“Nice hotel thanks to the location” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #203 of 383 Hotels in Venice
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Nice hotel thanks to the location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed 2 nights in the Santa Chiara in a superior room (canal view) together with our 2 children. The room for 4 was not very large and the beds seemed quite old. Breakfast (included) was in a small room but fresh. Very small shower.For Venice it is average/good hotel looking at the inside of the hotel. But of course the best thing about this hotel is the excellent location. Easy reachable by car/train/bus and right at the Vaporetto stop at the Piazzale Roma is unique and very practical. That is what makes this hotel unique and to be recommended

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Robertino3, Manager at Santa Chiara Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Buongiorno!

Thank you for your feedback.
We have bigger rooms in the annex, they are about 25 square meters each and the bathrooms are 8 square meters. Maybe next time you can try those rooms!!!
:o)

I'm happy you enjoyed our location, you are right when you say that it's very convenient.

I look forward to welcome you again here in Venice, warmest regards!

Roberto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night in a single room in June 2012 prior to boarding a cruise. Check-in process (had an already paid for reservation) was simple enough. Porter took bags to room. Room a/c not working well - hotter inside than out. Since I was only there overnight, I did not make a big deal about it (no way it could have been repaired at that hour anyways). Lighting was minimal, room tiny and elderly, bed comfortable enough. The saving grace was the small window looking out over the Grand Canal - enjoyed sitting at desk and watching the early morning traffic.

I would look for a less expensive room further from Piazzale Roma next time if I was staying for more than one night.

Did not eat breakfast there since visiting sites was more of a priority.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Robertino3, Manager at Santa Chiara Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Buongiorno!!!

Thank you for your review.
The room was no enormous, but it's a single room. If you need more space you have to book a double for single use.
The air conditioning is working, it was hotter in the room than in the common area because we always open them when we do the cleaning and in these days is very very hot. The air conditioning is working well (otherwise it would not have been cool in the common areas), but I understand that maybe for someone is not cool enough. Depends on where you come from!

As you said you had also the view on the Grand Canal, which can seem a normal thing but it's not, not at all. In Venice you are more than lucky if you have the view on something, having the view on the Grand Canal is the best you can have in Venice!!!

Last, but not least, the room was not expensive at all...

Warmest regards,

Woodstock, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed here in July, and it was pretty warm. Our room never did really cool off, though there was an air conditioner. In spite of this, we had a pretty good stay. Santa Chiara is right next to the water "bus", so it was easy to jump on and off (once we figured out which bus went where!). We drove in and were able to drop our rental car off then walk to the hotel. Departed from the train station which was a quick walk over the bridge. Great service for what little service we needed on our short time in Venice.

A tiny bit frustrated over the "free shuttle" to Murano Island offered by the hotel. Sort of like a time share. We were dropped off and went in to watch glass being blown, then were taken to a "showroom". Prices were much higher here than on the rest of Murano Island, so enjoy the free shuttle, but stay strong and wait to purchase AFTER you get out of the showroom!

Room Tip: We were on the top floor, which was nice, since there is a good bit of foot traffic in front of the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Robertino3, Manager at Santa Chiara Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Buongiorno!

Thank you for your very nice review.
I'm happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm sorry that for you the air conditioning was not cool enough, unfortunately the summer in Venice is quite hot and humid.

Please let me clarify the free Murano shuttle bus matter, even if it has been already discussed in the past.

The service is not offered by us (and if you understand this please accept my apologize), it's offered by the glass factory as a promotion. They show you the blowing of the glass and then you see the showroom (where you can see many pieces of glass that are real art operas). Obviously they hope to sell you something, but you are not forced to do that.
Concerning the prices of the glass there's a little but of confusion unfortunately, but it's due to the fact that most of the people is not able to recognize the difference between a piece of glass made in Murano and another one made in china. But they are not the same and the price is not the same!!!
Many glass factories propose a free tour, but we propose you only the best ones, who gives you guarantee and service also after the purchase.
Again, you are not forced to participate to the tour and if you participate you are not at all forced to buy anything.

