel instead. But since they had just finished a complete remodel of the facility i decided to give it a try. I am glad to report that not only is the property remodeled it is better than new with all the new wireless, TV''s, showers etc , but it still retains all of the old qualities that make it special. And to those reviews that say the staff is stuffy and rude is not with i encountered. All i can say is it was the most friendly and efficient staff I have seen in a LONG time. Everyone spoke to you as you passed,they know your name at the front desk, and were glad to help with any request I had. They did a super job. The only negative thing i can say is the bathrooms are small but they are in Venice so what did you expect.. The SPA is nice and the small workout room is nice, I cannot wait to return to this property, It is really close to the water bus and is located in a great area. They even installed triple gasket sound doors and I never hear anything in the halls......Westin did it right on The Gritti Palace. AAA+++++

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for having chosen to experience our renewed Gritti Palace.
I am delighted to read that you were pleased with your choice and consider our hotel a “special place” that still retains all of the old qualities being meanwhile up to date.
I am really grateful for your very kind comments and words of appreciation concerning the staff, rating them the most friendly and efficient you have seen in a long time.
I wish to thank you for cherishing the memory of this visit and for expressing your intention to return to us, hopefully in a near future.

seaham county durham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 4 nights from 10th to 14th Feb. The hotel had only been reopened since the 1st and everywhere looked beautiful. From the moment we stepped out of the water taxi we received the very best of service. The personal checking in system is so much better
than standing at the reception desk - thank you Roberta. Our room was sumptuously decorated, the bed blissfully comfortable and the bathroom very well appointed. All members of staff greeted us wherever we were. The service in Bar Longhi was excellent especially during what turned out to be extreme weather conditions - blizzards of snow and a very high tide (aqua alta) which meant that flood gates needed to be put at all entrances. There was something of a "Blitz spirit" going on which just added to the experience!! The previous quite negative review does not reflect the experience of guests staying in the hotel. We look forward to returning to the hotel which fulfills its aim of " providing a home away from home" .

Room Tip: We had a Venetian room which was lovely. It was on the 2nd floor. It did not have a view but this di...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ExecOffice-HtlGritti, General Manager at The Gritti Palace, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Gritti with us. Comments from our Guests are always much appreciated.
I am delighted to read that you were most satisfied with the outcome of the recent refined renovation, both decorations as well as comfort, but most of all I am truly pleased in learning that you savored the high quality service delivered by the Gritti’s staff, which is even more important to me. Thank you for treasuring this experience and for mentioning of your intention to returning to your “home away from home”.

Yours sincerely,

Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The Gritti Palace is a wonderful Hotel!
We stayed there just after the reopening, after the Hotel had been reformed and it has been a fantastic experience.
Wonderful rooms, great staff, very friendly and helpful.
I definitelly recommend this Hotel!!!

Dear Guest,

I wish to thank you for your recent visit and for your kind feedback, which I took pleasure in sharing with all of our staff, as I usually do. I am sure that having been part of the creation of a “fantastic experience” will make them feel proud of their daily duties.
I am truly happy that you enjoyed your stay at The Gritti Palace and I hope I shall have the privilege of welcoming you back to our timeless icon in a not distant future.

Paolo Lorenzoni

Been to The Gritti Palace? Share your experiences!