Thanks again for your very nice review, have a great day!!!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I came for 5 days to visite Venize and the third day the money that we have in the suitcase dissapeared. The recepcionist said that only the personal who work there entered in the room to clean it. I think that the boss dont pay them enought.. We went to police station but i dont think they will do anything... So sad u.u

• Stayed July 2012
Robertino3, Manager at Santa Chiara Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
This is very offensive. We don't stole anybody's money, we don't need to do that.
My staff work with me since longtime, some people since the opening of the hotel in 1980. I trust them and I'm sure that the money has not been stolen by us.

I'm sorry for the happening, that's why I suggested you to go to the police and leave us a declaration for the insurance (that I still didn't see by the way), but I cannot accept that you assume that money has been stolen by us.

Probably you lost your money somewhere else, or you left your room open and another guest stole them.

Regards,

Lebrija, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

How lovely to get an email from the hotel several days before our stay saying they were looking forward to welcoming us and saying they would help us all they could during our visit.

The hotel location is perfect as is mentioned on many reviews and it looks picturesque. The interior is also in keeping with the style of the hotel.

Prior to our visit I emailed the hotel requesting a room in the main building and we were lucky enough to get a beautiful room on the third floor overlooking the grand canal. Definitely had the WOW factor when we opened the shutters on the windows. It was surprising how busy the canal was but we weren't affected by any noise because of the shutters.

It was fun watching from the window others struggling across the bridge pulling heavy suitcases in the hot sunshine.

Realistially the room and shower room were average sized but in our opinion were typical for a city hotel especially one of this age. This did not in any way detract from our opinion of the hotel.

The breakfast room was busy but the food was varied and good and replenished regularly.

The receptionist was brilliant, very helpful and had the patience of a saint when I had problems with my bank card on departure.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and would love to stay there again.

Also appreciated the email from the hotel when I got home. Never had emails from a hotel before like this and I have stayed in many both on business and for pleasure. Well done Santa Chiara.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Robertino3, Manager at Santa Chiara Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Buongiorno!!!

thank you for this very nice review.
I'm happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. And I'm happy that you contacted us in advance with your requests: this makes the things much easier for us!

We all look forward to welcome you again here in Venice, warmest regards!

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed at the Santa Chiara Hotel for 2 nights in July. What an amazing location!! You are right next to the bus station, the train station as well as the Piazzale Roma Vaporetto Station. Easy to move while in a quiet location when the night comes. The staff was friendly and really helpful, providing us with tips and information to make the most out of our stay. We were given room 401 which consists in a junior suite and WOW!!! We were 4 traveling together (2 adults and 2 teenagers) and the room was really spacious which was a bite surprising for me given comments I read about rooms in Venice being small. An the big bonus was a private terrace of about 14X14 with a view of the Grand canal and the city. Needless to say that this was a huge benefit to us.

The breakfast buffet was probably the only thing a little disappointing. The choice was limited although what was offered was fresh and good. The service was really good and we got fresh made cappucinos every morning.

Overall, this is a great hotel, in a great spot and with great staff whichy I do not hesitate to recommend.

Room Tip: If you can get the room 401, go for it as you will not be disappointed.
Buongiorno!

Thank you for your very kind review.
I'm very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for the suggestions about the breakfast, we will try to improve.

Thank you and have a nice day!

oc, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I completely agree with NJSLondon, word for word, we enjoyed our stay here....although we were a family of four and it was a bit cramped, we were on the second floor with a great view of the busy canal....it was great to find from the train station and we were able to always find our way home from the vaporetti stops or if we were walking because we could always follow the signs to the train station. The AC was a little lacking but we were out most of the day anyways. The staff was great at breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Robertino3, Manager at Santa Chiara Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Buongiorno!

Thank you for your very kind review.
I'm happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us!!!

Have a nice day,

Roberto

Been to Santa Chiara Hotel? Share your experiences!